Thread: squirrel recipies

squirrel recipies

for those out there that hunt small game (especially squirrels) got any good recipies for them?

or know where to find some good recipes for little critters

thanks, Eric
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

Like to soak them in salt water few hours if I can, really cleans em up. Roll in flour seasoned with what ever you like,salt, pepper, cavendars, maybe a little cajun. Fry in cast iron skillet, then make gravy. Better than deer to me. Works best with young squirrels. If you got old ones make dumplings just like chicken.

so just deep fry em essentially with some yams and gravy on the side? sounds good to me.
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

Young squirrels can be fried ( as stated above) . Older critters are best cut up and cooked in a crook pot for several hours. Add Cream of Mushroom and water and eat right off the bone or cook in water and onions, remove meat from bones and add BBQ sauce.

Cut them up and brown them in a cast iron pot. Once browned, throw in 2 cut up onions, 1 bell pepper, and a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic. Add salt/pepper/cajun seasoning as desired. Cover with water and bring to boil. Turn heat down and cook 3-4 hours or longer to get tender if needed. Add water as needed. Serve over rice. We do a huge pot for opening weekend every year, usually over an open fire.

awesome keep em coming guys.
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

skin, marinade, grill. then remove from the grill. next, throw a new york strip on for 4.5 minutes each side. throw squirrel in garbage and eat the new york strip.

it's delicious!!
    100% certified Beak Freak...

not squirrel but rabbit at camp couple weeks ago. quick brown in hot oil and a slow over 3 hour simmer in a brown -onion gravy. best tame rabbit ever had

Cut squirrel into small cubes. In a pan put potatoes, carrots, onions, beef broth, cubed beef, celery and seasoning. Throw squirrel out the back door and enjoy your stew......
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

Smothered squirrel: this is an old Cajun dish and the best way to cook less desirable parts of venison, squirrel or rabbit. I still eat it this way today even though I migrated and settled in Wisconsin!! They got bigger deer here!

Quarter up your squirrel and dredge in flour, brown off both sides in a black iron pot.
    Remove squirrel from pot and set aside
    Add sliced onion, bell pepper and mushrooms, diced celery and minced garlic , salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning (I use Tony Cacheries)
    Lower heat and cook until onions are transparent
    Add squirrel back to pot and cook on low to medium low heat for 2 hours gently stirring a few times until squirrel is tender and seasonings form a thick gravy!
    Serve over rice.
    Don't get no better!! Below is a picture of what it looks like but done with venison neck roast! Enjoy!!!
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Proudly KILLING whitetail deer...trail camera free, without scent containment clothing and with the use of mechanical broad heads since 1993!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/buckchasers?ref=hl
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    I'm going to Africa this year, and I want to kill one. Just because I can, and I get off on killing things.

This is the best place i have found. http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html

Search the Wild Game Cooking forum on here.
    Archerytalk=talking about archery. Is that so hard to understand?

squirrel recipies

Skin, clean and quarter the squirrel or rabbit. Soak it in salt water for a couple hours. Next remove the meat from the bones. Dip the meat in egg an dust it in flour. Salt and pepper it and fry it in olive oil. Put over egg noodles or mashed potatoes with chicken gravy. Pretty good eats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Lethal Injection Archery

oh man...looking good making me hungry...i'm digging the cajun recipie
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggersetta901 View Post
    skin, marinade, grill. then remove from the grill. next, throw a new york strip on for 4.5 minutes each side. throw squirrel in garbage and eat the new york strip.

it's delicious!!
    thats great
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery