Thread: PSE Shooter/Tech school.....

PSE Shooter/Tech school.....

Is the PSE Shooter/Tech school worth the effort? How would a relative novice fare in the course? I absolutely MUST learn to do things myself, as the nearest "pro" shop is a half hour-40 minutes away, and seem fairly slow in accomplishing what I would call a relatively simple job (for experienced hands, not for me...)... So, is the school worth the trip? The cost is fairly negligable, airfare and lodging/food would be of more cost...Any experience with the course? Are there other instructional courses out there?

Thanks in advance for advice and input....
    Give 'em a squeeze!!! Self check often! Save the Ta-Ta's!!!!

I attended the PSE/Tech and dealer school in the early 90s. I learned a great deal. At that time, on the last day, you picked any bow that they made and you put it together yourself from scratch. Since the price of bows have increased about 300 to 400 percent since that time, I doubt that they would do that now. I did have the opportunity to learn from the best at that time and came back with any and all knowledge to work on any bow. I still do all my own string making and bow tuning. I have been making Frankenbows also since that time. The only school that I attended that taught me form and shot execution and string and arrow construction better was the Frank Pearson school which is also in AZ. I was a PSE staff shooter and a bow tech at an archery shop at that time and airfare and the cost of the PSE school was paid for. I paid for the Frank Pearson school myself and attended both schools on the same trip. I now live in AZ and got to shoot with Frank Pearson a couple of weeks ago. He still knows a lot more than I do and would love to take a refresher from his school.

would be worth it probably, but try and find a local tech. and learn from him. it is pretty easy to learn basics, I basically taught myself the first few years I worked in a pro shop, and over the years learned a bunch. In recent years you can pic up tons of tips on this site and most guys are receptive to helping you learn.

Get a press and learn to use it from the company, the rest is pretty simple and if your remotely mechanically inclined it is pretty easy, you can take pics and measurements before you change anything so it is easy to get back to the starting point.

I am sure a guy from Michigan on here can help you

I started a thread about this awhile back and got some good responses....I for one would absolutely LOVE to go...I hope too some day.
    PSE Archery * Trophy Ridge * Rocket Aeroheads * Vortex Optics * The Buck Bomb * Under Armour * John's Custom Strings * DLC Covert Cameras

Thanks for the responses, guys....I plan on making the trip as soon as I save the $$....This late winter or early spring. I worked as a salesperson in a pro shop, and can do many basic things (loops, serving, peeps) but lack the ability to do them quickly and or well the first time probably due to lack of practice. I get the gist of rest set up and tuning, but get a little lost when I start needing to twist a cable here or there. I'd like the shooting instruction as well, as I have hopes of becoming a certified instructor so that I can assist with the local NASP program and youth leagues.
    Give 'em a squeeze!!! Self check often! Save the Ta-Ta's!!!!