Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mathews/Mission 400fps crossbow

Mathews/Mission 400fps crossbow

No details so don't ask but my Mathews dealer just returned from their trade show with this information. It will be "tactical" which I assume means black with adjustable limbs so you can turn the weight down to whatever you want.

2007 Elite Envy #143
    2008 Elite GTO Target Black
    2011 PSE TAC15i
    2012 Scorpyd Ventilator
    2012 Strykezone SZ380

I hope it'll be compact or atleast a bull pup version of the tac. Sounds exciting.

very interesting! we need pictures Hope its better than the mx360.
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

I'm loving the MXB 360 so far.I have killed a ton of deer with mine.
    Can't wait to see the new one.
    Deer hunting with my crossbow

Probably a black Darton Fireforce with Mission badge???
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ventilator150 View Post
    It might have the same safety, which will be unfortunate if it does, but I doubt it will be a cookie cutter bow. I don't think the MXB360 is
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Ventilator150 View Post
    2 different crossbows made by 2 different companies.

Cool, I'm interested in checking out any 400/+ bows. I just can't go back now. Don't matter about the name on the bow just how it performs.

Uh-oh....... step away from the chronograph now. Yes nothing corrupts like a fast xbow.
    Nothing is fool proof because fools are so ingenious.

Quote of the day : " Life is too short to shoot and hunt with a mediocre crossbow ".

MXB 400 400FPS, 200 pound draw, it is adjustable (weight), still a fixed position stock, will have optional dark oak, light oak, tactical for stock, and grip panels...also a MXB 320 came out..price point bow...599.00 bare bow price(map)..smaller fore grip, 320 fps..160# draw, shorter power stroke, HAS auto safety, adjustable stock, all MXB bows will take the same string and cable, 320,and 360 is the same front end, just power stroke difference the grip panels have been rubberized for comfort, and better feel. the 400 shot well, it did have a little more noise than the 360 but not much, the 320 was not on the firing line, as there was only the one prototype to view....also new rope cockers are out with 1 orange and 1 black handle the grip panels are very nice looking and make the bows look "rich" in my opinion...they are kinda costly for the oak..the tactical panels were very reasonable.

thanks for the info! I can't see cocking 200#. But maybe it will still keep good speed backed off to 170. I assume since you have options with the stock that the 400 does not look like the 360? does it have the same riser? how was the trigger?
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

cocking the xb400 was no different (to me) than the xb360, same stock, same bow..but with 200# limbs, limbs are tactical finish, black stock, and rubberized panels. trigger was the same...as stated the 320 was not available to shoot since it was a prototype bow...also the 400 has a pic. 1919 rail mounted on the underbelly of the bow riser to mount light, bi pod or video camera...nice addition...all 3 bows can shoot the same bolt however you can shoot a 20" bolt on the 320....and lube rails at least every 10 shots on the 400, due to additional pressure on the string.

thanks! I'll wait and see....the 360 does't appeal to me at all so the 400 most likely won't either since its the same bow with rubber additions, which I'm sure are nicer than the plastic. we shall see
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

I got a recurve Middleton Xbow that shoots 400....the limbs on my mission xb360 split after owning it andd treating it like a princess for two weeks....so I sent it to dtm to make some real limbs for it....

wow Brad , is the Middleton loud?
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

I bet its whisper quiet excal supposed to working on one I'd bet is whisper quiet too lol
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Lol
    Cocking 200 lbs. Is the same as a vortex but with let off.

Quote Originally Posted by VINSON SCOTT View Post
    Lol
    Cocking 200 lbs. Is the same as a vortex but with let off.
    lol well not really vinson...excals are the easiest xbows to cock to me because they start out easy and only build the poundage the last couple inches or so and you have the momentum but yeah I do see how I should have re-worded that since I shoot 200# 200# all the way would be a strain I think but I've never tried it. When I shoot my compound right after my vortex its like starting to pull on a wall lol
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

The 200 lb model that shoots 400 fps. is the bow I would let others try out first and wait to see if there is going to be any limb issues.

good point....those limbs do have a lot of stress on them...lots of bend in that design!
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

What percentage of bow sales do you think mission will sell on name alone next year. Any guesses.

200# to get 400 FPS? They are going about this all wrong IMO. Scorpyd can get 400 FPS with 150# limbs. I want to see efficient bows with less poundage, not more.

For that reason alone, I'M OUT!
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by VINSON SCOTT View Post
    What percentage of bow sales do you think mission will sell on name alone next year. Any guesses.
    I don't know what percentage but I'm guessing very low. The 320 model sounds like it might be the best with the adjustable stock. No disrespect toward OPP but the 360 is not a popular bow. My dealer still has his two originals and no one has even come close to buying one. Black paint, rubber and high poundage are all they changed it sounds like and the 360 needed a little more than that.

Vent....I don't like RDT bows but I will agree the answer is not beefing up such high poundage. They should modified the 360 to the changes it needed and left the speed as is. Not everyone wants a 400fps bow but everyone wants a well designed bow. Guess they will learn. I am curious about the 320 model but my vortex will do that
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

I'll say this though......the wood stocks might add a nice touch if they look like moons bow. Probably be a tenpoint price with it

ten.jpg
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    I don't know what percentage but I'm guessing very low. The 320 model sounds like it might be the best with the adjustable stock. No disrespect toward OPP but the 360 is not a popular bow. My dealer still has his two originals and no one has even come close to buying one. Black paint, rubber and high poundage are all they changed it sounds like and the 360 needed a little more than that.

Vent....I don't like RDT bows but I will agree the answer is not beefing up such high poundage. They should modified the 360 to the changes it needed and left the speed as is. Not everyone wants a 400fps bow but everyone wants a well designed bow. Guess they will learn. I am curious about the 320 model but my vortex will do that
    None taken.Personally i love the bow.I use it for hunting only.It does what its designed to do kill.That it does.I spend alot of time out in the woods.I love that fact its light.The plastic parts on the stock feel nice on my hands on cold days.I love the fact the bow is compact.Very fast.The bow is well built.Strings and cables are top noch.The bow is quiet.The triger is good.The safety is ok.I'm pushing the mission bolts out of it with a 2" rage broadhead.They go thru deer like a knife thru butter.My last deer was shot at 40 yards.The bolt pass thru both sides and was stuck on the ground 10" .The deer had no clue what hit it.The hole on both side was huge.You could have put your fist thru the holes.Can they improve on it, sure they can.I'm sure they will with given time.I have not had a single issue with it since i got it.So far I'm loving it.
    Deer hunting with my crossbow

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast