Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania Archery Season

Pennsylvania Archery Season

This is the second year in a row the PA Archery Season Has been a total bust , 80 degrees in late October , Rain and high wind , you thing they'd extend the season for Archery hunters but no. Rant over I just wanna get our there and hunt but the stupid weather is very frustrating.

And it's gonna' get MUCH worse in the next two days.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Quote Originally Posted by johnharper196 View Post
    This is the second year in a row the PA Archery Season Has been a total bust , 80 degrees in late October , Rain and high wind , you thing they'd extend the season for Archery hunters but no. Rant over I just wanna get our there and hunt but the stupid weather is very frustrating.
    yes i am on vacation next 2 weeks i feel your pain . not much movement yet some little bucks chasing does around but , weather this week will be horrible i will be out until 60 mile an hour winds come

I agree. I think its time for me to start looking for a lease in KS or maybe IA.
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, PSE, Elite, and Bear
    Carbon Express & Black Eagle Arrows, QAD, Vortex Optics and more....
    Call Anytime 724-487-4974

You'd think the game commission would say "hey maybe we should let Archery run until January ?" like Ohio does , I think that's where I'm headed at least I know I'll have 2 more months to hunt, with this weather praying to kill a buck within the next 2 weeks then it's over just doesn't seem realistic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie/PA View Post
    I agree. I think its time for me to start looking for a lease in KS or maybe IA.
    sounds good but, i have 2 girls headed for collage one this year one next so. guess i am stuck in pa. for a while . ohhhwell could be worse i guess

We still have the late season!
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Couple buddies and myself have done quite well so far. I actually can't complain about how well this season has been. Matter of fact two friends both shot bucks last night. Ya never know I guess, all it takes to turn a bad season to great is one wandering buck.
    Blue Fusion Alpha Elite, CBE Elite 3-D w/ Swaro Scope, Limbdriver, Bee Stinger Pro
    2 Bowtech Experiences- QAD HDX, Axcel HD, Fuse Carbon Blade
    BowTech Insanity CPX-Black Ops, Axcel HD, QAD HDX, Fuse Carbon Blade

Bow hunters in PA get more time in the woods than anybody else. And you are still not happy.

They don't need to extend the season, they just need to start later and run later, like mid october til mid nov. Same goes for spring turkey season. Start that earlier, and end earlier.
    2013 PSE Dominator 3D Max
    Dead Center Archery Pro Staff
    WR Custom Bowstrings, Lenhart Releases, Baker's Archery Supply

Quote Originally Posted by op27 View Post
    Bow hunters in PA get more time in the woods than anybody else. And you are still not happy.
    guess , you have not hunted any place else? ohio and w.v. is way longer than our season ?

How you figure that ?

How you figure that ?
    Ok, lets break this down. you get more time than small game guys. Regular season is 2 weeks. bear season is a few daYS, muzzleloaders guys get 2 weeks after christmas, and 1 early week. The only thing that gets more time in the woods is trapping. Be happy with the amont of time you have, instead of being greedy.

Ok, lets break this down. you get more time than small game guys. Regular season is 2 weeks. bear season is a few daYS, muzzleloaders guys get 2 weeks after christmas, and 1 early week. The only thing that gets more time in the woods is trapping. Be happy with the amont of time you have, instead of being greedy.
    Well maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what that has to do with Archery Season.

Quote Originally Posted by pa.hunter View Post
    guess , you have not hunted any place else? ohio and w.v. is way longer than our season ?
    I've hunted all over, but I wasnt talking about being out of state. but bowhunters in PA get more time in the woods than any of the other seasons we have.

Now if i could only hunt on sundays

You get to start at the end of Sept=NOv ..Then 4 days for bear----then you an carry your bow in fiffle season if you want----Then you get to go back out after chritsmas for 2 more weeks.

How much more time do you think they should give you. Thats all I'm saying. You get alot of time in the woods compared to everyone else. What would make you happy.

You get to start at the end of Sept=NOv ..Then 4 days for bear----then you an carry your bow in fiffle season if you want----Then you get to go back out after chritsmas for 2 more weeks.

How much more time do you think they should give you. Thats all I'm saying. You get alot of time in the woods compared to everyone else. What would make you happy.
    Hey genius here's the states with the LONGEST Archery Season
    Montana
    Virginia
    Ohio
    South Carolina
    Delegate

I didn't hear PA in there anywhere , sounds to me like you need to get yourself laid , maybe that will take some of your bitterness away.

I taged out on my buck 8 point and seen more bucks not huge ones but bucks in my area than the last 7 years so not bad where I live in PA If they can live a few years to get bigger with out some idiot shooting them just cause they have horns found a nice 8 dead gut shot by bullet heard the shot right off the road 2 day of archery not even light yet.

This is a bowhunting site so I say we need a longer season and I dont care about having more time then other seasons. Ha

If you hunt the special regs areas you can archery hunt from Sept 15 -Dec. 8 then Dec 26 - Jan 26. Thats a pretty long season.

See and its all because Pa. Dosent have sundays. If we did we could have 7 days to hunt in 80 degree weather

Hey genius here's the states with the LONGEST Archery Season
    Montana
    Virginia
    Ohio
    South Carolina
    Delegate

I didn't hear PA in there anywhere , sounds to me like you need to get yourself laid , maybe that will take some of your bitterness away.
    still clueless hahah I cant write it in crayon so you could understand.

I now realize your a teenager so I will just let it go.

I hope you get to kill something

I've hunted all over, but I wasnt talking about being out of state. but bowhunters in PA get more time in the woods than any of the other seasons we have.
    thought we was talking archery? guess i am wrong you are right sorry for being so dumb . wish our season started later and lasted till first week or rifle then we could tag the big boys . rut has started here right at last 2-3 days of the END of our season last couple years

How do u figure? You need to check other states out...like ohio, delaware, alabama...etc...
    Mathews Heli-M 65lbs. 29" , dropzone rest,
    Vital gear adjustable sight, carbon express maxima hunters,
    Vendetta luepold rangefinder, Ramcat broad heads
    Carbon express xforce 850,maxima hunter arrows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast