Ted Nugent Reveals Why He Never Wanted To Be A Rock Star

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ted Nugent Reveals Why He Never Wanted To Be A Rock Star

TED NUGENT REVEALS WHY HE NEVER WANTED TO BE A ROCK STAR AND MORE IN CNN’S “RED CHAIR INTERVIEW”

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012) – Motor City Madman Ted Nugent was in the hot seat this week when he sat down with CNN for a “Red Chair Interview” where he revealed why he never wanted to be a rock star and more. How did he avoid doing drugs all these years? “The same way I avoided the temptation to stab myself in the eye with an ice pick,” Nugent says. “I’m just more in to working hard, playing hard, making great music and going hunting.”

A softer side was also revealed when he talked about his parents’ steady support throughout his career, and what it’s like to be a grandpa. “I’m like Mr. Rogers with a machine gun,” shared Nugent.

To watch the whole interview, click here

For more information on Ted Nugent, visit www.tednugent.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So in other words I think Ted did TOO MANY DRUGS he cannot remember doing them...lol. When I was younger, under 18, Ted played at a local ballroom. I was an employee of the ballroom and one of my jobs was to make sure the band members had things they requested. Well lets just say when you would open that door to the room they had backstage, lots of smoke rolled out and every single one of them was helping with the amount of smoke in that room. When he would play his final set, he was so hammered/stoned that one of the other band members had to help him to the stage. I even had to fetch a stool for him to sit on because he could no longer stand without being a liability of falling and hurting himself. So if good ol' ted wants to say this is a "hateful statement", then he is the one who is the liar and I lost tons of respect for the guy. I do not judge somebody based on if they drink or do happen to light one up sometimes, it is their choice. Just do not lie about it and call others liars who have witnessed such an event like I have. There was no mistaking that it was Ted, I however did not personally check to see if that joint shaped thing in his hands was filled with tobacco or marijuana, yet I bet it was not tobacco based on the glassy eyes and the smell of the smoke rolling in that room.

Ted has lost my respect after seeing that video. If you cannot be honest with yourself, you will not be honest with anybody.

Good point Matt.....

I'm a BIG Nugent fan when it comes to music. On the other stuff, not a fan at all.

I've seen him in concert several times (I seem to remember) and there is no way he could have been sober for some of those. Alcohol, maybe, but there was definitely something in his body.
    Unlike those that shoot a Dixon Ticonderoga, I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

I will say this.... BEFORE the show, he was a great guy and we chatted a bit. I even got a warning from my boss about not doing my job...lol. He was definitely a party guy.

I like it and I like Ted.

Been to a few of his concerts back in the day. Awesome guitarist he is.

Skeet.
    Match your rig to da gig.

Everyone PLEASE remember to flex your arrows every time prior to loading them into your bow.

Just because a person works in an environment where drugs are accessible, does not mean they are partaking in them. I have been a fan of this man most of my life and even. 35 years ago as a teenager the word among rockers was that Ted's vice was not drugs but that he definetly was "appreciative" of his groupies.

As he wrote in his song stakes are high and so am I it's a free for all look out and I seem to recall one of his other songs saying somthing about smoking and I'm sure it was not a smoke love his music and I smoked alot in my days so who cares if he did just should not claim he never touched the stuff.

EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOCK SOMEONE DOWN TO A LEVEL OF WHERE THEY ARE ALL EQUAL REGARDLESS OF ACHIEVEMENT.

It's so sad. I went through this myself twice in my life. I was a respected member of my community because of what I had achieved and there was no lack of dead beats (who couldn't even get out of bed on time) to attack myself. I dont care if Ted is lying or not because his lie would be setting a higher bar...., rather than making excuses as to why drugs are o.k.

The scumbag effect in today's society is breath taking. For all those who feel better about being a lesser person by surrounding themselves with lesser people... you are weak.

He never wanted to be a rock star-well he achieved that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hcorrigall View Post
    He never wanted to be a rock star-well he achieved that!!!
    umm he has multiple songs that play daily on many different rock stations that are several decades old....dont know what your definition is or if this is sarcasm but...ya he is kind of a rock star dude.

Nugent or Pelosi/Reid????? I'll take Uncle Ted any day. Although he comes across as a lunatic at times, at least he's not fighting against guns or hunting like the far left zealots.

This
    V

Quote Originally Posted by otterlakexbow View Post
    Nugent or Pelosi/Reid????? I'll take Uncle Ted any day. Although he comes across as a lunatic at times, at least he's not fighting against guns or hunting like the far left zealots.

I love his music! But thats all. Way to much ego for me.And after some of the things he has done while hunting and been convicted of as far as I see it not the spokesman for hunting I want .

Teds never been a "hunter"...Hes just a "killer" with money. To be be a "hunter" you have to actually "hunt". As in there is a chance you could fail and the animal could win. Ted just goes from one pen to another killing pen raised animals. He seems like a great guy and someone who would be fun to be around, but a "hunter" he is not.

Very well put.Elkman

Ted uses too many adjectives
    '09 HCA Speed Pro
    '14 HCA Axis

High Country Archery-the fastest bows under warranty

Quote Originally Posted by elkman6x6 View Post
    Teds never been a "hunter"...Hes just a "killer" with money. To be be a "hunter" you have to actually "hunt". As in there is a chance you could fail and the animal could win. Ted just goes from one pen to another killing pen raised animals. He seems like a great guy and someone who would be fun to be around, but a "hunter" he is not.
    I really have to disagree with you there elkman6x6, actually he's just as much a hunter as most of these guys I watched on the Outdoor Channel this morning, and alot better than most. All things being equal I'll bet Ted could put just as much meat on the table as these guys you see boasting on TV weekly about the number of 200" animals they have taken. His true passion for the outdoors is rivaled by few, he also does a bunch for the outdoor and shooting communities. He is a little radical as of late, but thats Ted. The drug thing
    2013 ELITE ANSWER
    2015 HOYT Carbon Spyder 30ZT

DEAD CENTER / STOKERIZED / CBE / HHA / QAD / GOLDTIP / RAGE / CENTER CIRCLE STRINGS

Re: Ted Nugent Reveals Why He Never Wanted To Be A Rock Star

Quote Originally Posted by otterlakexbow View Post
    Nah.....he just dodges the draft. For no real reason (his own words)

Actually i think he said "he just easnt into it"

He also admitted to doing drugs to dodge the draft
    Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin Garceau

Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

" I wanna live....Tooth, fang, and Claw!!" He's on TV defending our rights, doing more than those of us on here just being snarky... I like him, I don't do ALL the things he does, but I enjoy doing the majority of what he does.

Well, for someone who didn't want to be a rock star he sure is good at it.
    Stone 6
    black x
    SUMMIT VIPER ELITE SD

Quote Originally Posted by jrdrees View Post
    " I wanna live....Tooth, fang, and Claw!!" He's on TV defending our rights, doing more than those of us on here just being snarky... I like him, I don't do ALL the things he does, but I enjoy doing the majority of what he does.
    agree^

Didnt go to his mothers funeral ( no class) after telling us how close he was to her and how much she supported him. I think Ted tends to remember things as he would have liked them to be, not how they were.

Hunting???

You are right he is about the same as the rest of those clowns...AND NONE OF THEM ARE "HUNTERS". The "hunting" is all done when they show up to do the "shooting" with their check book and a camera. Those guys wouldn't make it one day with me in the real world, and they would ALL GO HOME EMPTY ON PUBLIC GROUND. LOL! TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by BucksnBass525 View Post
    I really have to disagree with you there elkman6x6, actually he's just as much a hunter as most of these guys I watched on the Outdoor Channel this morning, and alot better than most. All things being equal I'll bet Ted could put just as much meat on the table as these guys you see boasting on TV weekly about the number of 200" animals they have taken. His true passion for the outdoors is rivaled by few, he also does a bunch for the outdoor and shooting communities. He is a little radical as of late, but thats Ted. The drug thing

I guess there's something wrong with me. I really like Uncle Ted. Especially enjoy watching him piss off the gun and hunting haters in some of his interviews., BTW, those folks aren't changing their minds, so don't say Ted hurts our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by elkman6x6 View Post
    and they would ALL GO HOME EMPTY ON PUBLIC GROUND. LOL! TRUTH
    I do that often... :/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast