Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery is For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by hitman846 View Post
    Wow! Good luck with your retirement, it is well deserved.
    Indeed

Many have asked. Does a scope and lens really help? Heck yes it does!! I miss a lot more accurately now.

I live in the Land of the Free, because of the BRAVE!!

Hope you have a good retirement, Gail. So what are your plans? Maybe you could go visit Tom Jennings down in Hondorus---Roatan to be specific. Sit around under a palm tree and have few cold ones and talk about the "good ole days". If so let me know. I'll buy a round or two.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

I shot the 2013 line...........it was awesome........without a doubt the best line yet. Really stepped it up!!!
    I just hope they make it to the point of selling and that the new owners (whoever it may be) really pump up the interest with martin and its a seamless transition.
    oh yah....keep joel!
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Uncle Ted , are you hearing this ?

Martin Archery is For Sale

I wish Gail the best. I wish all at Martin the best.

My only complaint with Martin has been quality. I hope this is turned around by whoever buys Martin or some how remains family owned.

Still have my 3rd Shadowcat and it's as accurate as ever and as accurate as any bow I've ever owned.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I wish Gail the best. I wish all at Martin the best.

My only complaint with Martin has been quality. I hope this is turned around by whoever buys Martin or some how remains family owned.

Still have my 3rd Shadowcat and it's as accurate as ever and as accurate as any bow I've ever owned.
    Wait tell the raiser starts moving

wonder what the asking price is.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Im not sure that anyone is going to want to buy them out whenever they have let their best staff, as well as their best shooters leave unhappy. As far as getting paid... looks like they've already made that decision and made it loud and clear what their true intentions are. As for Shawn, he'll have no problems finding someone to appreciate him for what he does best. As for Martin Archery, they are a great company with an excellent product line. Loved shooting and promoting their product, as I agreed to do. However, it also would have been nice if they had honored the contract that we agreed to. Good luck to Gail. Best wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawarcher View Post
    I hope Gail has a great retirement and wish him the best. It's a shame Shawn Hatem is no longer employed with them, he was the best person they had working for them. Just wondering if this sale means none of the pro staff will be receiving their money due for 2012 season??

Quote Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
    wonder what the asking price is.
    I just hope it's enough to pay me what they owe!

If they are going to sell i hope they get enough to pay me also. Like they have been telling me they would do for the past 6 months.If not I HOPE THEY DON'T GET A PENNY FOR IT. Maybe i should start my law suit now

I don't you should be able to sell and retire till you pay the people you owe!!! duh

Sad to see Martin being sold. I have owned about 9 in the past 3 years.

Martin Archery was a big part of my life. I hope who ever ends up with it does well. I'd love to get my hands on that library and archery collection. That needs to be saved.
    Don't overthink it; you might outsmart yourself. :

George Ryals IV
    Archery Learning Center
    Snellville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
    No disrespect meant - just adding to some of the other AT Classifieds humor already posted.
    I thought it was funny! I've never been a fan of Martin but wish him well.
    https://www.facebook.com/GreenRiverArchery

VaporTrail / T.R.U. Ball / Tight Spot / Stan / Black Eagle Arrows / Axcel / Copper John / QAD / Carter / Ripcord / E.A.P (Extreme Archery Products) / Sword Sights / TreeLimb Quivers / Scott / CBE / Solid Broadheads / Toxic Broadheads / BiPolar Broadheads

My first bowkill came from a martin. It was my first bow and it's still hanging down in the basement. Hope Martin Archery is able to be preserved throughout this!
    It's not over 'til it's over

Bummer

To all of the ex or current pro staffers whining about their money owed.Do you really think this is the time and or place to make public your grievances? pretty classless on many levels.You may have a legitimate gripe but that has nothing to do with the 96 YEAR OLD OWNER WANTING TO RETIRE.Get a life.I wish all of the Martin owners and family the best in their future endeavors.
    Obsession Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Archery View Post
    PRESS RELEASE

December 20, 2012, Walla Walla, WA:

The Martin family has decided to sell its sixty-two year old archery business. Gail Martin, the company’s founder and President turns ninety next year and has decided to retire.

Martin Archery has been a major player and innovator in the archery business for many years making multiple contributions to the growth of the industry.

Gail Martin said “It’s time! There are so many things I have wanted to do for many years and have reluctantly decided that running the business makes it impossible to do them. Whoever buys the business will get a slate of state-of-the-art bows and will inherit a rich tradition.”

Any interested persons are encouraged to contact Martin Archery at 509-529-2554 ext. 911 or e-mail MartinArcheryInc@gmail.com.

A little bit sad to read this !
    Martin Archery was in the past an innovator and well named whole over the world.

My respect to Gail, working until the age of 90, wow !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRIV View Post
    Martin Archery was a big part of my life. I hope who ever ends up with it does well. I'd love to get my hands on that library and archery collection. That needs to be saved.
    +1. The history that Martin Archery has is second to none.

Wishing Gail the best in retirement. You've earned it!
    My Bows-'14 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL/Two '09 Hoyt Ultra Elite/'10 Athens eXceed 300
    Wife - '06 Hoyt UltraTec/'09 UltraElite
    Son - '09 Hoyt UltraElite GTX/'13 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX/'14 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX
    USA Archery National Judge/ Level 4 NTS Coach

All the best wishes to Gail Martin in his retirement and the best of luck for whomever the new owner(s) of Martin Archery will be.
    '11 Hoyt Alpha Elite (Z5)--Field/FITA....'13 Hoyt PCE (Spirals)--Spots
    Member: NFAA....USA Archery....LOFT Archery Team....
    “There are only two types of player—those who keep their nerves under control and win championships, and those who do not.” ~Harry Vardon

Appreciate this forum which we wouldn't have if not for Martin Archery vision.

Lot of history at Martin Archery.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by coastiehunter2 View Post
    Ryan wont be takeing over I think erdman will. I know a local farmer was wanting to by them and I think surlock had a back up offer.
    If this is true, (offers already on the table) then why would they put a big for sale press release out?

I wonder how long they will continue to operate if not sold. There was a post on here the other day about going bankrupt and with some Martin staffer saying not true, all is good.
    Treat Lowballers like Terrorists -
    DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH EITHER!

Sonja said, if Joel says it's business as usual then believe him. Notice that she didn't offer her personal opinion on that. Guess there was something to the rumor after all.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...1904763&page=2

Offers or offer could've been on the table and it fell thru..........thus the press release.
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

The company has had good sales this year. My father just did not want to sell until now I think he has the right to retire at 89 years old The company will go on and everything will be available..
    I started Archery History and Archery Talk to give archers a good true source of information, to have archers ask and answer questions and solve problems, and to see many of the bows and ideas from the past. It is also a way for me to give back the sport.
    Archers Helping Archers. Most important - Enjoy shooting and have fun.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast