Thread: ? on a liver hit deer

? on a liver hit deer

Hey peeps, could you guys tell me how far a liver hit deer will go and how long it will take for them to die? I hit one last night have pretty good blood but backed out until this a.m only problem is it rained last night.

Strothers Rush sx
    Gold tip Pro hunters
    Swhacker

If it wasn't pressured then most likely didn't go far. But ya never know with liver hits.

Ive never had one go very far. If you were in cover you ought to find it pretty easy.

Re: ? on a liver hit deer

I shot a buck Saturday liver shot , went about 80 yards

Yeah i agree with Team Hoyt PA. As long as nothing pushed it, it would want to "curl up & die". Also search a close source of water.

You did the right thing backing out. You should find him quickly this morning. Good luck!
    Kyle Kromer

My buddy did the same thing last night... waiting to hear from him this AM on recovery as well.
    Mathews Creed
    HHO Optimizer 5019
    Beman ICS Hunter 400
    NAP SpitFire Maxx
    Rip Cord Code Red

Not proud of it but I liver hit both my does this year. Both were recovered less than 100 yds.
    Athens Accomplice 34, Copper John DN 3, Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit, Doinker Stabilizer, Treelimb 5-Arrow Carbon Fiber Quiver
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me"Gen. 27:3

mine went about 100yards last year, took about 5 hours to expire

Mine went about 50 yards and was down for the count in about 2 minutes. Don't know how normal that is.

Born and raised in Southern Ohio, stuck in Knoxville, TN now
    I liver hit one the other day, and she made it about 250 yards. From the looks of the blood trail, she ran the whole way though.

I shot a doe in the liver about 6 years ago she ran over 500 yards recovered her the next day but I have also shot deer in the liver and watched them run 30 yards stop then fall over.

ive never had one go really far. they just tend to bed down and stay alive a little bit longer than a lung hit. if you gave him over night you will more than likely find the deer
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo Blackout

If it has two lungs, i hunt it......