Thread: PSE Carrera

PSE Carrera

Hey guys. Im new to the bow world. There is a guy willing to sell me a PSE Carrera with wrist strap, release, D-loop, peep sight, stabalizer, sights, quiver, 5 arrows and a hard shell case for $275. I also can buy a PSE Supra with all of the above with no case for $895. I have shot the supra a lot and love it. I do want the newer bow but that $275 is way more in my price range. Is the Carrera a good bow? Would it be a good first bow? I cant find much info on it. Thanks guys!

PSE Carrera was made from 99-01. Make sure the draw length is correct, cams or mods are going to be hard to come by. Option A: offer $150.00, Option B:keep saving and buy a MUCH nicer bow in the classies off of here.

I had a 99 Carrera OR, which was the first year they made it. Its IBO was 330 fps and was the fastest thing on the planet that year. Mine had 70-80 lb limbs, and I shot a lot of 3d with it at 75lbs. I was using 2413's that weighed about 420grs. They were going 315 thru the chrono. It had 65% letoff and was a beast to say the least. Save your bucks, the old bows from 12-15 years ago don't even compare to todays. They brought them out with some different cam options the next year, but I don't remember without looking back at the old PSE book from 2000 what they were
    2010 PSE X Force Omen- 2012 Dream Season EVO- 2013 Supra Max

$275 sounds like a good price but I would save up for the Supra.
    PSE Brute-X 70lb @ 30", QAD HDX, 60x Strings

look on the classifieds on here for a supra I have one on there that is my personal target bow. I have an archery shop and just didn't have time to shoot it. You can buy a year old Supra on the classifieds from $500-$600 pretty much any day of the week.

I had a Carrera riser made with Maxis MN twin cams, in 80 pounds that came on G-Force bows back around 1999 or 2000. Bow was a big hog's nitemare and would devastate anything in its path. Problem is it had that typical cam slap,thunk sound. Great bow for sure for brute power. However no doubt,save for a bow thats from today. The technology doesn't even compare. Heck you can get one of those PSE BowMadness' for around $500. They shoot too!
    Acts 10:13
    <+><