a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winchester bows

2013 Winchester bows

Have spoke with sales rep this week. To my surprise, they answered phone. They haven't had power in over a week due to hurricane sandy and now the nor Easter is creating more problems. The Winchester quicksilver 34 is going to be their flagship bow with totaling redesigned cams. They say its gonna be faster than the previous 340+. It's also gonna come in a couple of different color variation. Ex. Black/camo. They also filling in the price gap this year with te new Laredo. Also they are releasing something new that they are keeping secret. I asked was it all good, their statement was "oh yes" so guess we have to wait to ATA to find out details. The new SS should be ready to ship in hopefully 3 weeks depending on when they get power to start production and finish testing.

NC Ben Pearson Prostaff Coordinator

I would like to see them make a go of it. But don't hear of too many folks shooting their bows.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

My setup......E35, 60# with a TorqueLess Grip, JBK strings, QAD rest, Tru Glo sights, and a cheap, light weight stab.

Good to see they are getting up and going!

Now if local dealers would just carry all of these different bow lines so I could try all of them

Norm

I was really impressed with their line of bows. The fit and finish on them is one of the best. Their entry level bow (destiny/thunderbolt) is extremely nice. Excellent graphics, solid, comes with center shot tool and 2 sets of grip inserts. You can lay it next to many more expensive bows and it looks just as nice.

Wish them well.
    Bowtech Invasion #70, IQ sight, 7" Octane stabilizer, Aerorest.
    Bowtech Soldier #60, IQ sight, Trophy Ridge Revolution rest.
    Winchester Thunderbolt, lefty, biscuit and an awesome youth bow!
    CSS (Custom Shooting Systems) System 1 #70 Muzzy Zero effect, No-PeeP.

I have a QS31 that I really like but it is noisy. Hope they rectified that problem.
    but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....Romans 8

Quote Originally Posted by Black Creek View Post
    Have spoke with sales rep this week. To my surprise, they answered phone. They haven't had power in over a week due to hurricane sandy and now the nor Easter is creating more problems. The Winchester quicksilver 34 is going to be their flagship bow with totaling redesigned cams. They say its gonna be faster than the previous 340+. It's also gonna come in a couple of different color variation. Ex. Black/camo. They also filling in the price gap this year with te new Laredo. Also they are releasing something new that they are keeping secret. I asked was it all good, their statement was "oh yes" so guess we have to wait to ATA to find out details. The new SS should be ready to ship in hopefully 3 weeks depending on when they get power to start production and finish testing.
    Will the new QS34 keep the name or it gonna change? and how much do they sell at dealers' shop?

2013 Winchester bows

Should be called quicksilver 34 SS. Not sure on prices yet.
    NC Ben Pearson Prostaff Coordinator

2013 Winchester bows

Judging by the interest on this thread they are not going to sell many. They need to get these into walmarts.
    Current stable------>
    Martin Firecat 400 29/70
    Rytera Alien X 29/60
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix plus 29/70 #3 cams

Really when I think bows...Winchester is not what comes to mind.

2013 Winchester bows

Richard said today he was no longer designing for Winchester and they were just selling old stock. Sounds like they are about at the end of the line. Bummer.
    Current stable------>
    Martin Firecat 400 29/70
    Rytera Alien X 29/60

I just saw on their facebook that the 2013 bows are available... I wonder if they really are at the end of the line? I was interested in a qs34 and a destiny for the wife.

2013 Winchester bows

I don't think anyone cares about Winchester bows. Can't say I'm surprised. I'd be amazed if they were still in business in 3 years from now.
    Current stable------>
    Martin Firecat 400 29/70
    Rytera Alien X 29/60

I dont know, ive read alot of really good reviews about a few of their offerings.. Plus from what ive read, they had some heavy hitters designing them.

2013 Winchester bows

Quote Originally Posted by garyson1311 View Post
    I dont know, ive read alot of really good reviews about a few of their offerings.. Plus from what ive read, they had some heavy hitters designing them.
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. All good though.
    Current stable------>
    Martin Firecat 400 29/70
    Rytera Alien X 29/60

Not sure why you need to talk trash but ok. Ive read good reviews on the quicksilver bows and I heard richard batdorf designed for them and he knows his stuff. Flame on sir.

Quote Originally Posted by garyson1311 View Post
    Not sure why you need to talk trash but ok. Ive read good reviews on the quicksilver bows and I heard richard batdorf designed for them and he knows his stuff. Flame on sir.
    You apparently didnt read the previous post where he said richard was no longer designing for them? so whos flaming who?
    Obsession Phoenix

2013 Winchester bows

Lol
    Hoyt Nitrum Turbo #3 28.5
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 300
    Black Gold Ascent Single Pin
    Scott Longhorn III and Scott Nexxus
    Grim Reaper Broadheads

Yes I said he designed for them as opposed to saying he is currently designing for them. All I was trying to say is I heard good things ...holy *****.

All he was trying to say was that Rich is no longer there so those good things you may have heard may not be applicable.So keep over reacting.
    Obsession Phoenix

Richard is quite ignorant! He was fired from Winchester for copying other inventors designs and saying they were his...what a loser! I wouldn't trust a word that guy has to say! Sounds to me like he is a disgruntled ex-employee! I spoke to some key people, the 2013 SS series is different, Batdorf doesn't know what he is talking about...as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by Xbowtech View Post
    Richard is quite ignorant! He was fired from Winchester for copying other inventors designs and saying they were his...what a loser! I wouldn't trust a word that guy has to say! Sounds to me like he is a disgruntled ex-employee! I spoke to some key people, the 2013 SS series is different, Batdorf doesn't know what he is talking about...as usual!
    Richard is a fine designer. Hate much lately?

You won't be able to make any determination of how well Winchester is doing by any responses on AT. We are but a very small percentage of buyers of archery products and Winchester may very well be concentrating on a specific market. We would not know that. And designers come and go........when they go other designers take their place. Not a big deal.

Doug
    but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....Romans 8

Quote Originally Posted by Beentown View Post
    Richard is a fine designer.
    Maybe, but his closet and suitcase are getting about as full as a designer you don't much care for.
    TAZ Archery - Woodstock, IL
    Elite, PSE, Bear
    Easton, Scott/CBE, Vortex

Shoot what you like.....Like what you shoot!!!

Ive talked with a couple of Bowtechs that have had their Quicksilvers Mousetrap on them when not properly tuned. When winchester was contacted about this they had no solution and kind of put the problem to the way side. Have they fixed this problem??

I have shot the QS34 and I did like the feel of the bow and I would purchase one if they managed to fix this problem. Any insight??

I have the Destiny for my gf and overall it is a great bow for the price and suits her for what she does and how often she shoots. However there were a couple of issues or not really issues but improvements that I would make. I spoke with Tim Barber in person at a shoot and he was very interested in my comments I had about the bows. He was pretty serious and said he would mention these comments to his men to try to improve this line. If they will or not we will see!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucci View Post
    Ive talked with a couple of Bowtechs that have had their Quicksilvers Mousetrap on them when not properly tuned. When winchester was contacted about this they had no solution and kind of put the problem to the way side. Have they fixed this problem??

I have shot the QS34 and I did like the feel of the bow and I would purchase one if they managed to fix this problem. Any insight??

I have the Destiny for my gf and overall it is a great bow for the price and suits her for what she does and how often she shoots. However there were a couple of issues or not really issues but improvements that I would make. I spoke with Tim Barber in person at a shoot and he was very interested in my comments I had about the bows. He was pretty serious and said he would mention these comments to his men to try to improve this line. If they will or not we will see!
    Can't address that issue but I did send my QS31 to them because the limb bolts were hard to turn. They replaced the bolts, limb pockets and limbs and sent it back to me at no charge. Not the kind of activity you would expect from a company that is preparing to go out of business.

Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast