Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bow of the year is. . . . ???

2013 Bow of the year is. . . . ???

For those that have attended this years ATA show, what is your opinion on your choice of the bow of the year so far? And it would be interesting also from fellow AT members to hear your thoughts also! Seems like some tough competition out there from all these different bow companies!

My choice was a 2013 Pse Revenge..But there seems to be Great bows from every company..As usual...Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

A lot of people seemed to like the Prime bows this year.
    What you see going by is a shadow... you've got to live in front of your eyes.

For me it's the Spyder Turbo! First Hoyt I've ever owned.

Most disappointing for me was the DNA, I only say that because everyone on here seems to love it and I had high hopes, but it's draw cycle is not for me, and didn't like how it held at full draw.

bear
    mine 2010 exceed 300 white/vista 70lbs gt expo/xt hunter surloc ss -\LD micro elite--
    wife 2009 accomplice 32 black/vista 50lbs sureloc LWQC2 LD micro elite gt kinetic xt
    daughter Diamond Atomic silver/black xxx, rug rats, razorback arrows

Ok-Archery bow was a big hit with the guys I saw and talk to who shot it.

Craftsmanship and no cam lean. Dont need it and dont want it.

Bows built right.
    DB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by BJ3 View Post

Most disappointing for me was the DNA, I only say that because everyone on here seems to love it and I had high hopes, but it's draw cycle is not for me, and didn't like how it held at full draw.
    Can you tell us why you were disappointed in the DNA?
    '10 Black Axe 6, RipCord Code Red, Stokerized, 30", 62lb, Easton Flatline Surgical 367gr, 309fps
    '92 HCA Extreme - when I want to scare what I'm shooting at (LOUD)

I shot every flagship bow at the show yesterday. With an open mind the bow that blew me away was the G5 prime bows.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ3 View Post

I Might pick up a Hoyt Spyder in the Summer or a Charger both bows caught my eye over the Dna as well...Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

Either the PSE DNA or Prime Impact/Defy. All other bows were just a flop compared to them.

any thoughts on the Win&Win carbon compound bow that was at the show? Great responses so far guys!

I was also disappointed in pse because they show up with 49# bow only. Really? Everything feels good at 49#'s

Quote Originally Posted by bgbowhunter View Post
    I shot every flagship bow at the show yesterday. With an open mind the bow that blew me away was the G5 prime bows.
    Wow! I think G5 Prime bows was a sleeper last year...looks like they'll be turning some heads more!

2013 Bow of the year is. . . . ???

Quote Originally Posted by pingpring View Post
    Can you tell us why you were disappointed in the DNA?
    Didn't he say he didn't like the draw cycle?

the 2011 Invasion is the 2013 bow of the year......lol
    but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....Romans 8

13 Hoyt Matrix G3.

Quote Originally Posted by dougedwards View Post
    the 2011 Invasion is the 2013 bow of the year......lol
    nah. the 2011 invasion is still junk.

Quote Originally Posted by konablue View Post
    any thoughts on the Win&Win carbon compound bow that was at the show? Great responses so far guys!
    pics of this?

I shot nearly every flagship bow at the show on Tuesday, and I was honestly very surprised by which one I was most impressed with. For me, and my buddy with me, the Bear Empire absolutely took the cake. We first shot the Motive 7 and each had a simultaneous "whoah" reaction to how nice it was, then I picked up the Empire next and had a serious "whoah" moment. It blew me away. So smooth, so quiet, and the absolute deadest in the hand by a mile of all the bows that I shot. The only three brands that I did not shoot were PSE, Martin, and Darton. I honestly didn't expect a single cam to blow my mind, but it certainly did. I kinda want one now.... hahaha dangit
    '13 Hoyt Spyder Turbo, Black Out
    '10 Bowtech Destroyer 340, Black Ops

Quote Originally Posted by team-A&S View Post
    bear
    yup, the nay sayers are only because they have not shot them. unlike all the other companies who have only made minor changes and added a new graphic or two to previous years models, Bear completely revamped their line and imo came up with the best line of bows this year. I have already started seeing threads on here about others giving up their Hoyt carbon bows and even one saying he is getting rid of his brand new PSE DNA because it is not as good of a shooter as his Motive 6.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

http://youtu.be/MfHXo2Od5Ys

Video of the Win&Win carbon compound.

2013s I have tryed

Hoyt: Spyder 30, Spyder 34, Element G3
    Mathews: Creed, Chill
    PSE: DNA
    Strother: Wrath SHO
    Obsession: Knightmare
    Prime: Defy, Impact

My pick so far is the Knightmare
    Bear: Motive 6, Motive 7

Bear bows are getting some serious attention this year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bgbowhunter View Post
    I was also disappointed in pse because they show up with 49# bow only. Really? Everything feels good at 49#'s
    Marketing gimmick. Crazy to not allow guys to shoot what they may want to order. Really disappointed too.
    "winners and losers are self determined but only the winners are willing to admit it"
    " you don't have to be on a southern plantation to be a slave, if you are dependent on government entitlements you just have a different slave owner"

Anyone else shoot the bear motive versus the empire and what were your thoughts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast