Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Drop Away Arrow Rest

5K views 26 replies 26 participants last post by  Dylanbigbucks 
#1 ·
Im looking for a great drop away rest in the price range of $0-$90

#4 ·
Original limbdriver. Easiest dropaway to set up and offers best results. Put the arrow holder on shelf and it works as good as a full containment rest.

#7 ·
i would always say the QAD LD, HD or HDX as i have had great success with them and zero problems (with exception of needing the shorter H1 forks for my 82nd) ... I know folks that swear by the Limb driver and i have a hunting buddy that only uses them on all his bows and with great success.

My new Hoyt Vector Turbo, i am up in the air on going with another HD/HDX or get a Limb driver just to try something new (all are proven rests)...

one note of the QAD rests... many folks either love or hate them, due to the rest being a bit tricky to setup on some bows. This is usually because the bow is in need of a tune and the rest will amplify this... also if you dont have the proper tension on the rest at full draw you can either strip out the internals (too much tension on the string) or not have the rest drop on release (not enough tension on the string). Also, serve the string into the cable and dont use that football thing (it will cut the cable eventually or fly apart on a shot)...

#9 ·
Trophy Taker is the best. Simple and all steel

Pronghorn and original arm both are excellent drop aways
DB

#13 ·
i have a G5 Expert had it since '07 still works like a charm! dead silent, no metal parts, rubber coated, and micro adjustable. easy to tune and shoots like a dream. cant see myself going with anything else!

#14 ·
The best is still an subjective term. So your gonna get a lot of different answers on this one.

IMO, if you want the best for that price range, plus you will have to add another $15.00 or so, it would be the original LimbDriver.

Or you can get them like new our of our classy's on here for ~$50.00 to $60.00.

I've purchased two that was still in the original package, one had never been set up, for $50.00.

Many advantages to a limb driven rest with little to no disadvantages.

Skeet.

#15 ·
TT Smackdown FC.....easy to set up, with a limb driven rest, you'll never have any timing issues.

#17 ·
I have only ever owned and used one drop away: G5 Expert II, I got it used but like new for $25. I put it on my Bear Element right before the Pa archery season because my old TM Hunter finally gave out. It was very easy to set up and it worked flawlessly. I want to try a full containment style rest or I would have transferred the G5 over to my Assassin.

#18 ·
I'm liking my original limbdriver but for hunting I like the Apache, best drop away value for sure.

#20 ·
Thanks, i picked up a QAD Ultrarest HDX at my local archery shop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.