Thread: Switchback, Switchback XT, vs Helium or Creed

Switchback, Switchback XT, vs Helium or Creed

I am new to bow hunting and have heard good things on the Switchback and XT, I did a search on Archery talk and found discussions on how nice these Switchbacks are but the comments were all from 2009. The comments were great but I was wondering how these 2 bows compare to the newer bows,
    Helium and Creed. Your comments if you have shot both/all are appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kremerd View Post
    I am new to bow hunting and have heard good things on the Switchback and XT, I did a search on Archery talk and found discussions on how nice these Switchbacks are but the comments were all from 2009. The comments were great but I was wondering how these 2 bows compare to the newer bows,
    Helium and Creed. Your comments if you have shot both/all are appreciated. Thanks
    switck xt was one of mathews better bow's but personally it cant compete with the newer bow speeds. I have the z7 extreme and its an awsome little bow//
    Yoohoo. I'll make you famous!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyboy View Post
    switck xt was one of mathews better bow's but personally it cant compete with the newer bow speeds. I have the z7 extreme and its an awsome little bow//
    In what ways can it not compete? Please enlighten me. Speed is not the only way to measure a bow. I have shot them all and Mathews still has not topped the Switchback models. They have developed faster bows but not better. Those bows are accurate and bomb proof. And for a hunting bow, there is nothing better.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyboy View Post
    I will agree that the z7E is a great little bow and I just ordered a new ZXT myself. But people are not complaining on AT for Mathews to produce a new 28 inch bow. They want a 33 inch Switchback with a touch more speed. And Mathews has not produced it. They just can't top those Switchback models.

Still have my 2006 SBXT. Everything about it is better than my Z7 except for the speed.
    Steve

"It's a Navy Seal type bow. It works by pulling it back and shooting it."

Quote Originally Posted by westksbowhunter View Post
    I will agree that the z7E is a great little bow and I just ordered a new ZXT myself. But people are not complaining on AT for Mathews to produce a new 28 inch bow. They want a 33 inch Switchback with a touch more speed. And Mathews has not produced it. They just can't top those Switchback models.
    I like my extreme better than the switchback XT .. I guess it's a personal decesion.. I just wish they would change the waffle riser..
    Yoohoo. I'll make you famous!

I've got a SBXT and a Z7. I don't find them all that different, but I've only had the z7 a couple months. To me, the z7 feels a little 'smoother' in the draw, but I'm still more comfortable and more accurate yet with the SBXT at this time.
    '11 Z7
    '06 Switchback XT
    '04 Bowtech Patriot

The word of the day is..... Backstraps!