a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Mathews Chill

2013 Mathews Chill

Well everyone wanted a shorter monster ... here it is what do yall think about it. Little slower than what i was expecting but maybe it will be a trade off for smoothness and it kinda seems that maybe they are trying to be more accurate on specs(judging by the z7extreme vs ZXT nothing major was changed and the fps dropped). I know some were dead set on getting a new monster if it came out so is it gonna be a real seller?

PSE Omen Pro Black/Camo 70 lbs # pin BG ascent limbdriver pro v doinker dish
    PSE DREAM SEASON EVO 73LBS 3 PIN TOMMY HOGGWHISKER BISCUIT SURE SHOT OCTANE STAB
    PSE XFORCE HF 6 60LBS EXTREME SIGHT WHISKER BISCUIT
    Elite Judge 74LBS G5 OPTIX XR WB 340 fmj 75 gn brass insert/125BH
    EASTON FLATLINES 400s w/ 100 GRAIN ST MAG AND T3s TRUFIRE EDGE FOLDBACK RELEASE

i cant belive the speed on these new bows, i wonder if they were consertrating on smoothness of draw more?

The smoothest shooting two cam bow on the planet is quite a boast I'll shoot one and see.

I had a M7 and really liked how it shot. But it was way to heavy. I see they have lightened it up so I might have to give it a try.
    Bob

Not what I was hoping for, I'm out this year.
    2013 Elite Answer
    2014 Xpedition Archery XRing 6

B-Stinger / HHA / QAD / CX Maxima / RAGE / Center Circle & Retrieverfishin strings

2013 Mathews Chill

Im excited for it. Im gonna give it a go! Like the specs on it.
    Mathews Heli-M Tactical 29.5" 60-70
    Mathews Creed Camo Riser/Black Limbs 29.5" 60-70
    Mathews Chill-R Tactical 29.5" 60-70
    Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg & Boss Hogg
    Fayette County & Allegheny County PA

It will sell because it is a mathews and has a new name on it.

I have a mr6 cant wait to shoot this one.

I do like the Chill... I was wanting a shorter monster with 7" bh... hopefully the draw is smoother that the xlr8 i shot a few years back....

I will shoot this and the new Bowtech...
    Bowtech EXPERIENCE - Spot Hogg - QAD HDX - Stokerized - G5 T3's

If this chill is smother than my '09 Reezen....I'm buy'in it!!!!

2013 Mathews Chill

Man I was hoping for a longer monster
    Bowtech , skips archery , McKinney custom strings , shrewd archery, Gold tip,Scott release,and CBE sights

2013 Mathews Chill

Can't wait to shoot it. I have an MR7 and love it. If the Chill shoots as good as it then I'll be getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vapor Trail Archery Limbdriver Micro Elite, Limbdriver Pro, PSE
    truetimber.com sc-archery.com vaportrailarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by candymaker13 View Post
    Man I was hoping for a longer monster
    So has everyone else since 2009. Oh well im $900+ richer lol

Quote Originally Posted by trucker3573 View Post
    It will sell because it is a mathews and has a new name on it.
    yup... lots of folks will buy it just because it's the " new " Mathews.

anyone else realized that the Z7X is only 6 fps faster than the 2008 DXT?
    100% certified Beak Freak...

Sort of want try the Chill myself... Dealer just told me MAYBE January...
    '07 Envy #118 28/74, FMJ 340s, Ramcats @ 310fps
    '07 Envy #010 28/70, GT XT 75-95, Ramcats @ 306 fps
    '10 Monster 7.0 28/70, FMJ 340s, Slick Trick Mags @ 302fps

Re: 2013 Mathews Chill

I love it. Oh wait 333 ibo? No thanks

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

At first I was not impressed with the line up and I will make the decision for myself really wanted to buy a 2013 Mathews this year but was disappointed. That being said I talked with a friend who was also not impressed he had an opportunity to shoot one today and said blew his mind could bairely tell he shot a bow no hand shock and little noise with no accessories was piling arrows on top of each other out to 30 at the shop. I guess I will have to shoot one and make my own call.

2013 Mathews Chill

I bet they will come out wit another bow at the ata show, and no new tournament bow? Weird, but the die hard fanboys will buy them up.. Mathews definitely saved some money in R&D this year, will prob put t into advertising and sponsorships..

For half the price I'll see how the mission compares to the chill. The only differences I see is a couple ounces and a waffle cut riser compared to a triangle cut riser.
    Spec wise everything is pretty much the same.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric BLACK 30" 60# qad hd, extreme sight, K3 stabilizer, truball ht, victory vaps

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    For half the price I'll see how the mission compares to the chill. The only differences I see is a couple ounces and a waffle cut riser compared to a triangle cut riser.
    Spec wise everything is pretty much the same.

The Ballistic @ $499.99, wow nice price point. I bet they sell a few of those for sure.

I've had the ballistic for 3 weeks now and other than appearance, one extra damper, and a little better grip ill take my $300 to $500 savings all day long. My ballistic shoots 294 fps with my 395 grain hunting arrows at 28.5 draw and that's plenty for me.

I for one like the new 2013 mathews line up! Its always exciting to see the different bow companies come up with their new products each year. I have been reading a lot of different posts on how a lot of people are disappointed with the slower ibo speeds of the Mathews line up this year. In my opinion, it is all about accuracy, shot placement and getting the most compatible arrow set up with your broadhead in terms of the particular game animal you are hunting. What good is a 340 fps bow if you are not using the correct arrow set up, or if your form is not the greatest and cant shoot straight at all? Its about finding that most perfect shooting balance for each individual and having a great all around bow that is smooth, vibe free, noise free, feels great in the hands and is simply a joy to shoot. All im sayin is that although Mathews 2013 Creed may not have the ibo speeds people are after, or even the Monster Chill, im sure they are great handling bows that shoot very well! There are a lot of different bows that are offered by many other different companies that you may find what suits you best! Just enjoy the sport and all the awesome experiences that comes along with it!!!

I was hoping for a lighter Monster, but for a 31" draw. Well, One out of two, in this case is bad for me. LOL

back in 2010 I shot the Monster 7 and really liked it but i wanted something just a little shorter, closer to 32". I also remember saying for the last 2 years that if Mathews made a Monster that was shorter, lighter, and had a reverse roller guard, I would buy one. Well now it looks like i may have to put my $ where my mouth is... I just bought a Vector Turbo, and already have a Prime Centroid that I haven't really shot yet and my Elite Z28 that I hunted with this year, but I may have to add a Chill to the mix... I guess I will wait till I shoot one before I make my decision.
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

I am quite relieved that there is nothing that inspired me to part with my money...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast