Thread: What do you aim with?

What do you aim with?

I have some sight problems, most of us do. When I hunt I use contacts. I am far sighted and even large fiber optic pins look like blurs to me without corrective vision and the peep sight effect. When target shooting with a scope, I have to either use a scope and clarifier with glasses or contacts; or no glasses or contact and no clarifier, I can see reasonable well through the scope alone.

I prefer not to use glasses or clarifiers for the obvious precipitation problems. This however, means that I can not see a fiber optic pin, small dot or thin rings very well. I therefore, us a larger dot stuck to the scope about 1/8" in dia., even though this would appear larger to me than some one with normal vision. I have been using a 5X lens but have recently changed to a 3X and am basically covering the area of the 10 ring with the dot. I would prefer to use a black dot, hate a green dot and like an orange dot for 3D shooting.

What is you basic setup?
    Little Jon Archery Products
    Bowstring Jig and Serving Winders
    BCY String Material distributor, Bowstring making and tuning Phone Orders 800-437-9145

Sorry my eyes aren't that bad......YET. They are getting worse though.

I use a 4X with a clarifier and a red fiber.
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

I use a 0.5 diopter lens located 29.5” from a 1/32 diameter peep that is 1.9” from my eye at full draw. I do not use a clarifier nor do I need one… I do use a 0.019 diameter red fiber in a blade style down pin, and I flare the fiber to 0.040 diameter.

My eyesight is not what it used to be, and for reading I use a corrective lens, but I prefer to shoot without their use. I concentrate on the target and allow the pint to float in the center. The target is in focus and the pin is blurry.