Archery Talk Forum banner

2013 Winchester bows

11K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  neck shot 
#1 ·
Have spoke with sales rep this week. To my surprise, they answered phone. They haven't had power in over a week due to hurricane sandy and now the nor Easter is creating more problems. The Winchester quicksilver 34 is going to be their flagship bow with totaling redesigned cams. They say its gonna be faster than the previous 340+. It's also gonna come in a couple of different color variation. Ex. Black/camo. They also filling in the price gap this year with te new Laredo. Also they are releasing something new that they are keeping secret. I asked was it all good, their statement was "oh yes" so guess we have to wait to ATA to find out details. The new SS should be ready to ship in hopefully 3 weeks depending on when they get power to start production and finish testing.

#4 ·
I was really impressed with their line of bows. The fit and finish on them is one of the best. Their entry level bow (destiny/thunderbolt) is extremely nice. Excellent graphics, solid, comes with center shot tool and 2 sets of grip inserts. You can lay it next to many more expensive bows and it looks just as nice.

Wish them well.

#10 ·
Richard said today he was no longer designing for Winchester and they were just selling old stock. Sounds like they are about at the end of the line. Bummer.

#20 ·
Richard is quite ignorant! He was fired from Winchester for copying other inventors designs and saying they were his...what a loser! I wouldn't trust a word that guy has to say! Sounds to me like he is a disgruntled ex-employee! I spoke to some key people, the 2013 SS series is different, Batdorf doesn't know what he is talking about...as usual!

#22 ·
You won't be able to make any determination of how well Winchester is doing by any responses on AT. We are but a very small percentage of buyers of archery products and Winchester may very well be concentrating on a specific market. We would not know that. And designers come and go........when they go other designers take their place. Not a big deal.

Doug

#24 ·
Ive talked with a couple of Bowtechs that have had their Quicksilvers Mousetrap on them when not properly tuned. When winchester was contacted about this they had no solution and kind of put the problem to the way side. Have they fixed this problem??

I have shot the QS34 and I did like the feel of the bow and I would purchase one if they managed to fix this problem. Any insight??

I have the Destiny for my gf and overall it is a great bow for the price and suits her for what she does and how often she shoots. However there were a couple of issues or not really issues but improvements that I would make. I spoke with Tim Barber in person at a shoot and he was very interested in my comments I had about the bows. He was pretty serious and said he would mention these comments to his men to try to improve this line. If they will or not we will see!

#25 ·
Can't address that issue but I did send my QS31 to them because the limb bolts were hard to turn. They replaced the bolts, limb pockets and limbs and sent it back to me at no charge. Not the kind of activity you would expect from a company that is preparing to go out of business.

Doug

#35 ·
I bought a Winchester Thunderbolt for my 7 year old son. I believe it is 31 1/2" Ata, adjusts from 17-28" and 15-60 lbs. and weighs 2.5lbs. It is one of the nicest youth bows I have found. I wish Winchester well, if I remember right, they said Elite would never make it when they lost their designer..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#36 ·
True, but winchester is not in Elite's league. Kevin strother is held in high regards as far as designing cams go, he is the mastermind behind the 2 track. I don't care for the guy to be honest...I always say that if KS would drop his pants the whole KS cult would get on their knees. Sorry, winchester will never be an Elite archery story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.