Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best hunting bow for 2013

Ive got 3 i want to shot for sure. Strothers wrath sho, elite hunter, hoyt spyder. im sure ill fling a few from others as well, but in the end, its the bow that feels right to me.

the best bow out there is the one you shoot the best. other peoples opinions are just that.

I like the specs on the PSE DNA the best.
    2012 Strothers Wrath

Re: Best hunting bow for 2013

I have a Strother Wrath SHO heading my way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    PSE Source TT Smackdown Pro, B-Stinger,GT 55/75 Arrows, HHA OL-5519 Muzzy Trocar Broadheads, JBK Strings

2013 Prime Defy

shoot as many as you can,when it feels right you'll know its the right one.
    I don't want to be the guy in the coffin that people walk up and say he sure wanted go alot of places and do alot of things,when i lay there I want them to say this guy went places and did things he didnt just talk about them

Quote Originally Posted by TheZman View Post
    Nothing impressed me for 2013.. Thats why i went with a 2012 brand new MR6!
    Me also. Love it
    Mathews Monster,DXT, Prestige, Sure-Loc-leathal Weapon,BoDoodle,Carbon Tech,AEP, SCAT,TRu-Ball,G-5 Tekan

I shot a lot of the new pse's when I got my revenge and I'd have to say I've spent about 90 hrs in the stand since I have had it and shot about 50 shots a day on the range. There is not one thing I can think of that would make it any better. I shot 90 yards the other day and i was still grouping in a 6" circle. It's fast, flat, smooth, quiet and very compact. All around great bow to carry to the woods. I've already killed a doe, a spike and a hog with it. It boosted my confidence in my shooting about 1000%!!

Best hunting bow for 2013

OP. blonde, brunette, red head: you decide and let one choose you. Some things in life are exactly the same! 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm a hoyt guy so i'm a little biased, but i'd say the Hoyt Carbon Element G3 is arguably the best compound hunting bow on the market hands down. a little pricey compared to some other bow makers, but you definitely can tell the quality that you're buying

I'm going with last years Vector Turbo.

Im shooting an insanity now and it is, well, insane. Probably going to pick up a spyder turbo also as soon as i get a chance to shoot it.

Sorry can't help you.....no one can they can only pass on their personal preferences. Folks can tell you what they like......but that's it. If there was a "best" bow......we would all have it......but it simply doesn't work like that.

What's the best meal? Best Vehicle? Best soda? It all comes down to personal likes and dislikes and how well the bow fits “you”. Someone else can only tell you what they like…….so by listening to them rather than shooting them yourself……you are simply rolling the dice.
    Bowtech Commander
    (Compound Traditionalist…and inconspicuous Old Timer)
    Bear Super Kodiak

Some great hunting bows this year. Every company is putting out great bows. Here's my pics.....

Elite Answer
    Prime Defy
    Elite Hunter
    PSE DNA
    Last edited by string music; November 20th, 2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Mis-spell
    Bowtech Destroyer 350 & 340
    Bowtech Experience
    Isaiah 41:10

When someone says best I automatically think "most technologically advanced bow" and the only one that comes to mind is the PSE DNA.

The Spyder 34 Turbo/Carbons are perhaps a more forgiving bow, albeit a little bit slower but we kill deer with 200fps bows so speed isn't a huge concern.

The draw cycle is going to be a little bit tougher on the DNA but that is where the extra speed comes from. Both of the bows will be dead in your hand and are 100X more than what you would ever need to kill a deer...I am hoping that Hoyt will come out with some better advancements next year to really make things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bawls View Post
    The spyders that I shot were a little rough and loud with plenty of vibe. The Crx was a way better bow in my opinion.
    Im glad I am not the only one who felt that way about the Spyder after shooting it.

by means of comparing 2013 bows to previous years. I think the Bear Motive 6, 7, and Empre are bigger leaps than ahybody else for 2013 so far. Not sure what Bowtech will come out with but so far I think Bear has better improvements than ahyone else has for 2013. None of these bows I see are any real advantage over last years, or from 2 years ago.
    The Motive 6 and 7 look to be smooth shooting bows with great speeds. so far they stay true to their ibo speeds. I want 2 shoot a Motive 6 and compare it to my Monster 6.7
    Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#

There was nothing that impressed me for 2013 i was actually disappointed in everyones lineup so i will be sticking witg my current setup a 2010 hoyt maxxis 31 tuned and shooting 332 ibo i will be building a hoyt alphaburner witg an rkt cam swap should be a great build supposed to shoot over 360 ibo

i would say either 2013 elite hunter or 2013 Darton Ds3800(man it looks sick in black)
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

Pse Revenge for me...Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

its all personal preference but go out and shoot the elite answer and hunter if it is strictly for hunting you will fall in love with that high letoff.. i shot one and i have now sold my mathews and ordered a elite answer 18 days ago.
    2013 elite answer snow camo #65 28" draw, custom black gold ascent, tourquless grip, limb driver pro v rest, specialty archery featherlight 8", g5 head loc quiver, easton bloodline 400 arrows, nap kill zones, grave digger broadheads, 361 grain arrow going 300 fps with 72 ft lbs of ke....... and loving every minute of it!!!

Prime impact for me!If your looking shorter ata then the defy.Give these bows a try I'm telling you!

2013 Hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carbon element g3
    2013 carbon element G3 #71 29"
    easton fmj 525 gr , rage chisel tip 125
    261 fps- momentum-.607 KE-79.33

So far this pse DNA is sweet. Definitely a contender.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast