a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious PSE DNA tuning problems

Serious PSE DNA tuning problems

So I just got my new DNA last week that was sent to cover a warranty issue on my 2012 evo that I am ashamed to even talk about being a PSE lover...
    So I went to an Indoor range today and was going to paper tune and just got to talking to another shooter which happened to be very up to par with tuning... so we removed my sight and hooked up a alignment laser... its it was all frowns from there... the laser ran perfectly up and down the string and both tracks on the top and bottom cams.... however. it was about a 1/4 inch to the the right of the tuning mark on the shelf... infact when we moved the rest to allign the arrow with the laser itwas so far to the right it was only about a 1/4 from the riser so obviously the vanes were going to hit the riser... so we started looking and we beleive the cams are not properly spaced.... does this sounds about right to you guys... ?

I can not help , but i did see one of the PSE field reps that were on here a few days ago. Best bet is go back to your local and start there . Sure hope you can get an answer .
    PSE Bowmadness 3G skullworks Lefty 2012
    Elite Hunter 2013 - My new toy
    Bowtech Ross 2010 Carnivore 34 70 lb.
    Vortex Optics -
    Tru-Fire releases

Besides confirming./correcting the cam spacer position, you might want to make sure that the limbs are assembled in the correct sequence. Good luck.

Make sure limbs and spacers are installed properly since all the others on here have no problems so far. Just a error, its always gonna happen even to the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

It is possible that the spacers are wrong. The best thing to do would be to call PSE tomorrow and ask how they should go. I would tell you but my DNA is at a shop until tomorrow when I pick it back up. JB

Yeah I'd call and get some input from them. If that doesn't work ill work a trade out for it with you! Good luck, keep us updated.

Alignment lasers are a crock IMO. Did you shoot the bow through paper?

Set the rest with the arrow running through the alignment marks in the riser and shoot it through paper. If it tears tail left add two twists to the left yoke. That should bring it closer to a bullet hole. If its off just a tad you can move the rest left and right to get it there. After that I suggest walk back tuning. The paper will get it close then walkback tune to fine tune center shot.

Satilla River Outdoors
    Bear, Bowtech, Elite, Hoyt, Obsession, and PSE Bows
    ThreadZ Custom Bowstrings

Shoot ontarget7 a p.m. Or maybe he'll chime in. He'll know right quick if it's not assembled correctly.
    PSE DNA
    Trophy ridge react
    Qad hdx
    Black eagle carnivores
    Slick tricks

ok guys thanks for all the replys....I will be calling PSE tom morning.... if i run the arrow with the alignment marks it is GROSSLY point left... BIG TIME I will shoot ontarget7 a pm as well

I'm sorry to be straight forward in this but lasers are a waste of time and the first red flag I would have on his tuning abilities.

Here is a very good starting point for tuning the DNA. Nocking point is center of berger hole set to dead level and centershot roughly to start 13/16 off riser to center of shaft. Pre lean will need to be adjusted for optimal performance IMO and this will be accomplished by adding twist to the left side of the yoke for a right handed shooter. You can lay a shaft on the left side of the cam and it will completely cross your string at nocking point about 3/8". When you add twist to the left side you will take out the same amount from the right side so your cam synch will not be thrown out of whack. Make sure you start with the proper spine selection before you start. This will put you very close with bareshafts and fletched arrows. You still might have to do some fine tuning from there depending on your draw length and specs but this will put you close if not on the money.

Please PM me if anybody has any issues, I will be more than glad to help you out. Would hate to see false info being passed around because the bow does tune very well.
    Last edited by ontarget7; December 2nd, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
    >>-----------> OT7 CUSTOM BOW TUNING <-----------<<
    GIVING YOU TRUE ARROW FLIGHT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    www.facebook.com/OnTarget7Shane
    970-301-0706

Quote Originally Posted by johncraddock445 View Post
    ok guys thanks for all the replys....I will be calling PSE tom morning.... if i run the arrow with the alignment marks it is GROSSLY point left... BIG TIME I will shoot ontarget7 a pm as well

For what its worth, both of my pse's had HORRENDOUS left tears in paper when pulled them out of the box. So bad I thought something was real wrong with the bow.

A small amount of yoke tuning seems to make a huge difference in those tears. Start with the two twists as mentioned above. Then you can take a twist or two out of the other side and just balance it out from there. A few twists and. You should be good to go.

Seems to be a common problem. Maybe PSE should look into this stuff before they send the bows out.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

Quote Originally Posted by Q2DEATH View Post
    For what its worth, both of my pse's had HORRENDOUS left tears in paper when pulled them out of the box. So bad I thought something was real wrong with the bow.

A small amount of yoke tuning seems to make a huge difference in those tears. Start with the two twists as mentioned above. Then you can take a twist or two out of the other side and just balance it out from there. A few twists and. You should be good to go.

Seems to be a common problem. Maybe PSE should look into this stuff before they send the bows out.
    Its not really a problem but they can be tuned for better performance and the reason I am giving this info. No difference than any other bow on the market IMO
    970-301-0706

not trying to start an internet flame war, just pointing out an observation. But you've now started multiple threads regarding PSE tuning problems. Whomever you have touching your PSE bows is doing something very wrong in regards to tuning.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1867665
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1866086
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1846537

Seek the guidance of Breathn, ontarget7, or Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by slinginz7 View Post
    alignment lasers are a crock imo. Did you shoot the bow through paper?
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    i'm sorry to be straight forward in this but lasers are a waste of time and the first red flag i would have on his tuning abilities.
    x1000.

I'm sorry to be straight forward in this but lasers are a waste of time and the first red flag I would have on his tuning abilities.

Here is a very good starting point for tuning the DNA. Nocking point is center of berger hole set to dead level and centershot roughly to start 13/16 off riser to center of shaft. Pre lean will need to be adjusted for optimal performance IMO and this will be accomplished by adding twist to the left side of the yoke for a right handed shooter. You can lay a shaft on the left side of the cam and it will completely cross your string at nocking point about 3/8". When you add twist to the left side you will take out the same amount from the right side so your cam synch will not be thrown out of whack. Make sure you start with the proper spine selection before you start. This will put you very close with bareshafts and fletched arrows. You still might have to do some fine tuning from there depending on your draw length and specs but this will put you close if not on the money.

Please PM me if anybody has any issues, I will be more than glad to help you out. Would hate to see false info being passed around because the bow does tune very well.
    I should add 13/16 to 3/4 it will usually fall in those parameters for centershot. The rest of the adjustment will be in the Yoke when fine tuning
    970-301-0706

Lasers are a waste of time. And I dount buddie tunning your bow trully knows what hes talking about.
    PSE Canadian Pro Staff
    Doinker hunt staff
    Archers Paradise Staff shooter
    Black Eagle arrows Pro staff
    Magnus Pro staff

Yikes...and I thought AT was a place to come and gain knowledge and a place that others archers could help each other out... It seems as there is always someone getting upset thinking you are bashing a company for asking about tuning issue's... and yes I couldnt agree more... I have had a very hard time finding someone knowledgable enough to properly tune a bow around here... pro shops are few and far between around here. This being the reason for myself posting multiple threads on tuning issue's

Yikes...and I thought AT was a place to come and gain knowledge and a place that others archers could help each other out... It seems as there is always someone getting upset thinking you are bashing a company for asking about tuning issue's... and yes I couldnt agree more... I have had a very hard time finding someone knowledgable enough to properly tune a bow around here... pro shops are few and far between around here. This being the reason for myself posting multiple threads on tuning issue's
    Always welcome to PM me and I will try and help the best I can from afar.
    970-301-0706

So this is somewhat similar to the Mathews way of setting cam lean. On my Z7 for correct lean I lay the shaft on the left side of the idler and it stays on the left side of the string about 1/8" from nocking point. Now are you saying on the DNA it crosses to the right side of the string and is correct when its 3/8" away from nocking point on the right side of the string?
    Bowtech Boss or Xpedition Perfexion will be next.
    Bowtech Experience, TT Smackdown pro, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute - Dads last bow now retired

Where are you located? I just read your issues with your EVO..... and it sounded like a simple fix. You need a new dealer....or a buddy.

I have setup about 8 in the last week and they all tuned perfect..easy as any ive ever done and all were pretty much dead on 3/4in center shot with proper spined arrows..I have yolk tuned most of them just a tad as using a flex guard on a hybrid cam you will need to or any type of bent cable rod..but all I have set with dead level nocking point..Id bet there is nothing wrong with it...id try it first..
    JOHN'S CUSTOM ARCHERY LLC(Custom strings and tuning)
    PSE,Athens,New Breed ,Obsession,Elite,Xpedition dealer
    2014 Bows Arriving Daily
    whalens hooker dealer,tight spot quivers.
    PSE PRO STAFF

Im in northern ky... I have heard great things about a dealer that I was going to try tom if I had no luck here.... however its an hour and a half away

I will i add .... at 13/16 my spot hogg was maxed out to the left and I was still shooting 13''- 14'' left @ 20 yards...

Always welcome to PM me and I will try and help the best I can from afar.
    I surely apprecaite it!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathn View Post
    I have setup about 8 in the last week and they all tuned perfect..easy as any ive ever done and all were pretty much dead on 3/4in center shot with proper spined arrows..I have yolk tuned most of them just a tad as using a flex guard on a hybrid cam you will need to or any type of bent cable rod..but all I have set with dead level nocking point..Id bet there is nothing wrong with it...id try it first..
    Yep I was mistaken on the centershot I just double checked mine and I am at a smidge past 3/4
    970-301-0706

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast