Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hinge shooters, click or smooth?

Hinge shooters, click or smooth?

Which do you shoot and why? Just started shooting a hinge and wandering what you all prefer

I've gone back and forth. I would use the click as a safety while your still learning. I started with the hinge not too long ago using the click, occasionally on the draw when I would get to aggressive I would hit the click. Now I have it set to the smooth side and fairly cold. I felt it gave me a better release is all.
    PSE Supra ME-60lbs, 28.5" Draw, AAE Pro Blade, Sword Titan, X-Ringers or DCA Targets

Strother Sr-71-60lbs, 28.5" draw, Limbdriver Micro Elite, Sword Trident Hunter, Victory or DCA

Click. Used it as a training cue when I first got it, now its part of my shot sequence.
    OK Archery DST40
    AlphaMax 35 - "Deer Shiner" Blue Fusion

Reaper Custom Strings

Click for 3D. Helps with a clean shot on uneven ground.

Smooth indoor. Even footing, no wind, less to think about and more consistent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Altec111 View Post
    Click. Used it as a training cue when I first got it, now its part of my shot sequence.
    x2 and without the click i pull the shot left real bad for some reason.

I use smooth. For me the click induces a bit of target panic.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

Click. I get it to click as I come to full draw before I aim. That way timing is always the same

Smooth for me. The click just distracts me.

I've seen others who hated the click, later decide that it works for them.

Smooth! So its a complete surprise when it goes off. Mastering the surprise release is key to archery... Hope this helps and God bless..
    Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Evolution Bow Strings

smooth, but with a safety that eliminates the possibility of dumping a shot while drawing.
    if you decide to use a click, do some reading here and learn the right way to use them. lots of guys misuse the click, by pulling continuously through the click.... that's a good way to learn all about target panic .
    do a search with " click", and/or "target panic"...lot's of good reading.

I go back and forth, now I'm mostly shooting with a Tru Ball Ht Pro with a click, and yesterday the click saved my bacon. I don't know if I didn't press the hook down firmly or rotated the release when I was setting up, but I was just starting to draw back and I heard the click. Stopped imediately and re-set the release. Ron w is right on. Once I get to anchor I get to the click fairly quickly. At that point I start my shot sequence.
    What's a Sailor doing in Oklahoma?
    Hoyt PCEXL, Doinker/B-Stinger Stabs, Easton Fatboys/ACC's
    Hamskea Rest, CR Apex Scope, FeatherVision Lens
    Strings-Ray knight, Davis Sight, Stan SX2

Both. Just depends on what I am doing that day. I use a big click though.
    There's not much of a lesson to be learned the second time a calf kicks you in the balz.

Prefer NO click. When I shoot the hinge, I am trying to eliminate the anticipation. Having said that, I have used a click during field rounds when learning the hinge, because I would get too fatigued if I did not.
    "I think if you get the arrow coming out of the bow straight, it doesn’t matter if the arrow flexes or not..." Jesse Broadwater

I use smooth,I just dislike the click.

Quote Originally Posted by SHPoet View Post
    I use smooth. For me the click induces a bit of target panic.
    Same here. Started with the click, now I'm fine with busting my lip every now and then but not using the click.

smooth,clicks make me anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by kc hay seed View Post
    smooth,clicks make me anxious.
    Same for me
    2012 Elite Tour
    2010 Elite Z28

I have found more consistency with the click. I think the key is getting it into the click before you start to aim and go through your shot

Smooth. The click started to get me jumpy after a few months.
    2012 Carbon Element

No click for me.

if the clicks are making you anxious , or nevous, or jumpy, you're not using it right and don't have the right mind-set for using a click. you're most likely drawing, coming to anchor and starting your "hard aim", before the click happens....that's entirely wrong...... you would be better off not even looking through the peep and scope, before the click happens.

No click for me it would cause me to releax and creep off the wall slightly plus i never got the dont aim till the click thing. so I just set it cold so i can draw with all fingers having even pressure then just pull pull pull till it goes off.
    2014 Elite Energy 35 < Hunting rig
    2013 OK Archery DST40 28.25"DL 370GR GT X CUTTER 71# DW=291FPS <3d machine

Smooth mainly. Sometimes jump back to click for practice. Confirms anchor point and form really well. Just shoot slightly better scores and relaxed a little more with smooth.

I 2 longhorns. 1 click and 1 no click. Both are in my pouch
    Vantage Elite +'s (77#, 60#, 55#) And a Matrix with Spirals for hunting
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Quote Originally Posted by ron w View Post
    if the clicks are making you anxious , or nevous, or jumpy, you're not using it right and don't have the right mind-set for using a click. you're most likely drawing, coming to anchor and starting your "hard aim", before the click happens....that's entirely wrong...... you would be better off not even looking through the peep and scope, before the click happens.
    This is so true!!! My click goes off when I get into anchor. And then I start my shot process!!!

Born and raised in Southern Ohio, stuck in Knoxville, TN now
    I used the click until I felt confident enough then I switched to smooth. The click made me anticipate the release and lose my concentration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast