Thread: What kind of saw you use for cutting shooting lanes?

What kind of saw you use for cutting shooting lanes?

Right now I a hand pole saw to trim branches for my shooting lanes, but have been thinking about getting a chain saw type pole saw. This got me to thinking if I bought a cordless reciprocating saw (sawzall) and modified it wouldn't this work as well? Would have to redo some wiring and move the switch, but I cant think why this wouldnt work. Anyone try anything like this?

"If you're good at what you do you don't have to tell everyone, they'll tell you"

The only problem I see with using a reciprocating saw is that they have a tendency to kick back if you do not apply significant pressure to them, and I'm not sure you would be able to apply the proper amount of pressure if it's mounted to a pole and up in the air above you. It may work fine, but it's probably just going to be one of those projects you will have to try out and see how it goes.
    Mathews Apex Bold Liquid Gold___Mathews Custom Safari 2___Mathews Monster MR5
    Sure-Loc Supreme_____________Toxonics Mag 50__________ Toxonics Mag 50
    BullsEye Millenium Scope________Mathews Drop-Away Rest___MPSI Drop-Away Rest
    MPSI rest, STS________________Double STS______________ Doinker Elite Hunter, Rage 2-Blade
    Easton A/C/C 3-49_____________CX Maxima 350___________ CX Maxima Hunter 450

I use a Silkey pole saw. They are the best pole saw I've ever used. They have ultra sharp blades, and basically feed themselves into the cut, you don't need to try and apply a lot of pressure, which someone above brought up about the sawzall.

pole saw from Lowes. 29.99

I use a Stihl Kombi motor, with a pole saw attachment, and an extension.

Makes cutting shooting lanes a real quick and painless task.
    Rytera Bullet-X (Nitrous-X).
    Goldtip Xt Hunter/NAP Spitfire, G5 Striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    .....I don't want to continue to argue over AR.....

What kind of saw you use for cutting shooting lanes?

Hooyman is all I use......10' it's easy to pack in and works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    E32 Stormy Hardwoods NATURAL
    Breathn Strings
    STORMY HARDWOODS PRO STAFF

Black and Decker, I think, makes a battery operated pole saw for about $200 that I've thought would be real handy. I have a Gerber combination pole saw/clipper that does a decent job. I'm lucky to have private land that I control and so I can "play" on it during the off season so I have the time to use ladders and regular tree pruning gear but if I didn't, I think I'd be looking at the B&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfordkc View Post
    Black and Decker, I think, makes a battery operated pole saw for about $200 that I've thought would be real handy. I have a Gerber combination pole saw/clipper that does a decent job. I'm lucky to have private land that I control and so I can "play" on it during the off season so I have the time to use ladders and regular tree pruning gear but if I didn't, I think I'd be looking at the B&D.
    Yeah I was looking at these and it seems to be a better option
    "If you're good at what you do you don't have to tell everyone, they'll tell you"