a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: bear apprentice weight adjustment question

bear apprentice weight adjustment question

I bought my daughter a bear apprentice youth bow.Its supposed to have a 20 pound draw weight range but thers a sticker that says back the limbs out no more than 3 rounds.Does the draw length adjustment affect the weight that much?

my daughter has one and I am pretty sure you can go at least 6 turns-check your manuel it tells in there somewhere.

I believe 3 turns is all they want to be backed out on those bolts. It may go out 6 turns, but don't call them if and when that thing comes apart on someone.
    Yes the draw length affect the weight that much. It's kind of decieving the way the tag reads on that bow.

Yes, draw length effects the poundage on those bows.
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

I got my son the apprentice for Christmas his says 6 turns but his bow has 40 lb adjustment 20 to 60

adjustment-range-full.jpg

Here's the draw length and max poundage chart for that bow.
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

thanks for the info.i was going by a sticker on the riser that says no more than 3 turns out.Thanks for the chart xforcegirl.I didnt get a manual with it because i got it at an overstock store in our area.

I think the tag on that bow now says 15-60 lbs unless you got the regular apprentice and not the apprentice 2. I've had them down to under 20 lbs at lengths below 21". The limb bolts are very long on that bow so you can go at least 6 turns.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    Bear Motive 6
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

its the regular apprentice,not the aprentice 2.is 3 turns the max you can back em out?

No you can back them out a good bit. I'm not sure why it says 3 turns. That's what it says on my Anarchy. There isn't any way you would get down to 20 lbs even at 15" with only 3 turns off. You're very safe with 6 turns at most draw lenghts.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    Bear Motive 6
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

thanks thats the info i was looking for.i just need about 1 or 2 more turns to get her shooting.thanks again everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntinsker View Post
    No you can back them out a good bit. I'm not sure why it says 3 turns. That's what it says on my Anarchy. There isn't any way you would get down to 20 lbs even at 15" with only 3 turns off. You're very safe with 6 turns at most draw lenghts.

I picked up one of these in the Cabela's bargain cave. It was brand new and I guess they are making room for the Apprentice 3s. I got the all pink camo one for my daughter and she loves the look of it. However, at 17" draw length the most the Cabela's shop would turn the weight down was to 27lbs, told me it wasn't safe to go more than 3 turns or something. ?? I'd like to get it closer to 20. Is it safe to give it a few more turns? Chart seems to indicate I have room to go. Shop guy also told me I could find some longer limb bolts and that would allow me to decrease the draw weight. Any idea where I could find some of those?

Thanks!