Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bow of the year is. . . . ???

DNA...but at a lower draw weight than what I would shoot if I had a different bow.

If your form is spot on this bow can literally work some magic...

The Prime bows look great and draw really nice, as for Hoyt I don't like the Spyder at all because the Charger isn't that much different and it's almost half the price! I would never get a Spyder for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bgbowhunter View Post
    I was also disappointed in pse because they show up with 49# bow only. Really? Everything feels good at 49#'s
    Serious?
    PSE PRO STAFF

Trophy Ridge Pro Staff * Rocket Aeroheads Pro Staff * Vortex Optics Pro Staff * The Buck Bomb Pro Staff

2013 Bow of the year is. . . . ???

Hoyt carbon g 3

Quote Originally Posted by bgbowhunter View Post
    I was also disappointed in pse because they show up with 49# bow only. Really? Everything feels good at 49#'s

I agree. I shot it a couple times and said wow that does not seem anywhere near 60 or 70#s and the guy said oh well its not it is only 50. Haha i said well that makes a difference and asked for a 70 and he said they only brought 50s??????? Oh well shoots good at 50 though lol
    2014 Bowtech Carbon Overdrive, HHA, Limbdriver Pro V, AEP, Goldtip Ultralight, Stan Element

Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
    Serious?
    At the ATA yes
    2014 Bowtech Carbon Overdrive, HHA, Limbdriver Pro V, AEP, Goldtip Ultralight, Stan Element

I did not have time to shoot the bear or prime sounds like I should have. I did shoot hoyt, pse, elite, mathews, and bowtech. Of those I liked the experience on smoothness and the DNA if I was going for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechnow View Post
    I agree. I shot it a couple times and said wow that does not seem anywhere near 60 or 70#s and the guy said oh well its not it is only 50. Haha i said well that makes a difference and asked for a 70 and he said they only brought 50s??????? Oh well shoots good at 50 though lol
    Seems like a Dumb move not to bring 60-70 Lbs Bows to the show as well,Almost like there not wanting people to try the heavier draw...Grizz
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"
    "I always thought of this as God's country."

-Jack Granatstein

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan1980 View Post
    Seems like a Dumb move not to bring 60-70 Lbs Bows to the show as well,Almost like there not wanting people to try the heavier draw...Grizz
    Yeah I should have asked why not. But did not think about it until I was walking away. Only had one day to be down there and tried seeing as much as I could. Looks pretty BA though

My top three IMO at the ATA were
    Obsession Knightmare
    PSE DNA
    G5 Defy
    HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC
    CUSTOM BOW SLINGS, RANGEFINDER LANYARDS, BINOCULAR LANYARDS, NECK LANYARDS, SURVIVAL BRACELETS, DOG COLLARS, KEY FOBS
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK-HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES, LLC PRO STAFF- TEAM MICHIGAN

Yeah I should have asked why not. But did not think about it until I was walking away. Only had one day to be down there and tried seeing as much as I could. Looks pretty BA though
    Dna does not really interested me for some reason..I am going to go another way this year..I Picked up a 2013 Revenge,But cant see myself forking out more for the Dna..I Really like the Hoyt Spyder and Charger...Grizz
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"

-Jack Granatstein

My 2012 Matrix...lol
    I eat tomorrows trophies today

Are the Bear bows still using the same limbs as last year ?? Because I have had quite a few of them in the shop with broken limbs, seems to be quite an issue with them !!
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30
    Hoyt Pro Comp Elite GTX
    www.bowhunt.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan1980 View Post
    Dna does not really interested me for some reason..I am going to go another way this year..I Picked up a 2013 Revenge,But cant see myself forking out more for the Dna..I Really like the Hoyt Spyder and Charger...Grizz
    I shot both the spyder 30 and the 34 turbo and liked the 34 better.

I shot both the spyder 30 and the 34 turbo and liked the 34 better.
    I Like 32" and under but would like to shoot both first,Hard being a Lefty but i also want to try a few elites and a Bowtech..Grizz
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"

-Jack Granatstein

Prime defy

Red arrow archery llc staff Team Illinois

The new bears are the real deal.its going to be tight race between the bears,DNA and prime bows.what did everybody think of the evo max?
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards .

Quote Originally Posted by pingpring View Post
    Can you tell us why you were disappointed in the DNA?
    I thought I did, the draw cycle wasn't good, I don't have to have a perfect draw cycle but the DNAs was unusually bad and would not be a pleasure to shoot, worse than the EVO that I shot and loved. I didn't like how it held at full draw, not sure if it is the 70% letoff, but it never bothered me on the other X Forces I've shot the past few years, this was the only new PSE I shot.

I did shoot Bears side by side with the Spyder Turbo I bought and the DNA and have to say I was surprisingly impressed as well. I like a little longer ATA so the Motive was just a little too short for me. But it shot and felt great.

Wasn't at ATA but had a chance to draw the DNA. At 60lbs, it was a horrible draw cycle...IMO. Not dogging PSE just didn't like that bow.

Quote Originally Posted by INarcher711 View Post
    Wasn't at ATA but had a chance to draw the DNA. At 60lbs, it was a horrible draw cycle...IMO. Not dogging PSE just didn't like that bow.
    It reminds me of the reviews on the 2009 Gx cams..Some loved ,some hated the cam..Thats why everybody is different..Gx cam was not my favourite Pse Cam...Grizz
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"

-Jack Granatstein

Strother Wrath SHO
    2013 Strother Wrath SHO, Limbdriver, Trophy Ridge Cypher 5, Rage Extreme, GT Hunter XT
    Proud Southpaw!
    Offical member of team Bows before Hoes!!
    LOL @ Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by konablue View Post
    http://youtu.be/MfHXo2Od5Ys

Video of the Win&Win carbon compound.
    Really really want. Are there any win and win dealers on ata?

I was really impressed with the Stevens and the Xpedition line.
    New Breed Genetix split limb 70lbs 28" Black
    New Breed Cyborg 50 lbs 28"

" Sticks and stones may break my bones , but Bows and arrows excite me!"

Lil early!!!

I cant wait to get the DNA, if it really is like the GX, I loved that bow from 09! I shot the Bear motive 6 last night and it was unreal at full draw and very smooth until you u let go... That has some of the worst hand shock and vibration I've felt in a bow. Man I wish that didn't happen at the end of the shot, that was a deal breaker for me. Still might try it with a different stabilizer and see how it is, cuz that bow is an A+ until the shot!
    PSEdream season DnA 2013 skullworks
    Bowtech Experience aka "the best bow I've shot"
    Bear Agenda 7 shadow series
    QAD HDX, Axcel Armourtech/HHA slider
    Easton FMJs/Injexions with Rage Xtremes! !!

Still waiting on Athens...

Elite has won my vote this year... Winners Choice strings, better Barnsdale limbs, Cerekote, Plus the best back wall & WARRANTY in the business!
    Athens Testament on the way....* Spot Hogg Boss Hogg * QAD HDX * Doinker Unity Hunter * Whalens Hooker Releases * Easton Flatline 400 * Core Archery Custom Strings * Bushnell Optics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast