a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Anyone ever shoot a Winchester xbow?

Anyone ever shoot a Winchester xbow?

I'm somewhat interested in one of these but I can't find anyone on the web that's shot or even held one of these. Would be nice to get some feedback from somone that owns one but they sure don't seem very popular.

Awesome line of crossbows. Really compact, fast and very quiet. They have several Hawke Scope packages you can pick from. The Stallion is my favorite of their line.

they are decent, but for the price they are in a competitive price range, they are good quality no doubt but id rather get a strykezone,camx,barnettghost 350, ten point, before I pay that price for a Winchester

I shot a Blaze about 10 days ago, had the worst trigger on any crossbow, rifle, shotgun, or military weapon I have ever shot. That trigger pull was unreal heavy, no creep and broke OK, but it was almost a two finger pull. Seriously! Not fond of heavy triggers, even if they don't have creep. I'll take a creepy light trigger any day.

I didn't bother to shoot the Bronco that was hanging next to it. Two shots on the Blaze were enough to last a lifetime.

The bow seemed to be decently built, but there are better alternatives out there for less money, IMO.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Trigger is not supposed to be that way..

yeah they should stick to guns :P , I shot a Winchester compound, its was decent but not anything I would buy

But it was!
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

There are other much more expensive crossbows with triggers that are ......not how they are supposed to be.
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

a barnett really i would have thought better than a line that has not had a significant history of poor componets would be more
    appropo........illl have to check one out now.

Bargain Bin

I just shot the new Steed, trigger was light, about 3 lbs. bow was well balanced, fast and I put 3 bolts inside a half dollar at 30 yds. I bought it and it came with a beautiful case, it was free.
    What sold me was two things. Made in the USA and it has a transferable lifetime warranty.
    I'm not sure what Ventilator was shooting but he sounds more like a manufacturer competitor than an actual crossbow hunter. One more thing, I shot the Bronco and Stallion also and they were equally as impressive. Better get some oxygen put into your Ventilator, instead of what ever it is that your inhaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventilator150 View Post
    I shot a Blaze about 10 days ago, had the worst trigger on any crossbow, rifle, shotgun, or military weapon I have ever shot. That trigger pull was unreal heavy, no creep and broke OK, but it was almost a two finger pull. Seriously! Not fond of heavy triggers, even if they don't have creep. I'll take a creepy light trigger any day.

I didn't bother to shoot the Bronco that was hanging next to it. Two shots on the Blaze were enough to last a lifetime.

The bow seemed to be decently built, but there are better alternatives out there for less money, IMO.

The true test is to go out and shoot one yourself - as opinions certainly vary!

I have shot them and other brands aswell, I feel the winchesters are one of the nicer bows. The trigger was a little heavy but broke well and the bow (stallion) was relatively quiet. They come with a free case and are competitively priced. I have a SZ380 but if I was looking to buy this year the Winchester would be on top of the list for sure.
    Northern Dutchess Archery
    Hoyt Carbon spyder 30
    Hoyt Alphamax 32
    Easton.
    Strike Zone 380

i did not care for these bows. To top heavy,and trigger was crap.

Just a burnt out bow junkie

Just bought the Stallion from Cabelas and the price was reduced about $350. I have been shooting it for about a week now and I am really impressed. Compared to shooting the Barnett Ghost 385 and the 410 , The Stallion is by far quieter and more of a solid feeling after the shot not vibrating and tinney sound like the 410. Compared to the Tenpoint line , The Stallion is by far better construction in fit and finish than the Stealth SS and the TurboXLT ll.Lifetime warranty fantastic scope, top quality construction.

I have been shooting my Winchester crossbow for 2 weeks now . Here is a picture after getting the scope dialed in . This is from 60 yards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have had my Winchester Stallion for over 2 months now and have had no problems what so ever. I shot well over 300 bolts through it and it still looks and feels like the first shot. No string or cable wear , trigger still crisp and breaks clean. The scope is phenomenal with the lighted reticle.The screw that holds one side of the safety seemed loose so I removed it , applied threadlock and has been good since. I recently bought the Plano Manta crossbow case , fits the stallion perfect with the scope on , only had to remove quiver to put the bow in. Its a big bulky case but it has a lot of room for the bow and accesories.