Thread: Peep sight sliding?

Peep sight sliding?

I shot my best buck ever last week but I didn't put the best shot on him. I hit him high and in the spine. I figured I had simply made a poor shot but yesterday I found that it might not have been all me. My peep sight had slid and my bow was off. How do you guys tie your peep sight in to keep it from sliding up or down the string. I've never had this problem until I changed strings on my bow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hoyt Faktor 30, Vital Gear Sights, QAD Hoyt HDX, Carbon Express Maxima Hunters, Slick Trick Mags

what type of peep? peep with tube aligner or just a normal peep like g5's meta peep?

do you do your own work or do you have a proshop do your work?

Eric
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

I serve up one side of the string (below the peep) and then when I go around the peep twice and then pull the serving back against the peep and slides between the peep and string and I serve up the opposite side and finish it off. I have also tied a few knots around the peep and had it work very well with no issues.

2014 Martin Nemesis
    Martin Archery Field Staff
    Pinnacle Archery Pro Staff
    Red meat is not bad for you... fuzzy green meat is bad for you

Re: Peep sight sliding?

Sorry. Yeah it is a meta peep. It is simply tied above and below and was done by a proshop. I am trying to learn to do my own work but I did not tie this one.

Hoyt Faktor 30, Vital Gear Sights, QAD Hoyt HDX, Carbon Express Maxima Hunters, Slick Trick Mags

google tying in peep sights on google and watch some of the videos, thats how i learned.

and yeah thats how i tie mine, the same way Brian F. does, works great just make sure that serving is TIGHT!
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

Slid or got hit? Been tying just below and above since forever and never had one slide....
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Re: Peep sight sliding?

I am not sure if it got hit or not but it was not hard to slide with my fingers to put it back in place. I would think as easily as it slid it could move with the force of multiple shots. Either way I don't like the thought of it moving. Like I said I am just learning.

Always serve top and bottom and tie peep in separate, dont tie it in with the serving, it will create twist