Archery Talk Forum banner

Quest X Mounting Block loose assistance required !

723 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris RL 
#1 ·
Well today me new Sure Loc Quest X recurve sight was delivered and I'm in the process of putting it together now on my RDO.

My question is I just can't seem to get the mounting block to sit fiush against my riser <Win & Win AL1>. I've inserted the two screws and tightened with the allen key provided but it just won't tighten fully and there is considerable lateral movement when I insert the extension.

Am I doing something wrong here. What am I missing or not doing? I'm sure there is a simple fix so I can clamp this block down tight to give me a rock solid sight set up.

Any help would be great!

#2 ·
Unless the mounting block is twisted ( you can check by placing it on a piece of glass) the problem might be with the riser. The mounting pad for the block may not be machined properly. I had the same issue with an older hoyt compound, I resolved it by putting a rubber pad under the block. If that is the case I would consider returning the riser for a new one.

TAO

#4 ·
Sounds like the screws are too long. Take them to the hardware store, find the stainless section, and get the next shorter screws. Shouldn't cost more than a buck or two a piece.

Or you could probably get in touch with Sure-Loc. I'm sure it's not the first time they've seen that, and would probably send you a couple screws.

Option 3, find a piece of flat material to cut to size and drill some holes through to mount behind the sight block and tighten against that.

#5 ·
Thanks guys yes you are all correct - basically the screws are too long - either that or the holes in the riser haven't been tapped long enough. The fix was a simple one - I just installed 2 soft Beiter washers under the mounting block and screwed in the screws through these. That makes the mounting block rock solid. It just means I aren't using them to install my Titan recurve sight. Now I have a rock solid set up - time to go shoot some and work out how to set the elevation and windage.

#6 ·
Hayk
If they're too long then shoot them as you have them while you're finding screws that are a tad shorter. Then free up your Beiters (and Titan) again!
Cheers
C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.