Thread: Greensboro Traditional Archery

Greensboro Traditional Archery

Hey everyone I opened a school for traditional archery and we have 11 or 12 targets set up through the woods. We have lessons available or else you can pay for just coming to shoot. We have a website and a facebook page if you want to look us up. greensborotraditionalarchery. com

Last edited by Double S; December 5th, 2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Removed non sponsor active link

Cool idea! I live in Greensboro too. Do any of you guys have a lot of experience building long bows? Ive been shooting a wolf archery bow for a few years but just got into building my own. If you guys ever have an open shoot let me know and Ill try to swing by and say hello.

We are planning on having a shoot later this month or else in January I have built bows before and have a couple staves here if you want to build one from hickory. You can stop by anytime if you call ahead we can help with from doing leather work to building your bow and tuning it. You can pm and I can give you my number.

I am near K-ville, and I love Traditional Archery been up all night fletching arrows. So is your facility a school, range or both? Cost?

The school is $35 for 4 lessons and we teach you fletching arrows, tuning your bow, and basically everything else. We also have a range that is 45 dollars a year. There is 11 targets set up through the woods. We are planning on getting more animal targets and even setting up a running boar target. We also consult people on getting gear and helping them with setting things up. We are located near the Pleasant Garden on the south side of Greensboro right now we have a total of about 15 students. The best part is when you sign up for lesson not only do you get private one on one classes, but you get discount on the yearly membership.

There is also a class for specifically for hunting situations and helping with 3d shoots all around NC.
    Lastly we are also setting up a tough man course. It will have difficult but feasible shots like a couple that I have seen at different clubs around NC.

Once again, everything archery, especially traditional, is always 4 hours away from eastern NC...
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight....your tactics suck!"

Have you looked up any archery clubs near your area? I bet there probably is if not then try and start one. You start a whole new thing over there.

Good Luck. Sounds like a great idea.

Yeah people seem to really like we also have people who just come to shoot through our 3D range.

Quote Originally Posted by HerneDaHunter View Post
    Have you looked up any archery clubs near your area? I bet there probably is if not then try and start one. You start a whole new thing over there.
    Well actually I have, that was the reason for my response. There were a couple of archery ranges, one at LeJeune and one at Cherry Point. I contacted both of them and each indicated that they would probably be closed by the end of the year. I'd seriously considered opening a 3D practice range on my own land, I have the room for a 20 lane course, but I'm not sure the land is suitable at this point for a formal 3D course as it was timbered last year. I have a huge backyard target range and I may just set up a 10 lane course for my own use.
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight....your tactics suck!"

Well if your building your own course that is cool if your intending on opening it to other people then you will definitely need insurance. If you want details on where to get insurance please pm me

Here is a link to the archery targets set through the woods. These are all we have so far soon we will have more animals. http://s833.beta.photobucket.com/use...onal%20Archery

Would like to let everyone know that we are taking the range and adding more targets tomorrow. They will be bag targets but they will be up almost all year round and will be set up in different locations. Hopefully we will have around 20 targets set up. In January will hopefully finish our indoor range with lighting and heating during the winter haha.