Thread: Hoyt Spyder 30 Review

Hoyt Spyder 30 Review

Okay let me first start out by saying I am not a fanboy of any make bow even though I am currently shooting a Hoyt Carbon Element RKT. I purchase a new bow every year and I shoot all of the new bows before I make a decision on what bow I will purchase. I have owned/shot PSE,Bowtech, Mathews,Hoyt and Elite.

So I was in Ohio hunting this past week and went to Fin,Fur and Feather in Ashland, Ohio. I was looking at bows and saw they had the new 2013 Hoyts in stock. A bow tech came up and asked me about what bow I was intrested in. I informed him that I had a brand new 2012 Hoyt CE RKT and wasn't there to purchase a new bow yet but I would be in a few weeks. He was very nice and super informative. He asked me If I would like to shoot the new Hoyt Spyder 30 since that was one of the bows I would be looking at for 2013. So he set a Spyder 30 in 28" 62# up with just a rest and loop and down to the range we went.

Fit/Finish - This particular bow was in the new realtree AP Extra camo. Very nice, a little lighter tan base color than AP. The bow was absolutely flawless. Camo was very brilliant, clean and the limb graphics were awsome. I like that Hoyt went back to all black on the parts/components.

Noise - This bow is absolutely dead quiet! It is the quietest bow I have ever shot and I have owned/shot the bowtech General/Guardian and this bow is much quieter. It is quieter than my CE RKT also. The new Limb Shocks are truly amazing at how much they quiet this bow. I really wasn't expecting this bow to be this quiet. I can't wait to see what this bow reads on a decibal meter because it will shock everyone.

Vibration - Again this bow is dead at the shot. The bow did not have a stab on it and the hand shock was zero. I barely knew this bow went off at the shot. Less vibration than my CE RKT.

Draw/Valley - This bow had the #3 cam and was the smoothest Hoyt I have ever shot. The valley is awsome on this bow, best of any Hoyt ever made. The valley on this bow is a close second to Elite's. It draws butter smooth. it doesn't have the stiffness at the front of the draw cycle like my CE RKT. Smoother and better valley too! The wall is right on par with all the latest Hoyts, excellant for string stop.

Grip- The wood grip on this bow is awsome as well. I didn't know what I was missing until I shot it again. I do like the wood grip better that the rubber 180 grip. This bow holds amazing for a 30" ata bow.

Overall this is the best Hoyt I have ever shot and will probably be my next bow, I will shoot all the new 2013 bows but this one is going to be hard to beat. I cant stress enough how Quiet and Shock free this bow is!

I am not a bow engineer/ designer or pro hunter, I am just your average hunter who has been shooting bows for 25yrs and this is JMO. Do yourself a favor and shoot this bow if you are in the market for new bow.
    Elite Energy 32 62# 27.5dl HHA Opitmizer Lite 5519 Easton FMJ Injection 400's Elite Stokerized 7" Stab Elite QAD HDX Rage Hypodermics

thx.....

Are they tuning nock level with the grip being lowered ?
    >>-----------> OT7 CUSTOM BOW TUNING <-----------<<
    GIVING YOU TRUE ARROW FLIGHT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    Arrows spine indexed, rests, sights etc. call for pricing 970-301-0706
    >>---------->WEBSITE COMING SOON<----------<<
    STAGE 1 STRINGS

Cant wait to shoot this beast man...Great Review
    Corey Frasnelly-You Cant Do This in France

I live very close to the Fin, Feather Fur and I love that store. Great people to deal with!
    Desert Tactical Chill X & Mathews Apex 8
    CBE Scope & Tek Target bar
    Scott Backspin
    B-Stinger Stabilizers
    Easton Arrows

My sentiments exactly your description is right on the money. I just got my Spyder 30 back from Crackers last Thursday and I am super please with this bow, I love this bow.
    "CRACKERIZED"
    CARTER'S ARCHERY
    (816) 232-2577
    www.cartersarchery.net

Can anyone tell me about what the fps would be with a 28.5 in draw and 400 grain 7595? Not familiar with their ata rating.

Quote Originally Posted by chromes-z7 View Post
    I live very close to the Fin, Feather Fur and I love that store. Great people to deal with!
    Yes they are. I wish we had one here near Syracuse, NY. The people there are extremely friendly and have excellant knowledge of there products. I am very impressed with that store. Not sure on the nock tuning level, but the one I shot did not have a peep or sight and I was shooting at about 15yds and put three arrows all touching each other. Also any of the videos of this bow on youtube do not do this bow justice on how quiet it is. The new limb shocks are no gimmick, they work! The only bow I can see right now that may compete with the Spyder would probably be the 2013 Elite Hunter, But the Spyder is much faster.
    Elite Energy 32 62# 27.5dl HHA Opitmizer Lite 5519 Easton FMJ Injection 400's Elite Stokerized 7" Stab Elite QAD HDX Rage Hypodermics

Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddy21 View Post
    Can anyone tell me about what the fps would be with a 28.5 in draw and 400 grain 7595? Not familiar with their ata rating.
    At 29" DL and 60# my Spyder 30 is sending my 430gr arrow downrange 283fps
    "CRACKERIZED"
    CARTER'S ARCHERY
    (816) 232-2577
    www.cartersarchery.net

Quote Originally Posted by bornagain View Post
    At 29" DL and 60# my Spyder 30 is sending my 430gr arrow downrange 283fps
    If that chrono is accurate that puts you over 340 IBO with 10 grains on the string.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Bowtech Invasion
    Elite E-force

Im excited great review!