Archery Talk Forum banner

Martin Archery is For Sale

86K views 191 replies 131 participants last post by  archerdad 
#1 ·
PRESS RELEASE

December 20, 2012, Walla Walla, WA:

Martin Archery is For Sale

The Martin family has decided to sell its sixty-two year old archery business. Gail Martin, the company’s founder and President turns ninety next year and has decided to retire.

Martin Archery has been a major player and innovator in the archery business for many years making multiple contributions to the growth of the industry.

Gail Martin said “It’s time! There are so many things I have wanted to do for many years and have reluctantly decided that running the business makes it impossible to do them. Whoever buys the business will get a slate of state-of-the-art bows and will inherit a rich tradition.”

Any interested persons are encouraged to contact Martin Archery at 509-529-2554 ext. 911 or e-mail MartinArcheryInc@gmail.com.

#3 ·
Wow. My first bow was a Martin Cougar Magnum. I hope whoever gets their hands on the company does well by them. I'd like to see them become a force in the industry once again.

#72 ·
If this is true, (offers already on the table) then why would they put a big for sale press release out?

I wonder how long they will continue to operate if not sold. There was a post on here the other day about going bankrupt and with some Martin staffer saying not true, all is good.

#20 ·
Not the fella i would take business advice from.....lol

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

#16 ·
i haven't been able to confirm this "press release" through other sources. makes me wonder if this is just another AT rumor. nothing about it on Martin's web site other than a thread referring back to this AT posting.

hmm....since Martin started AT will it go away when the company is sold?

#23 ·
I hope the new owner of Martin Archery keeps the current name and history of this pioneering company. I do hope that we do not loose an Ameican influence in the Archery Industry. Gail, I wish you a happy retirement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.