Thread: New 60" KB X One-Piece Re-Curve Just Arrived

New 60" KB X One-Piece Re-Curve Just Arrived

I have shot enough arrows through this new bow that I can now say something about it. You should know that it has an "Asbell" grip, and is 49# at 29" (my draw length). It is a one piece re-curve, with a riser of cocobolo, and limbs faced with yew. The Asbell grip was purchased with some trepidation, but I can report that it fits my hand very satisfactorily, and with perfect repetition of orientation, i.e., like a glove, every time that I re-grip it; and with comfort. It probably adds to the consistency of arrow placement. So too, I think, does the weight and mass of the riser, because there is no hand shock at all, and I don't know what else to attribute that to. The limbs draw back as smoothly, if not more so, as my 60" bamboo longbow, and transfer energy very aggressively to the arrow. I have shot both birch and cedar arrows so far, the only difference being that the more dense birch absorbs more energy from the string, almost eliminating the high metallic twang of the string on the limbs. I have not yet put the four spider-shaped silencers on the string, and probably won't, because I hunt with birch with a 145 gr. point, and I feel no need to decrease the speed of the string. It is a loud bow, but no louder than my Bear Kodiak Magnum, and with a much more musical sound when shooting cedar, if that makes any sense. Since this bow is crafted like a fine musical instrument, I guess it does. It shoots like a dream, and I am able to shoot it instinctively with ease, hitting my desired spot from a variety of distances. I can only compare it's accuracy, within the world of wooden bows, to that of my favorite rifle, as that performs within the world of rifles. I have no other way to quantify how very nicely it shoots. It is a highly accurate bow, and I have absolute confidence in being able to kill, not maim, a deer with it. As far as the beauty of this bow, well, I can only say that it is a work of art. It is so well balanced and good to the hand, that I can hardly stop shooting it. As for the price, it hurt to pay for it, sure, but I can honestly say that I got more than my money's worth. It is heirloom quality in both form and function. So if you are thinking of buying a Black Widow for the first time, I would say call them up, try one out if you want, but certainly go for it.

You got any pics to go with that review?

I'm sorry that I deleted all my photos. Do you own a Black Widow?

put a pair of wooly whispers on it and you will be suprised at how quiet it is

Thanks for the tip.

New 60" KB X One-Piece Re-Curve Just Arrived

I had a chance to visit the "holy land", and out of all the bows I picked up that day, the ptfx with asbell was the one i kept going back to. The 1 piece widows are the best, that's for sure!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359489924.695556.jpg

Why do you say the one piece is the best? I am thinking of ordering my first one soon, and was planning on a takedown...
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Simmons Treesharks

Guess nobody frequents this forum. I'm planning on ordering a PA one piece soon, and can't decide on standard or Asbell grip.
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Simmons Treesharks

do you have pictures? how does Asbell grip feel compared to the standard grip?