Mathews introduces three new offerings- creed™, chill™ & zxt™!

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Mathews introduces three new offerings- Creed™, Chill™ & ZXT™!

MATHEWS INTRODUCES THREE NEW OFFERINGS- CREED™, CHILL™ & ZXT™!
    Sparta, Wisconsin – November 5, 2012 –For 2013, Mathews® introduces three new models designed with the discriminating archer in mind! The Mathews® Solocam® Creed™ is the signature bow offered and is fueled by an all new high-performance SimPlex™ Cam. The McPherson Series™ Monster® Chill™ is outfitted with an enhanced dual cam system evolved from the proven AVS™ technology. Rounding out the 2013 family of bows is the Mathews® Solocam® ZXT™, a base model offering with proven ‘Z-Series’ styling and performance.
    Creed
    Creating something that is more advanced by making it simpler is an engineering marvel. New from Mathews® is the Creed™. Featuring the all new SimPlex Cam™, the Creed™ is the smoothest drawing single cam bow ever created. The Creed™ is designed around a balanced synergistic system giving it an amazing blend of speed, quietness and accuracy all in a lightweight compact bow. The Creed™ truly is Advanced Simplicity™. Experience it for yourself at your Authorized Mathews® Retailer.

Creed Specs*
    IBO Up to 328 fps
    Axle to Axle 30”
    Brace 7”
    Physical Weight 3.85
    Let off 80%
    Draw Weights 50-70 lbs
    Draw Lengths 26-30”
    Half sizes 26.5-29.5”
    MSRP $999
    Finish Available Lost Camo®, Black and Tactical

Chill
    The Monster® Chill™ gives a new look and feel to the Mathews McPherson Series® line. The Chill™ is equipped with the New DYAD™ AVS® Cam System which features dual Perimeter Weighted® Cams producing minimal post shot vibration and great speed. Combined with a Reverse Assist Roller Guard™ and GeoGrid® Riser, the Chill™ is lightweight, compact and without question the smoothest shooting two cam bow on the planet. These attributes continue to make the Monster® line of bows, The Fastest Bows You’ll Ever Want To Shoot!
    Chill Specs*
    IBO Up to 333 fps
    Axle to Axle 30.5”
    Brace 7”
    Physical Weight 3.90
    Let off 80%
    Draw Weights 50-70 lbs
    Draw Lengths 23-30”
    Half sizes 23.5-29.5”
    MSRP $999
    Finish Available Lost Camo®, Black and Tactical

ZXT
    The New ZXT™ is designed with proven Mathews® features at an affordable price. Powered by the popular ZX Single Cam™ the ZXT™ has a great blend of smooth draw, speed and low recoil. With technologies such as Reverse Assist Roller Guard™, GridLock® Riser Design and Harmonic Dampers®, you won’t find a better performing bow for the money.
    ZXT Specs*
    IBO Up to 326 fps
    Axle to Axle 28”
    Brace 7.375”
    Physical Weight 4.20
    Let off 80%
    Draw Weights 40-70 & 65 lbs
    Draw Lengths 24-30”
    Half sizes 24.5-29.5”
    MSRP $799
    Finish Available Lost Camo® and Black

For more information on the 2013 Mathews line, go to www.mathewsinc.com or visit your local authorized retailer.
    *All specifications are approximate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Just curious as to why anyone would spend an extra $200 to get the Creed, with 2 extra fps. when you loose nearly 1/2 an inch of forgiving b/h? (By the numbers alone, it certainly doesn't seem like a smart tradeoff to me!)
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle/Guido's Web, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    First bow had a weak/defective riser, KABOOM! ~ I broke the first limb, dealer broke the replacement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Have you shot them? Don't understand how you can make a decision without doing that?

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LetThemGrow View Post
    Have you shot them? Don't understand how you can make a decision without doing that?
    It's all about brace height & inherent forgiveness for me. And at a loss of almost 1/2 an inch b/h for 2 fps.... Even without considering the $200 price difference I wouldn't be interested in the Creed at all. I won't buy a new 2013 Hoyt either, with 6.75 inch brace it's too "over the edge" for me. I prefer a minimum of 7 1/2 for hunting, and 7 1/4 is about as low as I'll go regardless of how it feels.

I've owned quite a few hunting bows over the past decade. (Granted, many are short ata bows, 30-33 inches, as I have a 26.5 to 27.5 draw depending on how accurately the bow is "rated.") Irrespective, many of the older bows with 8 or more b/h were/are significantly more forgiving, and the shot groups prove it. (2002-2005 bows)

Bottom line: "I'd give up 2 fps. for an extra 1/2 inch of b/h without thinking twice, regardless of price."
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle/Guido's Web, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    First bow had a weak/defective riser, KABOOM! ~ I broke the first limb, dealer broke the replacement.

I wouldn't be surprised if: Between the two new 2013 bows, the new Mathews ZX Single Cam™ ZXT™ is the "single cam choice" for a majority of Mathews hunters. It's a bit heavier than the Creed, but ~5 oz. is no big deal, especially if it holds nicely. (And you might be able to make that weight back if it doesn't need a stab for < 40 yard whitetail hunting.)

Of course, if you're going to drop down to 7 in. brace, why wouldn't you just by the lighter Heli-M instead? ~ I'm just thinking out loud here. Between these two bows (Creed & Heli-M), I would have to shoot them side by side to make the right choice for sure.

Maybe you should go shoot them side by side. i know i did when i orderd my Creed and there is a huge difference. plus the creed is very quiet even as a bare bow.

anyone shoot the chill yet? Notice no one is talking about it. I have a z7 extreme, just wondering what it is like going over to dual cam

I shot the chill and the creed..As soon as Imdone hunting with my Heli-m Im gonna buy the creed.The chill shot DEAD in your hand but the draw was wierd.It felt like you couldnt get it drawn all the way back.It was real spungy feelin.The creed could be felt a little more when shot but not bad at all.It felt a lot like my Heli-m.But no hand tourqe and that has been my problem with the Heli-m...

The Chill was pretty nice, but too much like my MR6 to change, but the Creed....I just didn't like at all, just not my cup of tea I suppose, the draw to ME was one of the absolute worst I have ever felt. Been a long long time since I haven't owned a Mathews offering.
    Blue Mathews C4, Sure Loc One, Swaro Scope, Hamska Hybrid Pro, Shadow Stabs
    2 Bowtech Experience's- QAD HDX, HHA King Pin
    Bowtech Reign6- Mossy Oak QAD, CBE Tek-Hybrid Pro
    Bowtech Reign6 EII Hamskea, King Pin

Not a fan of the Creed either. The Chill is another story. Its a great bow except for the back wall being a little spongy.

thanks for all the replies, good info

Just got back from Bay archery in Michigan and I got to tell ya, all theses bows are awesome! I've been shooting a PSE F4 express which is god knows how old for a few years. I've been soaking in every bit of information on every bow I hear about for about two years. for instance learning about how BH affects arrow travel and speed ( they say short BH are "over the edge" or "the arrow stays on the string longer making it less forgiving") I have to disagree because I noticed with bows being faster the arrow leaves the string faster. well, faster than a ten year old bow.

Anyways, I talked with Brian and what he did for me was set up 10 bows with the same draw lenth and poundage for me 28.5 at 65#. with only a knock loop and rest rigged on the bows I began drawing and shooting bows. this takes away from thinking about the target and aiming and grouping and let me concentrate on just the bow itself. I'd draw it back... hold it... then... let it down.... draw it back.... SHOOT! I wish I was blind folded and brian would have just handed me the bow to take away from knowing what I was shooting.

Its not like I'm currently shooting a z7 or a carbon matrix or any top of the line bow from two years ago. Heck I was happy with my old PSE until I found it had a cracked limb. So with that said I'm gonna do something that I never seen anyone do on archery talk, I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHAT I THOUGHT THE BEST BOW WAS!!! Why? because they are all good for one and the best bow is the bow that YOU draw back and shoot and are like WOW! I liked that!!! GET IT!!! When I open my bow case in October I can say that is my bow. not what my friend said was the best bow and i got it.

Bottom Line is this, Why go on a website... ask someone which is better and rely on their answer when you can go to your local dealer or heck go to more than one just to shoot another bow of the same. (after all, they are pricey.) would you buy a new car because I told you to? NO! So get off your hide and get to shooting!

Bay archery... Spent alot of time there when I lived up there glad to hear its still open. Go with the chill. Mine is awesome

I plan to shoot the new Mathew's this weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mathews creed 2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	1638065
    My tricked out creed

Good looking bows.

Too bad they are all discontinued now.

SCFox