a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Obsession Knightmare Bow Review

2013 Obsession Knightmare Bow Review

Well I finally got a chance to get my hands on a Knightmare today. To everyone looking to buy a new bow for 2013 definitely owes this bow a try and will probably leave with it if they do. The fit & finish on the bow and the strings are excellent. It being a black bow will make imperfections stick out like a sore thumb but it was flawless.

The draw is stiff up front but very smooth with no noticable hump. Transitions nicely into the valley and hits the great wall that all limb stop bows have.

The shot is basically non existant. It's extremely dead and very quiet. I have owned an Insanity, Vector turbo, Evo, Chill, Carbon matrix, etc all in the last year and none of them compare at the shot. I will say there is one bow I owned this year that was as dead as the Knightmare....It's made by Obsession Bows....the Sniper XS...

I know you guys are saying well all of the stuff I've mentioned is subjective.....So now for the facts......

All speeds were measured with a Shooting Chrony F1 Master Chrono
    All weights were measured with an OMP Digital Scale
    Draw Weight was measured with a Rubbermaid Pelouze Hanging Scale

The bow was shot through the chrono with no tuning done. I'm going to play with the bow some more tomorrow (ran out of light today) and see if I can pick up a few more FPS.

Measured bow specs:

28" DL
    60* DW
    6 1/4" BH
    33.5" ATA

Bow was set with over 80% let off and 13 Gr added to the string

D Loop, Nock Sets + 6 Gr G5 Peep

Victory V Force HV 350 at 306.2 Gr

Black Eagle Carnivore 400 at 333.0 Gr

Gold Tip XT Hunter 55/75 at 379.4 Gr

Satilla River Outdoors
    Bear, Bowtech, Elite, Hoyt, Obsession, and PSE Bows
    ThreadZ Custom Bowstrings

Black Eagle Rampage 400 at 409.0 Gr

Set centershot at 13/16" and the arrow running dead level through the berger hole produced this

Here's some pics of the bow

Satilla River Outdoors

Re: 2013 Obsession Knightmare Bow Review

Soon, hopefully real soon.

I got nothing. Im not near as cool as my Galaxy SIII

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to shooting one this week.
    Aim Small, Miss Small

I don't know what to do my better half "signed off" on me getting another bow. I have an all black lethal force but not sure if I want to snag a knightmare or venture to a differant company.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I received a knightmare in and it's one nice bow. . You can't go wrong with this bow
    AUTHORIZED DEALER !!SITKA GEAR, CORE 4 ELEMENT... ASAT CAMO... PREDATOR CAMO...OBSESSION BOWS... PRIME BOWS... PSE BOWS...BOSS BUCK FEEDERS,,GRIZZLY COOLERS,,,LONE WOLF TREESTANDS. MILLENNIUM TREESTANDS AND MANY MORE. EASTON ARROWS. GOLD TIP ARROWS,, STOKERIZED STABILIZERS,, B-STINGER AND MOST ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED WWW.SOUTHERNSTYLEARCHERY.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SlinginZ7 View Post

Wow, that is some wicked cam lean on the top cam! Bottom cam doesn't look too good either. Tower of Pisa, archery edition! Good ol' binaries.

And please, please don't tell me it's the camera angle. It don't fly.

Great Review! I'll be setting mine up tomorrow.

You have already owned a Chill? You have shot it a lot and say this bow is better after a couple shots through it. Flawless finish? I think with that heavy of paint on there you can cover a lot. Machining looks like something a first year apprentice could do, dull and boring, typical KS. You should take this kind of stuff to the manufacture specific forum. I just think this is another commercial for a KS bow.

Quote Originally Posted by camosolo View Post
    You have already owned a Chill? You have shot it a lot and say this bow is better after a couple shots through it. Flawless finish? I think with that heavy of paint on there you can cover a lot. Machining looks like something a first year apprentice could do, dull and boring, typical KS. You should take this kind of stuff to the manufacture specific forum. I just think this is another commercial for a KS bow.
    If we be giving opinions it sounds like someone is mad a chill was mentioned...

I got nothing. Im not near as cool as my Galaxy SIII

PB26, the bow does have some cam lean but it's a 2 track binary cam system. It's the nature of the beast. The camera does skew the bottom view in my opnion.

Camosolo, yes I have already owned a Chill. Please look at my above post and see where I said the bow feels better at the shot than any of those bows stated (I shot it 100 times or so this evening). I have no affiliation with KS or Obsession Archery.....How is my review biased in any way? Sounds like you are someone that was bitten by KS and is a little bitter...Of course now I'm just drawing a conclusion like yourself....

Satilla River Outdoors

Would you mind taking a pic of the grip, last years were very narrow, hoping they fixed that.
    2014 Energy 35 A/P Snow (tournament)
    2014 Energy 35 A/P Black (hunting)
    Frequent Frankenbower

It looks like the speed is right where it is advertised to be within a couple feet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by camosolo View Post

Haha...you are such a tool. Only a gem like yourself could argue a review with numbers and pictures to back it up. Stay classy camosolo.

The grip is alot better on the knightmare

Quote Originally Posted by LCA View Post
    It looks like the speed is right where it is advertised to be within a couple feet anyway.
    It barely hit low end of the IBO for a 60# according to Obsession's website. According to the website, a 70# bow is rated at 342-350, less 6-8 fps for a 60# bow. My GT500 can do those speeds that were posted with an inch more brace height.

2013 Obsession Knightmare Bow Review

Can't wait till my shop gets one in hopefully this week nice review

Sent from my archerytalk viewing device using Tapatalk
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

Quote Originally Posted by shootstraight View Post
    Would you mind taking a pic of the grip, last years were very narrow, hoping they fixed that.
    Here ya go

I'm with you as far as thinking last years grip was to thin. This years grip is rounded which improves feel ten fold IMO.

Satilla River Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Perry24 View Post
    It barely hit low end of the IBO for a 60# according to Obsession's website. According to the website, a 70# bow is rated at 342-350, less 6-8 fps for a 60# bow. My GT500 can do those speeds that were posted with an inch more brace height.

Bow is 342-343 on the IBO calculators I have put it in. They rate the bow at 344-336 for a 60*

I have not done any tuning to the bow so far and feel confident I can get a few more FPS out of it.

Satilla River Outdoors

narrow is good
    Quote Originally Posted by shootstraight View Post
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Any chance you could get a pic at full draw?

Thanks for the review.

I have never owned a KS product. Not Bowtech, Elite, Strother,or K&K. I just know from the past on here that some think of him as GOD!. I did see there were a lot of people that got sucked in, IMO, by him and the companies he was tied to in the last couple years. Glad Strother is still surviving. What about K&K and the lifetime warranties. The people I really feel bad for (not really) are the investors that should have done their research before backing him AGAIN!.
    I just recently changed my avatar back to Mathews. I have been shooting Hoyt for a while.

Bow is 342-343 on the IBO calculators I have put it in. They rate the bow at 344-336 for a 60*

I have not done any tuning to the bow so far and feel confident I can get a few more FPS out of it.
    OK, so then you will hit low end of IBO. You posted 313 for a 300-ish grain arrow, add 20 fps for 2" of draw length and you get 333. I highly doubt the extra weight on the string is taking away 9-10 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzz View Post
    Any chance you could get a pic at full draw?

Thanks for the review.
    Here's a pic I edited in paint so you can better see the cam and string. This is at full draw on my draw board.

Satilla River Outdoors

Here's a pic I edited in paint so you can better see the cam and string. This is at full draw on my draw board.

What about from the side?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast