a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants Justin Tuck shoots a 95lbs bow - blows through Cape Buffalo

NY Giants Justin Tuck shoots a 95lbs bow - blows through Cape Buffalo

Was reading a recent Outdoor Life article on Justin Tuck, a defensive end for the NY Giants. He said he's hunted his whole life but really got seriously into bowhunting in college. I thought it was rare that he's an African-American and so is his wife and they are both big time bow hunters, even hunting in Africa on safari.

He said: "I love Matthews bows and Hoyt Bows, and I couldn't decide which one I shoot better, so I use them both. I draw 70 pounds. I could easily pull more, but there's usually no reason to. I did shoot a cape buffalo with a draw weight of 95 pounds. The arrow went right through him."

I just thought it was a pretty cool read and was impressed with his cape buffalo story. He's also capable of pulling a lot of weight but smart enough to know it's unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by hedp View Post
    Was reading a recent Outdoor Life article on Justin Tuck, a defensive end for the NY Giants. He said he's hunted his whole life but really got seriously into bowhunting in college. I thought it was rare that he's an African-American and so is his wife and they are both big time bow hunters, even hunting in Africa on safari.

He said: "I love Matthews bows and Hoyt Bows, and I couldn't decide which one I shoot better, so I use them both. I draw 70 pounds. I could easily pull more, but there's usually no reason to. I did shoot a cape buffalo with a draw weight of 95 pounds. The arrow went right through him."

I just thought it was a pretty cool read and was impressed with his cape buffalo story. He's also capable of pulling a lot of weight but smart enough to know it's unnecessary.
    I watched him shoot Javies on Bowhunter TV earlier this year and actually watched him shoot a color phase bear this morning on Live the Wild Life. He is a cool dude for sure. He was sitting in a treestand and I am not joking....it looked like Andre the Giant sitting on a little kids training potty. The guy is huge. I really like him.

i pulled 106 lb bow back once... glad i don't have to do that everytime i draw
    Mathews Switchback 29.5"/70#
    100gr. Wasp Jak-Hammer SSTs
    Spot Hogg, Hogg it sight
    WB

I knew I alwasy like that guy...and I'm a Cowboys fan.

I seen him on another show also but I can't remember which one.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    Element black out-GT Pro Hunter-MBG Ascent-Hamskea-Fuse Carbon Blade
    Factor 34-MBG Ascent-Hamskea-B-Stinger-GT

Quote Originally Posted by -bowfreak- View Post
    i watched him shoot javies on bowhunter tv earlier this year and actually watched him shoot a color phase bear this morning on live the wild life. He is a cool dude for sure. He was sitting in a treestand and i am not joking....it looked like andre the giant sitting on a little kids training potty. The guy is huge. I really like him.
    lol

Trent Cole the Eagles defensive end is also an avid bowhunter. and I saw brad miller who played center in the NBA on a hunting show one time hunting bears in canada. That dude is 7'0'' tall! I can't imagine what his draw length is...
    >>-------- Popodickon Bowmen --------->
    Bringing Archers together every 3rd Sunday of the Month
    https://www.facebook.com/PopodickonBowmen
    "Sometimes the Journey is what makes the Destination worth while."

Karl Malone too.

Quote Originally Posted by zmelcher123 View Post
    That dude is 7'0'' tall! I can't imagine what his draw length is...
    Probably uses an off the shelf 32" draw length bow......with a 10" long D-loop.

2013 Elite Answer Snow Camo /QAD HD / HHA DS-5519/ Stan Quattro
    70# DW / 30" DL
    GoldTip 7595 XT Hunters / Ramcats 125gr

Trent Cole and Bo Jackson are also pretty big bow hunters. Wish they would use their status to promote the sport a little more.
    Max-1 Elite Answer
    QAD HDX
    HHA 5519
    Stokerized
    60X

I talked to Scottie Pippen at the ata trade show a few years ago and he's big into bow hunting.
    -Hoyt Alpha Elite, Sure Loc Sight and Rest, Vendetta Grudge Stabilizer

-Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Axcel Armortech HD, QAD HDX, Vendetta Enforcer

Bleed Blue and Silver here also. I respect the fact that he bowhuts but still can't stand the Gaints.
    "Religion: Some people go to church and think about hunting..... Others go hunting and think about God"

Eliza Duzku(sp) is a bow hunter also. I never would have dreamed that, maybe some other things, but not that.
    Chris
    07 Diamond Black Ice
    Vapor Trails Strings
    Apex Nitrus Sight with Carbon Express Maxima Hunter tipped with a Slick Trick Mag
    Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest

What would be more impressive is to see Tuck take down a cape buffalo without a bow...
    BOWTECH ADMIRAL FLX, LH 61#
    HHA XL5510, Limbdriver Pro, Treelimb Quiver
    435 gr footed FMJ arrows, Blazers, Slicktrick Magnums
    TEAM 36 Bachelor Group

Tuck had a write over the summer I think in Bowhunter Magazine...thought it was cool to see he bow hunts. The bow hunting community is larger than we think!

it sure would be nice to have Justin around to drag a deer out of the woods.
    He probably wouldn't even break a sweat!
    OK Archery 40, 36, and Smoke
    G5 Prime Defy

Quote Originally Posted by locusthill1831 View Post
    it sure would be nice to have Justin around to drag a deer out of the woods.
    He probably wouldn't even break a sweat!
    He could carry your deer on one shoulder and tote you out on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by zmelcher123 View Post
    Trent Cole the Eagles defensive end is also an avid bowhunter. and I saw brad miller who played center in the NBA on a hunting show one time hunting bears in canada. That dude is 7'0'' tall! I can't imagine what his draw length is...
    Brand miller actually had his own hunting show for a few seasons. I don't remember the name tho.
    my bow: pse XF HF6: 70#@28.5" axis D6 27" 420@301, 5 pin ascent, d6 killzones, dx3's
    Daughters bow: wisper creek phantom: sons bow: darton ranger2:
    Fiancé bow: parker frontier 2+: 50#@26" sh7dp, rip cord,TF hotstage, hta ht2, muzzy 3 blade
    Trad. Bow: 1966 bear kodiak #65 :backup: truth 1 ascent 5pin:

Jared Allen for the Minnesota Vikings has all these guys beat! He threw a freakin spear at an elk from a tree! He also killed wild buffalo with his stick and string.
    http://www.jaredallen69inc.com/rp/videos.html?id=87
    Last edited by Deadmoney0402; November 28th, 2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Add video
    "Religion: Some people go to church and think about hunting..... Others go hunting and think about God"

He's also capable of pulling a lot of weight but smart enough to know it's unnecessary.
    Good call. Heavy draw weight is for morons
    Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

http://youtu.be/SB0V1F7-DOw

Recently saw this on ESPN. Seems like a good down home guy with solid values. Bowhunter to boot.

Like him even more now
    Pick a spot

Hope he has a great hunt monday night
    Pick a spot

Quote Originally Posted by whack&stack View Post
    Good call. Heavy draw weight is for morons
    I heard pulling more than 70# makes you a terrorist.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

Joella Bates is a caucasian woman, and she can draw a 90 pound Athens. Just sayin.
    Archerytalk=talking about archery. Is that so hard to understand?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast