Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathews Helim vs. creed

Mathews Helim vs. creed

Has anyone shot both and which did you like better? I am a fan of Mathews bows and i think i want of these 2 bows any advice?

Both bows have a nice draw but the CREED is smoother. The noticeable difference for me was at the shot. The CREED had less vibration and quieter. I currently have a Z7 magnum and I can tell you first hand that the string angle is very similar due to the size of the idler and cam of the CREED. It feels like a longer ATA bow. I ordered a CREED all black. I would say shoot them both and pick for yourself. Everyone is different and feels different things with a bow. I am actually adding a few things to the bow to make it heavier because I like heavier bows.

Mathews Helim vs. creed

I like the Heli-M better there's just something I can't put my finger on why I can't get used to the Creed.

I wasn't a fan of the heli but I really like my Creed.
    Mathews Creed 29.5/70 blacked out. Black eagle Rampage arrows.

By far for me its the creed!Helim was nice also ! It's up to what u like to shoot!

Both bows draw smooth and have great backwalls with the Creed having a slight edge...but in speed the Heli m has the edge.....that along with a great sale price on the Heli m right now and i went with the Heli m...but both great bows.

shoot both and see what you think. I did and got the creed. Just felt better in my hands and I liked the shot better. Real close though. It had an ounce more of smoothness. The Heli m was a tad less smooth.

Mathews Helim vs. creed

I have shot all of the new Mathews bows and IMO the creed was my favorite out of all of them.
    2012 PSE evo 70# @ 29

i vote helim but like said you need to shoot both . the creed felt a little like the z7 in the draw to me , hard break over . helim was smooth the whole way though . just my op

I shot them both today and I had a hard time picking a fav. The heli was 29 and th creed was 28.5 both close in weight. The biggest diff was changing the cam stop giving a slightly larger valley. Can't go wrong with either

I got to shoot both bows side by side this week. I love them both.. I felt as though that the Helim had a very very small bump on the draw. I would not have noticed it if I had not been shooting the Creed. The Creed is a smooth but firm draw in my opinon.. I know that does not make much since(LOL).., but thats ho it felt to me. I LOVED the creed... Back wall was aweome... Needless to say, I would be more than happy to have either bow in the stand...
    Black Widow PMA III, Toelke Whip, Black Widow PCH (yew & bubinga),Browning Wasp

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6: 37

Mathews Helim vs. creed

Heli m has a smoother draw and a little more speed. Didn't make sense to me to spend more energy to draw the Creed and yield less speed.
    2013 PSE DNA
    2014 Elite Energy 35

I've shot both, I have had a Helim since Jan. last year. To me the Helim is smoother through the draw cycle, not by much tough. The Helim has just a lil more hand shock. Both are great bows.
    Mathews Helim 70pds 29 dl
    Trophy Ridge micro Alpha V3
    Quad drop away
    Peep Eliminator

shot both and if the helim would have had the smaller stop on it i think i would have liked it better but i think the chill was the best of the 3
    black Faktor 30, copper john dead nuts 3 with pro extension 5 pin sight, 6 inch b stinger sport hunter xtreme stabilizer, fuse vector xt quiver, Easton flatline 340's, rage 2 blade, and t3's, tru ball pro diamond xtreme

but your gonna have to shoot them and see what you think as you can see half of us like the creed more and the other half like the helim
    black Faktor 30, copper john dead nuts 3 with pro extension 5 pin sight, 6 inch b stinger sport hunter xtreme stabilizer, fuse vector xt quiver, Easton flatline 340's, rage 2 blade, and t3's, tru ball pro diamond xtreme

HeliM,,little lighter, faster and not split limb ,,IMO
    Bowaddict

I went with the heli-m. Spent time with both and the draw of the Heli-m is definitely smoother. But the creed is definitely dead stable at the shot. That being said add a good stabilizer to both and the difference is barely noticeable. Also I like the look of the heli better. But like everyone else said. Shoot Both
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear
    University of Alabama Archery Club.
    Mathews Heli-M.

I have to vote for the Helim, to me...... smoother on the draw and a better overall feel.....including looks.......enough to overlook the slightly more hand shock. Took delivery on mine about 2 weeks now. With that said, I've been shopping for a stabilizer to eliminate that. Take the opportunity to shoot both, in length if you can. You'll know which one's for you. Just the fact that you're shopping for one is a winner already. Any suggestions for a stabilizer?

Quote Originally Posted by kylecoiner View Post
    I have to vote for the Helim, to me...... smoother on the draw and a better overall feel.....including looks.......enough to overlook the slightly more hand shock. Took delivery on mine about 2 weeks now. With that said, I've been shopping for a stabilizer to eliminate that. Take the opportunity to shoot both, in length if you can. You'll know which one's for you. Just the fact that you're shopping for one is a winner already. Any suggestions for a stabilizer?
    I have a 6" gridlock axion on Heli-m.. looks great and takes out the little bit of hand shock. Works good for me.
    2014 Hoyt Faktor30~70lbs~ Blackout
    27" dl~shooting Blue Streaks~358 Grain at 304 fps

Quote Originally Posted by massbuck View Post
    Both bows have a nice draw but the CREED is smoother. The noticeable difference for me was at the shot. The CREED had less vibration and quieter. I currently have a Z7 magnum and I can tell you first hand that the string angle is very similar due to the size of the idler and cam of the CREED. It feels like a longer ATA bow. I ordered a CREED all black. I would say shoot them both and pick for yourself. Everyone is different and feels different things with a bow. I am actually adding a few things to the bow to make it heavier because I like heavier bows.
    Anyone who thinks these are smooth drawing bows have never pulled back a Mathews Switchback or any Elite bow.

I appologize, I thought the Op was asking about the Creed or Chill, I have never shot the Helim. I did shoot all of there new 2013 bows though and wasn't impressed with the draw on any of them compared to several other bows I have pulled back. Not sure if they will ever make anything that draws like the Switchback did though.

seems the Helim and Creed are very close, if that is the case the Helim will cost less, save a few bucks and get the Helim, may even get lower in price as the year goes on

I have had my Heli-m since last spring--loved it so much i used it for 3-d season last summer and shot many over 300 scores with it. Shot the Creed and didn't think the draw as as smooth as the Heli-m, both held great and didnt notice any difference on the shot. I did replace the stock back stop with a K-Tech on my Heli-m and noticed a huge difference after the shot, that with the New hunter set up from Dead Center and the Heli-m is one of the BEST bows I have shot from Mathews in the last 13 years. Shoot them for yourself,, everyone likes something different, and thats the great part of this sport. Dont think you will go wrong with either
    Elite 32 Trophy Taker Smackdown pro, HHA Optimizer,, Black Eagle Arrows Pro staff
    DEADCENTER STABILIZERS STAFF MEMBER....MOSSYOAK PROSTAFF WHITETAIL DIV...

Mathews Helim vs. creed

I purchased the Creed today so far I like it. Came down to looks for me since they shot so close for me.
    It's not how much you spend on your bow, it's how much you spend with your bow. - Me

I got the helim , both are nice . just liked the helim better, plus it's lighter. all single cam bows tend to be a bit top heavy.
    so lighter , I can add the weight where i want , to balance the bow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast