Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenpoint question.

Tenpoint question.

I bought a new turbo xlt II back in October,I loveit.Well the other day I noticed that the serial # tag was missing. Well I called tenpoint about it and they said I have to ship it to them at my expense to get a new serial # along with the receipt. Well I threw the receipt away because I have never needed a receipt for tenpoint's warranty work. I don't feel I should have to spend my money to ship it back to them. I did not make the serial # tag fall off of the bow it must not have been stuck on very well. I could email pictures of the bow to them and they could just send me a new serial #.I sure hope that I don't lose the warranty on a bow that I just paid $950 for because thier serial # fell off of it and I threw the receipt away. Am I expecting to much from tenpoint?

Katherine.

Tenpoint question.

The serial number is on the box if you still have the original Box
    2014 Black elite energy 32 #73 28.5 draw

Threw the darn box away. I've never had to send any of my tenpoints back.
    Katherine.

For what you paid you would think you would get something more than a sticker. How hunt worth is a damn sticker?

Jeffhunt,
    I understand this may be a hassle for you, but the proceedure is set for several reasons. One is it helps keep stolen bows from becoming an issue. It verifies the bow is what it is actually registered as. Photos don't work because we can't know for certain the pictures are the bow that the serial number will end up on. Had the warranty card been turned in as requested, we could tell you what the serial number is. Again, we understand it is a hassle, but it is the policy in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    Jeffhunt,
    I understand this may be a hassle for you, but the proceedure is set for several reasons. One is it helps keep stolen bows from becoming an issue. It verifies the bow is what it is actually registered as. Photos don't work because we can't know for certain the pictures are the bow that the serial number will end up on. Had the warranty card been turned in as requested, we could tell you what the serial number is. Again, we understand it is a hassle, but it is the policy in place.
    Can I send it back without the receipt and do I have to pay shipping? I don't like the idea of paying atleast $20 to ship it and being without it for a week or so just because of a sticker.
    Katherine.

Also when you issue the serial # won't it be in your system as belonging to a turbo xlt II?
    Katherine.

did u buy the bow at a box store?

Quote Originally Posted by followthrough View Post
    did u buy the bow at a box store?
    I paid cash for it at bass pro shops.
    Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffhunt View Post
    Can I send it back without the receipt and do I have to pay shipping? I don't like the idea of paying atleast $20 to ship it and being without it for a week or so just because of a sticker.
    It needs to come back with the receipt and yes, the shipping is on you. Sorry.

might be a good idea to etch them onto the rail maybe ? like the SZ series?
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Quote Originally Posted by randyxx75 View Post
    might be a good idea to etch them onto the rail maybe ? like the SZ series?
    I agree. Filling in the warranty card when you get it solves the problem as well.

I agree. Filling in the warranty card when you get it solves the problem as well.
    that too !...
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

You might check with bass pro it might be on there computers. And could give you a new receipt. If you can get the new receipt. I wouldn't send it back for a sticker. Hold on to the receipt and if the bow breaks send it back then.

Randy,

The newer SZ bows do not have the same serial numbers as your bows. They are a small oval sticker or plate on the other side (right) of the latch box. Pretty sure they are just numbers, instead of month and year also, IIRC. Been a couple months since I looked at one that close.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

It needs to come back with the receipt and yes, the shipping is on you. Sorry.
    That sucks. I'm glad my new Camx Chaos serial number is laser
    etched along the stock and on
    the bottom of the bow riser.
    Katherine.

Tenpoint should make sure that they include a warranty card with every new crossbow they sell. I did not receive one!
    Katherine.

Jeff, I am not taking sides here but both my TP bows came with a warrenty card in the box and i keep every box of every gun or xbow for that matter as it usually adds value to them in case you decide to sell later on. I don't have a dog in this fight but yes if you have to ship anything to any manufacturer, its on you and not them. That includes guns, bows and crosssbows. I just had to send a brand new Smith and Wesson 640 Pro Series back due to manufacturing screw ups. Now S&W did pay for the FedEx 2nd air but I am still w/o the 640 for a few weeks. It happens.

Maybe bass pro shops misplaced the warranty card. The bow I bought was already assembled so it could have fallen out of the box.
    Katherine.

Well tenpoint sent me an email with the rma# and also wrote this :" When sending the bow in we
    recommend you insure the bow for the
    total cost of the bow. There will be a
    30.00 fee for sending the bow back to
    you after we receive the bow to cover
    the shipping back to you. If you would
    like to give a credit card number over
    the phone we can do that or you can
    send in a cashiers check or money
    order with the bow. Please let me
    know when you send the bow and
    email me the tracking number so I can
    see that the bow is handled correctly
    as soon as it comes in. Thank you." SO I HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP IT TO THEM AND PAY FOR THEM TO SHIP IT BACK TO ME ! That is ridiculous. It is their sticker that fell off, it's not my fault ! I'm glad I just ordered a new camx chaos. Tenpoint just lost a customer. I'm putting the turbo xlt II up for sale. I am going to have to pay over $50 for shipping just for them to put a 20 cent sticker on it. There is no reason they can't mail me a sticker. Oh well.
    Katherine.

Jeffhunt,

Sorry your in this situation, but it looks like it was self inflicted to me? Some of this information is in another thread and forum altogether. Just so others only reading here, don't think I am mind reading or specualting.

You threw out your box, and threw away your receipt?

You did not register your bow with Ten Point as they request?

Sure the serial number should not just come off by itself, but if you have owned several other new Ten points in the last few years, you should have known the possibility of it happening. Maybe some clear packing tape over it would keep in in place?

You have to look at it from Ten Points perspective, and these are purely hypothetical examples, not an accusation. Just wanted to make that clear!

Example 1:
    What if your bow was stolen from a bow shop? They removed the serial # so it could not be identified as stolen? They threw away the box, or removed the serial # from it? There would be no receipt in this situation.

Example 2:
    What if your bow had another owner, previous to you? If he registered it in his name, It could not be registered in your name as well. AFAIK, Ten Point warranties the bow to the original owner, and it is not a tranferable warranty? The serial # just happened to come up missing in this situation.

Ten Point has to protect themselves in this situation, IMO. You did not register the bow, threw away the box, threw away your receipt, and as poorly as the serial # was affixed to the bow, you still lost it. May not be your fault the sticker fell off, but the other 3 things are not Ten points fault either.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to stand in Ten Points corner on this one. They said they would replace the serial # for future warranty work, had you done one of 3 things. Registered the bow, had the serial # off the box, had your receipt. Sorry you would have to pay shipping both ways, but they could just wash their hands clean of this whole thing, IMO.

Some times lessons learned do not come free, the ones you have to pay for will likely not be repeated. Man up, and take responsibility for the things that were your fault. Hopefully others will learn to register their warranty card, keep their receipt, and NEVER throw a crossbow box away!

Just my 2 cents!

Does Ten Point have a online warranty registration? You probably could have done it that way, had you had the box w/serial # or receipt. I try to buy these types of items with a credit card. That way I have buyer protection, a couple receipts, money back and/or points for my purchase, and a paper trail (bill) should it ever be needed. I am pretty sure you could get a copy of the receipt from Bass Pro, had you used a CC with a authorization # on a bill?

Good luck to you, and I hope you and Ten Point can get it all worked out.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Tenpoint question.

Yes TenPoint does have an online registration!
    2014 Black elite energy 32 #73 28.5 draw

What's done is done but I don't think it should cost me over $50 for shipping for them to apply a sticker. I'm sure I can do it myself. Anyone want to buy a like new turbo xlt II with acudraw 50? It's in the classifieds.
    Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffhunt View Post
    Tenpoint should make sure that they include a warranty card with every new crossbow they sell. I did not receive one!
    Jeff,
    They are included in your owners manual pack where the manual and main assembly bolt are. We also have an on line warranty registration page.

I got a call once from TenPoint asking about a bow I had sold that a customer was trying to register. Seems the serial number was part of a pile that got stolen from a container bound for overseas. The person bought it off Ebay from a private individual and in the dealer section stuck my name. Needless to say I had nothing to do with this sale (did not even know the guy) and TenPoint reported it to the cops and had the bow retrieved as stolen property. You bought a demo bow from a big box store with parts missing....seems the people you need to be upset at is the place you bought it, not TenPoint for covering their tail.
    Wyvern

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast