Thread: Rage Chisel Tip 3 Blade

Rage Chisel Tip 3 Blade

I have been trying to do some research on Rage's new chisel tip 3-blade Rage. Everything I see for a review is just the 2-blade. If I look for a review/comparison to the 3-blade to other broadheads, there is none out there for the Chisel tip 3-blade. It seems like all the reviews are about the old 3-blade or if it does include the chisel tip, they are only about the two blade...why is that?

I don't know why there are no reviews, but i would stick to the 2 blade as 3 blade braodheads are the worst penetrating head design. Rage aren't the best penetrating braodheads on the best of days, but give a big cut, you get nothing for nothing.
    A 4 blade head penetrates bettter than 3 blade. (not that rage make a 4 blade)

I have used the standard 3 blade rage on several head of game up to the size of Kudu and a very large (almost 7 foot square) black bear. I have always had great penetration and very good blood trails, even on animals such as mud covered wild boar. One read hartebeest that I shot only went about to yards and it was an amazing thing to watch. I have video somewhere on here from it. Don't know why they aren't more popular but I have always had great luck with them, and I think the new tip will be even better.
    John's Custom Prostaff { no other string is even close }

Rage Chisel Tip 3 Blade

The two blades are awesome nobody around here stocks the 3 blades or I would try them that could be why there's not many reviews nobody really stocking then

I got to try the 2blade on a doe last thursday. It was NASTY.. Hit the upper shoulder bone and blew it to pieces. The tip and ferrul held up great but the blades got beat up.. This thing impressed the hell out of me.. Blood was crazy!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----08.5 ELITE GT500 ----- ASAT- NATION
    TUFFSAK bag targets
    MAGNUS BUZZCUTS /GRIZZ TRICK II /RAGE HYPO

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    I don't know why there are no reviews, but i would stick to the 2 blade as 3 blade braodheads are the worst penetrating head design. Rage aren't the best penetrating braodheads on the best of days, but give a big cut, you get nothing for nothing.
    A 4 blade head penetrates bettter than 3 blade. (not that rage make a 4 blade)

I've always had good penetration with Rage's when I use them (mainly, turkeys). I also found the 3 blades penetrate deeper than the 2. Rage even confirms this on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno_09 View Post
    I have been trying to do some research on Rage's new chisel tip 3-blade Rage. Everything I see for a review is just the 2-blade. If I look for a review/comparison to the 3-blade to other broadheads, there is none out there for the Chisel tip 3-blade. It seems like all the reviews are about the old 3-blade or if it does include the chisel tip, they are only about the two blade...why is that?
    Pretty simple, the 2 blade are more popular and vendors adjust inventories too meet customer needs.

Re: Rage Chisel Tip 3 Blade

I have been searching for 3 blade as well but seems they are harder to get then the 2 bladed. I would like to see how they do my self. I just really like that leading head tip design..

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
    TUFFSAK bag targets

They have all kinds of them in stock at our local Dick's, probably because you can't hunt with them here :-/

Bear Motive 7, Limbdriver Pro V, Hogg Father 3 Pin, Doinker Tactical.
    61lbs. @ 27.5"dl.
    Diamond Dead Eye, QAD hdx, Apex 4 Pin.
    61lbs. @ 27.5"dl.

I never messed with the 3 blades. I know the new chisel 2 blades are impressive.

Re: Rage Chisel Tip 3 Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    I never messed with the 3 blades. I know the new chisel 2 blades are impressive.
    Yes they are!!! VERY IMPPRESSIVE

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
    TUFFSAK bag targets

Well, I ended up picking up some 3-blade chisel tips and may have to put them through some tests myself. But realistically, I most likely will not use them until I go hunting. So not only do I hope I can get out soon, but see something when I am out. If I get something I will post a review and pics on here.

The reason this started up for me, is because my dad is shooting the swhacker broadheads, hit one deer with them and now swears by them, but those seem to only be 2-blade. There are a lot of reviews between the 2-blades, but nothing on the three with the chisel tip...so I guess it is just time to use them and see what happens.