Archery Talk Forum banner

Martin Archery is For Sale

86K views 191 replies 131 participants last post by  archerdad 
#1 ·
PRESS RELEASE

December 20, 2012, Walla Walla, WA:

Martin Archery is For Sale

The Martin family has decided to sell its sixty-two year old archery business. Gail Martin, the company’s founder and President turns ninety next year and has decided to retire.

Martin Archery has been a major player and innovator in the archery business for many years making multiple contributions to the growth of the industry.

Gail Martin said “It’s time! There are so many things I have wanted to do for many years and have reluctantly decided that running the business makes it impossible to do them. Whoever buys the business will get a slate of state-of-the-art bows and will inherit a rich tradition.”

Any interested persons are encouraged to contact Martin Archery at 509-529-2554 ext. 911 or e-mail MartinArcheryInc@gmail.com.

#70 ·
All the best wishes to Gail Martin in his retirement and the best of luck for whomever the new owner(s) of Martin Archery will be.

#71 ·
Appreciate this forum which we wouldn't have if not for Martin Archery vision.

Lot of history at Martin Archery.
DB

#82 ·
Why would Martin advertise a multi-million dollar business on a public forum, and want to be contacted by a "free'' google mail email address. Surely they are not that hard up to sell they can't afford to pay there email host for a proper email address. And who retires at 90 to go and do the things they missed out on doing earlier in life.
I smell hoax!!

if its not hoax,

All the best in your retirement

#86 ·
I'll admit they have had some issues, but have you ever shot one from '07 or earlier? They were rock solid and innovative. Just look at this thread ad see the allegiance some still have for nitrous cams. I would think that there would be people in the industry interested in purchasing the company without a doubt.

#94 ·
So, there's one of two things going on with you... 1) you go to your job each day, spending your gas and your time and don't expect to get paid for it, even though you are helping someone else promote their product/service, out of the goodness of your heart, I suppose... OR (2)you are independently wealthy and think that it's not important to honor contracts that you have made with your workers and that the MAJOR expenses that they incur to promote your product is your good luck. Either way, if you are not a contracted shooter, I doubt that you really understand the expenses that are incurred and that you were told that you would be paid to off-set those expenses. If you are a contracted shooter, glad to hear that you don't need the money... the rest of us obviously do And seeing as they will not respond to any of our phone calls, emails or texts, regarding this situation, what better place to reach them? BTW, noticed that YOU were "CLASSLESS" enough to talk about it on here... Just saying. Also, we wished him a happy retirement and good luck to the company and family. Maybe you should go back and read the post again.
If me saying that this is not the thread to be calling out martin about gripes with your contract is classless then wow you really got me,good one.So you whine about your contract and then end it wishing good luck on retirement? good impression for any future companies you may want to shoot for to see.I'm not independently wealthy nor do I spend money on my job and not expect a check.There is a place and time to make those things public and discuss them.This isn't one of them.I'm sure that in your eyes though I'm crazy to you for saying this so keep saying whatever you need to for whatever justification you need.

#95 · (Edited)
Where's the annual Martin catalogue...? I opened it once and started to look at it. Did you ever have some talk your ear off, (like the Mrs)?. Making the small task real challenging to concentrate on the pages...lol

#101 ·
That is a decent design indeed, since it works. The trouble with 3-piece riser design only exists in the minds of some people.

Actually I have heard that part of the Martin 2013 lineup would be one piece constructions but I have not been able to confirm this. And I don't really care. I had a Hoyt CRX 32 which clearly had a 1-piece riser but terrible cam design (Fuel cams). I made the right choice selling it and buying a Martin Onza 3 instead. The cam behaviour is something that does matter with a bow - not some imaginary issues with riser's construction. Who got the idea in the first place that there would be any trouble? Same old song time and time again here at AT.

The whole discussion about risers is off-topic, of course, so I'm sorry about that on my part.

#106 ·
There are two Pete's, Sr. and Junior. Sr. is still the majority owner from what I understand, but Pete jr. Runs the day to day company now.

#107 ·
My first compound bow was a Martin Bobcat sorry to hear the news.

#111 ·
Hope someone goods gets them (teddy this means you) and then they get back to better fit and finish and good customer service something they unfortunately got away from the last 10 years
I hope they do well Id hate to see them go
i have had nothing but outstanding service from Martin. Many others on here praising their CS. why are you bad-mouthing the customer service? as to the the fit and finish might have a point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.