a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the Best: IWOM, Warmbag, or HBS?

Which is the Best: IWOM, Warmbag, or HBS?

I asked this earlier in Poll form and maybe that was the problem. No one made comments. After someone on here made a good point about batteries only lasting a few hours and not all day (I'm not worried about battery failure because I would just go home or back to the truck) and the fact that I want to start making some longer sits I have decided an IWOM, HBS, or Warmbag would be better than my 2000 gram Cabelas Inferno pac boots, Stand Hunter Bibs, and Stand Hunter Parka aren't keeping me warm, even in 50-60' degree temps. I have a spinal cord injury that makes it hard for me to stay warm. Lately, my Thermacell Insoles, Zippo Hand Warmers with Muff and a disposable heat packet to the kidneys has worked, but it hasn't gotten too cold yet. In these temps I'm still freezing, but as long as my hands are relatively warm and so are my feet I can suffer through it. I want to wait to the middle of next season so if it doesn't work I can return it within the 3 month return policy that I believe they all have?

*** If you only have experience with 1 or 2 of these items or have friends who use them tell me yours or their experience, the positives & negatives of each, and which one you would buy. ***

So which would you choose and why?

1.) IWOM

2.) HBS

3.) Warmbag

What are the plus's and minus's of each?

I know some people have worried about the durability of the HBS and putting your boots in it which may tear it up. I obviously don't want that problem. Are they all waterproof, windproof, durable, and quiet?

Re: Which is the Best: IWOM, Warmbag, or HBS?

Honestly, not being mean, if you get cold at 50 these systems might not even help once it gets down to colder temps.

At 50 a sweatshirt should be plenty warm.

You might need both electric heat and one of the products mentioned in this thread.

I only have limited experience with the hbs and don't bother using it till it gets towards 0. I get way too hot otherwise.

This was addressed extensively on a previous post just the other week.
    Not being a smarta**, but do a search for IWOM, HBS, or Warmbag and you will find a couple of threads that I guarantee will answer all the questions you have.
    I have posted on there and honestly it is just too much info to repeat.
    I am guilty of not using the search feature at times, but it is quite a powerful tool and you will be happier in using it. I promise!!!
    Merry Christmas to ya!
    PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE RISING COST IN AMMO PRICES I WILL NO LONGER BE FIRING A WARNING SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by lc12 View Post
    This was addressed extensively on a previous post just the other week.
    Not being a smarta**, but do a search for IWOM, HBS, or Warmbag and you will find a couple of threads that I guarantee will answer all the questions you have.
    I have posted on there and honestly it is just too much info to repeat.
    I am guilty of not using the search feature at times, but it is quite a powerful tool and you will be happier in using it. I promise!!!
    Merry Christmas to ya!

Thanks.

I'm trying to do a comparison of just these 3 items. I don't want to sort through threads on just the IWOM that might have a post or two about the HBS in it. Or a thread about cold weather gear with a few people saying I like the IWOM or the HBS.

All three would work. Watch the YouTube video's and pic the one you want. They all keep you warm.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

Pros and cons of each. All work. It's doubtful you will find someone who has tried all 3 so you'll probably have to sort through individual reviews anyway. I've heard the least negatives about the HBS.

I tried a HBS that was a little small (borrowed from friend) and can attest it is crazy warm. It was a little bulkier than I would prefer for in my climber but once I got in I was very comfy and warm.

I purchased a warm bag last year on a sale (solid black but only $99) but have yet to try it out. Looks like it will be very quiet and was less bulky than HBS. I'm hoping we get some cold temps soon so I can justify using it but it hasn't been cold enough here yet.

What bibs do you have? Are they Cabelas extreme stand bibs?
    DXT- 27.5

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” St. Thomas Aquinas

Quote Originally Posted by G20 View Post
    What bibs do you have? Are they Cabelas extreme stand bibs?

Cabelas Stand Hunter Bibs and Parka.

I have the HBS. Can't comment on the others. The IWOM I can't figure out. Seems coveralls would do the same thing. I wanted something warm that didn't cause me to be bulked up like the Michelin man.

Cabelas extreme stand stuff is supposed to be very warm. I think there is a difference between the standard and extreme. I mention cause if you are cold with the extreme stuff then you would probably have to wear all of it to stay warm.
    DXT- 27.5

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” St. Thomas Aquinas

Search function...lots of these threads...same exact info...iwom vs hbs vs warm bag.

I own an Iwom and I looked at all three. Iwom is more complete of a system IMO.

I have tried the warmbag, I wasn't fond of it. I just didn't find it to be warm. The company was great to deal with however. Very friendly and stood behind their money back guarantee and let me return it. If it ever gets cold here again I have a HBS lined up to test out. I will post my .02 on it when I get the opportuniy to take it out in the cold. Unlike some of the others here who wait until temps are near 0, I plan on trying the HBS in 20's or 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by frankVA View Post
    I have tried the warmbag, I wasn't fond of it. I just didn't find it to be warm. The company was great to deal with however. Very friendly and stood behind their money back guarantee and let me return it. If it ever gets cold here again I have a HBS lined up to test out. I will post my .02 on it when I get the opportuniy to take it out in the cold. Unlike some of the others here who wait until temps are near 0, I plan on trying the HBS in 20's or 30's.

Interesting. Surprised the Warmbag wasn't warm.

Keep us updated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by frankVA View Post

Yea, I'm not sure why you weren't warm in it either. I'm on my second one. I bought the first one used and it was just a little small but I liked it so much I sold it to a smaller person and bought a new larger one. I wore very little while on stand in it and it was always warm and dry.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by hedp View Post
    Thanks.

I'm trying to do a comparison of just these 3 items. I don't want to sort through threads on just the IWOM that might have a post or two about the HBS in it. Or a thread about cold weather gear with a few people saying I like the IWOM or the HBS.

I understand what you are wanting and was just saying that this was hashed out just the other week with comments on all three of the "bags" that are available with comments on all three stating the pros and cons of each bag.
    You will be "weeding" through the comments whether posted here or those on past posts.
    I, personally, have the Warmbag. I liked the idea of getting my arms outside of the bag and it was less bulky than the HBS.
    Is it warmer? I could not say as I am not going to buy an HBS just to compare. I will try the Warmbag and hope it works. If not, then I will do like others have and sell it and try something else until I find what I like.
    It is all about personal preference and your tolerance to cold versus my tolerance to cold.
    Just trying to help you out as it is a big decision when it comes to outlaying the cash for a "bag"!
    PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE RISING COST IN AMMO PRICES I WILL NO LONGER BE FIRING A WARNING SHOT.

HBS is best. I tried all three at various shows and the HBS was best in quality,feel and CS has been awseome! And if ya get cold money back! PS I have not been cold using my HBS! I hunt PA-NJ-ME and I know COLD!!

koz
    Just a burnt out bow junkie

I did research on all 3 and bought an IWOM because I got a new one at a discount, I have not used it yet it has been too warm and I have been too busy to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Big Time View Post
    I did research on all 3 and bought an IWOM because I got a new one at a discount, I have not used it yet it has been too warm and I have been too busy to hunt.

So if you didn't get a discount, what would you of gotten?

With my HBS...

I'm warm and comfortable on all day sits with temperatures (actual temps, not windchill) below ZERO. I can unzip and take shots on deer at very close range without them hearing or seeing me. I can maneuver around and take shots behind me/360 degrees with no problems. I wear just a hand muff to keep my hands warm, no chemical warmers of any kind. I can text and surf the internet in those sub zero conditions, with no gloves on (gives you an idea how warm it is inside the suit). I strap it to my backpack and don't really notice the 6 pounds when I 'm walking in and out. I can put it on easily in my climbers, hang ons and ladder stands. I don't even own cold gear hunting jackets and pants, just pac boots and I live in the coldest place you'll ever hunt in the lower 48. I toss it in the washer and dryer several times a year and it still looks and works like new. I have used one for 7 years in late season Minnesota and Iowa and I HAVE NEVER BEEN COLD WITH IT ON.

I could go on and on about the awesome benefits of an HBS but it's easier to just say I don't have a single complaint in 7 years. I haven't tried the IWOM or Warmbag, quite simply because I don't have any reason to switch from the HBS.

Made in Wisconsin with a money back guarantee.
    Steve

"It's a Navy Seal type bow. It works by pulling it back and shooting it."

it's all about layers
    jpmc

I am going with the HBS as soon as they have it in mossy oak agin.
    PSE Source TT Smackdown Pro, B-Stinger,GT 55/75 Arrows, HHA OL-5519 Muzzy Trocar Broadheads, JBK Strings

yes.....
    2012 Elite Answer
    2007 Diamond Black Ice

"I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued." "I prepare, I hunt, I kill - it is what we do."

Quote Originally Posted by KSHammers1 View Post
    yes.....

Yes to what?

Just bought a HBS in mossy oak infinity. Used it twice. The first time it felt bulky. The second time it felt better. It kept me warm both times. I had to unzip it one day because I got to warm. I also have the inferno pac boots and my feet were warmer with 400 gram boots in the HBS that with the infernos. Haven't used the iwom or the warmbag.

Quote Originally Posted by '10destroyer340 View Post
    Just bought a HBS in mossy oak infinity. Used it twice. The first time it felt bulky. The second time it felt better. It kept me warm both times. I had to unzip it one day because I got to warm. I also have the inferno pac boots and my feet were warmer with 400 gram boots in the HBS that with the infernos. Haven't used the iwom or the warmbag.

Cool.

I've only tried the HBS and really have no reason to look at any others unless it ever needs replacement. It's what they say it is. Very warm. Never failed me in MN winters. Used it ice fishing too.
    Mike, proud member of the NCWID!
    USA
    PROUD MEMBER OF OHM RESISTANCE
    AR34 RAM.5 / PSE Bow Madness 32 Extreme sights, WB rests

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast