Archery Talk Forum banner

most forgiving hunting bows..

3K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  having fun now 
#1 ·
ok, ive been a trad guy for a few years now. my dad shoots compound and needs a more forgiving bow. what do you all think are the best options? a more generous valley would be a great start for him i know, he struggles with that part. what do you all recommend??

#4 ·
Anything with a large brace height is going to be the most forgiving. My choice is the Bowtech General with over 8 inches of Brace height. :thumbs_up

#7 ·
bowtech guardian,any bow that has a 7 plus brace height and longer ata will be forgiving

7.125 "

33.75 "

25 " - 30.5 "

40 lbs - 80 lbs

317 fps - 325 fps

4.2 lbs

65% - 80%

7.25 "

33.75 "

25 " - 30.5 "

40 lbs - 70 lbs

320 fps - 328 fps

4.2 lbs

65% - 80%

#11 ·
Mathews Z9 will be a very forgiving bow. In general you want to find a bow the a brace height of 7 inches or more and an ATA of 32 inches or greater. You can also get more forgiveness by shooting aluminum arrows with feathers. Bow with a low brace height will naturally lead to a stronger likelihood of hand torque. A short ATA bow will likely few less stable and more difficult to hold on target. These however are only general rules and subject to exceptions.

#13 ·
The 2012 Strother Wrath basically shoots itself. It's 8" brace height is sweet and it's as smooth as anything out there.

#14 ·
Read through this………its good info. Too many folks think the facts are well…..not facts but they are.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm#15-speedvforgiveness

I LOVE a forgiving bow and as a hunter that’s always top on my list. I just got a MR8 33” ATA 8inch brace height and closer to a straighter riser than just about ant thing out there these days.

The tradeoff usually is speed…..but luckily I’m not really concerned with that.

#16 ·
I wont suggest one brand or one bow but will give you what to look for.
Brace height 7 inches plus
ATA at the minimum 36 inches but better with one in the 38 to 40 inch class
Stay away from there extreme radical cams
Stay away from the super speed bows.
Also if he doesnt have a lot of experience with tuning you may want to go with a one cam though for forgivness dual cams are just as good
If he stays in side these perimeters he will find a bow that is easy to shoot and tune

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.