Thread: Martin Alien M40

Martin Alien M40

Has this bow been released yet? If so has anyone shot it? I currently have a Firecat 400 and the bow has some great attributes but it is loud compared to other bows. I was wondering if the new nitro 3 cams, the split limb design and the roller guard has maybe silenced the bow a bit. I love everything about my firecat with the exception of the noise and the misleading 3.5 lb weight. The draw cycle was initially rough but a hyper glide made it much better.

The 2013 alien has not been released yet. It will probably be released sometime in early January. the new alien is a one-piece machined riser with split lambs.I shot the prototype about six weeks ago and was very impressed. Zero hand shock and it was extremely quiet. I think the new split limb makes all the difference in the world. I shot all of the new bows with the X 4 limbs and they were all extremely quiet.
    Owner Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

i've shot most of the new martin's and like "Themiddleman" above said........very impressed. Everything he says is accurate. The split limb must make the difference. Night and day difference.
    For sure i'm going to sell my ridge hunter and either get the alien or the x4. They were that much better!!!!!
    I had a firecat recently....2009 brand new. It was slow, louder than it should be. Loved the draw cycle. Fit and finish was good on it.
    The new finish on the 2013's are a bit better. If everyone can hang on for the new martins to come out they will be impressed. They were every bit as quiet as the new Bear's and the new and current 2012 mathews. No vibe or kick!!!
    No one will be able to pick on martin for 2013. I think the split limb durability will be fine.
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Can it be ordered w/ a standard cable rod instead of roller guard?

Sounds great, just curious is the ATA the same or longer?
    .........." You'll have that on those big jobs! "......................... ...
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    "Anti - Crossbow"

Quote Originally Posted by letcher_c View Post
    Can it be ordered w/ a standard cable rod instead of roller guard?
    Hope so....
    Darton Pro 3800 70lb, with mod's, Anchor Sight, Ranger Single Pin Sight, QAD Ultra HD, BSting Pro Hunt 12", Stan Quatro Shootoff, Scott Lit Goose,CE 250 Blue Streak Selects
    Rytera Alien X, S/H Hogg-It, QAD Hunter rest, BSting 12", Scott Lit Goose
    Switchback->sold

Well I might have to put off ordering a new bowtech. Letcher is there a reason your not a fan of the roller guard? From my experience the roller guard makes for a much smoother draw but in doing so it sacrifices a little hand shock. From what these guys are saying, the new 2013 Martins have virtually no hand shock with the roller guard.

Quote Originally Posted by dcesa1 View Post
    Well I might have to put off ordering a new bowtech. Letcher is there a reason your not a fan of the roller guard? From my experience the roller guard makes for a much smoother draw but in doing so it sacrifices a little hand shock. From what these guys are saying, the new 2013 Martins have virtually no hand shock with the roller guard.
    putting off ordering a bowtech would be a good idea until you try the 2013 Martins. You still might not like the new martins but atleast if it came to that you can atleast say that you'be tried them.
    I'm quite certain your going to see a huge improvement. Even the X4 blade was impressive!
    I'm going to strive for the Alien myself, but if the funds aren't there the X4 will be just fine. They both handled beautifully, the alien had this feel when handling it that just hit home with me. It's fast as well. The X4 was surprisingly quick for a single cam. The X4 is listed at 315fps....i would say that it's right on. It was slightly faster than my black ice. I thought the alien and X4 reminded me of a black ice and switchback xt in feel and lack of sound, vibe, and kick. Don't know if that analogy helps you, but I felt it was a tremendous improvement over my 09 fircat and 09bengal.
    It would be great if martin had a retro fit kit for older Martin bows.
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

It would be great if martin had a retro fit kit for older Martin bows.

Oh, how I would love that!

I've got an older Pantera that's now on it's 3rd set of limbs and they have cracked too. I'm no longer willing to invest time and money just to keep it shooting for a year or so. I've taken a ton of game with it including Canada and Africa. I sure would like to rehab that thing.

Martin has never charged for the new limbs and I appreciate that a lot. But, having them crack if a foreign land just don't cut it.

@bbjavelina I haven't had to many limb issues with my firecat (power tough limbs) but the core flex limbs that were on the bows prior to power tough were horrible from what I hear, which is why I am still a bit hesitant to go with their first split limb design.

Quote Originally Posted by dcesa1 View Post
    @bbjavelina I haven't had to many limb issues with my firecat (power tough limbs) but the core flex limbs that were on the bows prior to power tough were horrible from what I hear, which is why I am still a bit hesitant to go with their first split limb design.
    I've thought about putting the Powertuff limbs and the Hybrix cams on the Pantera. Haven't really priced it out, but I doubt it's worth it.

I'm not one to jump on the latest technnology. I'd prefer to let it prove itself and see how it pans out. Guess that's why i brought home an Invasion CPX two days ago. Released in Jan. '11 and supposedly to be discontinued in '13.

Seems that each year the flagships go up about $100. May not ever be able to afford another new bow. At least I've got 3 good ones to use --4 if you can count the Pantera. Given my age, that should be enough to see me to the end.

At this point (very early in the ownership) I can't see that the Invasion is much of a step up from my Alien Nemesis. Hell, I guess Santa knows best.