a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Darton Fireforce

Darton Fireforce

Who here has shot one and what are the positives/negatives in your opinion? Also, whats the significance of the "dual-sync" cams? Do they eliminate cam timing issues?

those are big exspensive bows. ask me next year I'm all spent out this year! it's on my list!

Going to try to shoot some dartons today....will let yall know how they perform.

I've had one for 3 months its a high quality crossbow, well made and a very solid feel. It shoots tight groups and is not as loud as I thought it would be. Its a great piece you can't go wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb22 View Post
    I've had one for 3 months its a high quality crossbow, well made and a very solid feel. It shoots tight groups and is not as loud as I thought it would be. Its a great piece you can't go wrong with it.

I had a Carbon Express 850. it sure looked like a Darton. it was a real nice bow. let my buddies kid talk me out of it. It sure shot hard, knocked the target over when you shot the upper bullseye dots at 20 yards.

that fireforce has to be a monster! Darton does'nt push sales hard. so there are only a small % of users out there. There are videos on you tube of the fireforce though.

If Scorpyd didn't exist, I believe, I would own a Darton Fireforce !
    Bowman Accu-Riser I and II...Greatest built American bows of all time
    Hamskea Versa Rest, Hogg Father sight, Paridigm stabilizer.
    Scorpyd Crossbows... nothing else compares
    Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 binoculars...simply superb

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    Im starting to think that Darton crossbows dont exist. Wish the big box stores would carry the elusive darton, that way I could try one out.

I thought i seen one an my local bass pro. Maybe it was a carbon express that looked like a darton. I thought moon did a review on a darton crossbow in crossbow magazine. i may be wrong.... about everything.
    Mission MXB-320 - Hawke 3x32 - Spitfire Edge
    Scorpyd Vent 125 - Hawke XB30 Compact - Executioners

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Baker View Post
    I thought i seen one an my local bass pro. Maybe it was a carbon express that looked like a darton. I thought moon did a review on a darton crossbow in crossbow magazine. i may be wrong.... about everything.
    lol....no your eyes werent lying to ya completely; that CX xbow was bout half darton. lol (Darton makes some of the parts for CX and the rest they get from Taiwan). Moon did do a review on a serpent, but I gotta shoot it before I buy it, especially for how much coin I'll be dropping on it. Unlike some of the people on this forum,to me $1000 isnt exactly the equivalent of dropping a french fry out the window.

they roll out the 2013 crossbows at the ata show in janurary. i'd wait until you see the latest and greatest before dropping any coin.

They dont even have a Serpent for 2013, they replaced it with the Viper SS and Viper SS Extreme, which is what the Mission MXB 360 is. The top of the line bows use the crossbolt safety, which is the worst in the business, IMO. It is an accident waiting to happen. I watched one tech at a bow shop reach through the string path to set the safety after cocking the bow. Made me cringe.

The 2013 Fireforce has the same specs as the 2012 Fireforce as far as I can tell. I shot the 2012 Fireforce, Serpent II, Serpent.
    Positives: Made in Michigan
    Negatives: Cross bolt safety, recoil, width on Firefoce.

No, the dual-sync cams or any other cam eliminates timing issues.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    Agreed ...
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Darton has an eye opening new line for 2013 already on there website.........

i have yet to here anything about limbs breaking or strings coming apart on the Fireforce......? and it is a 400 fps bow. So some one must know how to make a goods set of limbs.
    The dealer here says that he feels the fire force is the best speed bow out rite now. When asked about the Ventilator he said...its nice too. I was expecting more of a rant.
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Ventilator150 View Post
    They dont even have a Serpent for 2013, they replaced it with the Viper SS and Viper SS Extreme, which is what the Mission MXB 360 is. The top of the line bows use the crossbolt safety, which is the worst in the business, IMO. It is an accident waiting to happen. I watched one tech at a bow shop reach through the string path to set the safety after cocking the bow. Made me cringe.

The 2013 Fireforce has the same specs as the 2012 Fireforce as far as I can tell. I shot the 2012 Fireforce, Serpent II, Serpent.
    Positives: Made in Michigan
    Negatives: Cross bolt safety, recoil, width on Firefoce.

No, the dual-sync cams or any other cam eliminates timing issues.
    They still make the Serpent just not the Serpent LTD II, Don't understand why you would say that thier safety is the worst in the industry. I don't own any guns that set the safety automaticly when you load them.
    It is one of the hardest hitting, most accurate bows we've sold. Its also quieter than alot of other compny's bows that are much slower. There is some recoil but look at what you're shooting.
    JMO
    Good Luck
    RIVERSIDE ARCHERY & RANGE
    SUMAVA RESORTS, IN
    Host of the 3RD leg of the RIO TRIPLE CROWN
    360 ROUND - CASH PAYOUT
    Feb. 20, & 21 2015

So the safety isn't automatically engaged by cocking the bow, but it has an adf so it cant be dry fired?? is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by copperjohn View Post
    So the safety isn't automatically engaged by cocking the bow, but it has an adf so it cant be dry fired?? is that correct?
    Correct but you do have to manually engage the safety. As I said its the same as any gun.
    If dry fired the string would jump forward to the adf.
    Good Luck
    RIVERSIDE ARCHERY & RANGE
    SUMAVA RESORTS, IN
    Host of the 3RD leg of the RIO TRIPLE CROWN
    360 ROUND - CASH PAYOUT
    Feb. 20, & 21 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bukfever2 View Post
    They still make the Serpent just not the Serpent LTD II, Don't understand why you would say that thier safety is the worst in the industry. I don't own any guns that set the safety automaticly when you load them.
    It is one of the hardest hitting, most accurate bows we've sold. Its also quieter than alot of other compny's bows that are much slower. There is some recoil but look at what you're shooting.
    JMO
    Good Luck
    My apologies, yes the Serpent is not the Serpent LTD II that was replaced by the Viper SS Extreme for 2013.

The Safety works as far as I know, I didn't test it. The location of the safety is the worst in the business, IMO. You cannot reach it without removing your hand from the pistol grip, and it is very loud. You cannot control the movement of the safety to make it quiet without using both hands, with a finger or thumb on both sides. The forend prevents you from being able to control it with your thumb and forefinger on the same hand, like you can on a shotgun. It is a two handed affair, to be able to control it, UNLESS you reach through the string path over the top of the rail. That is why I say it is, an accident waiting to happen, not because of the integrity of the safety function itself.

I also do not like the new bassacwards arrow retention spring arm. It is the same one that is used on the Mission MXB 360, and does not provide enough down force, IMO. The Fireforce and Vipers also have the new ADF like the Mission MXB 360, if you look at the latch box closely, you will see what I mean.

Im sorry, I like Darton Verticals and even made parts for them, but I am not a fan of the crossbolt safety on the top end (Fireforce, Serpent LTD II, Viper SS Extreme, Viper SS) crossbows. I also don't care for the Safety on the Serpent and Terminator on the rear of the latch box, but will take that location over the other every time. The latter is also an auto-safety for those that wish to have one.

I guess I have been spoiled with my Scorpyds, but I would chooose the Scorpyd style safety every time over the Fireforce, for several reasons. That is not to say that the Fireforce is not one of the the top end bows, because it is, it's just that the crossbolt safety is a complete DEAL BREAKER for me on Darton and Mission bows. Put the safety on the sides of the latch box, completely out of the string path. Can be reached from either side (ambidextrous), without much hand movement, and can be quietly controlled with thumb and forefinger.

It has nothing to do with an auto-safety. As soon as my crossbows are cocked, I immediately move the safety selector into the safe position, BEFORE removing the cocking aid or moving the crossbow from it's location. With the crossbolt safety, it is too tempting for people to reach into the strings path from above the bow, and is much more cumbersome to reach from the standing position. Just something that is a DEAL BREAKER, for ME! They can do better.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

I have the Mission Crossbow. The safety is set from below (not placing your hand in the path if the string) and can be done with your hand still on the grip. It's true that its not the most silent safety out there but it's positive, just like on a firearm. If you want to hear loud, you should hear the safety on my Benelli SBE.

Spring retention has been changed/improved on the latest Dartons..

Vince,

I understand the safety is to be set from below, but I watched a tech at a bow shop (someone who should know better) reach right in from the top to set the safety. If you can reach the safety with your hand on the pistol grip, you are either ET, a Proctologist, or 7' tall. I'd like to see a picture of that.

todaupah,

Yep, the spring retention has been changed, but improved is yet to be decided. It is the same on the Mission, since they use the Darton parts.

These two items are not Rex's best work, IMO. I know he can do MUCH better, and has several times in the past.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member