Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Martin Archery is For Sale

I don't think I would wait too long. First good offer and I would be retirement bound!

Don't take it so serious!

I hope who ever buys it keeps it American made and don't start out sourcing to Mexico or China
    2014 Black CST 55/65#
    2014 Black CST 55/65#
    2014 Black AP Xtra CST 60/70#
    2014 Black Snow CST 60/70#

any truth to the rumors that they are planning on closing up shop within the next couple of weeks?
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

At this point does anyone really care?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by misterfell View Post
    At this point does anyone really care?

Somebody must or this thread wouldn't have 180 posts.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

I care...

Great company, great products.

Not care about an American company that is one of the original founding archery companies and is still in business but struggling? Sounds like someone doesn't care about America.

As stated above, great products.
    USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#, 30",ACC- 390's Davis sight, FITA ring,
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

Quote Originally Posted by Fury90flier View Post
    Not care about an American company that is one of the original founding archery companies and is still in business but struggling? Sounds like someone doesn't care about America.

X2 on what Fury90flier said. Archery wouldn't be what it is today without companies like Martin archery. It will be a sad, sad day for sport of archery if they don't make it through this.
    Owner Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by Fury90flier View Post

America was built around quality products which this company has not produced in along time!sorry but I've owned many martin bows but they drove the company into the ground not me..

they will live on, there name is too big not to go on

Ted is much too busy eating waffles these days. There might be hope though....
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

I'll add my $.02.,, I've owned bows from mathews, hoyt, and martin.. All good products.. I always keep going back to martin. My last purchase was a 2012 Martin Silencer and I couldn't be happier. For the price I paid I have a great shooting bow that fits me well. I'm on a budget like most people, and I found quality and value in their product.

Quote Originally Posted by misterfell View Post
    America was built around quality products which this company has not produced in along time!sorry but I've owned many martin bows but they drove the company into the ground not me..

That may be true, but what does the archery world gain by them going under. Maybe think about all the employees out of a job if it happens, how would that make you feel then if your job was on the line and nobody cared. Times are mighty tough right now and being unemployed is not a good thing even if you don't shoot their brand of bow, personally i don't want to see another pioneer go down or anyone else looking for a job in this economy.
    ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ....

Quote Originally Posted by jjtrain44 View Post
    That may be true, but what does the archery world gain by them going under. Maybe think about all the employees out of a job if it happens, how would that make you feel then if your job was on the line and nobody cared. Times are mighty tough right now and being unemployed is not a good thing even if you don't shoot their brand of bow, personally i don't want to see another pioneer go down or anyone else looking for a job in this economy.
    The name will carry on some one will buy them and engineer quality bows again..

Probably not possible financially or we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhunter View Post
    Just wondering and it's really none of my business, but why doesn't anyone within the family want to run the company?

Martin is a very well known name in the archery industry. On the name alone I don't think they will have to hard of a time selling it if the price is right.

company may be loaded up with too much debt for anyone to be able to see how it can recover...just speculating.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678