Archery Talk Forum banner

PSE Tac Elite xbow...

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Tac15dealer.com 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the PSE Tac Elite xbow? I'm thinking about getting one.

Specs:
Speed - 405-395 (425 gr bolt)
KE - 155ft lbs (425 gr bolt)
Peak weight - 150lbs
Width - 22" Cam to cam
ATA at brace - 17"
powerstroke - 17 1/4"
Mass weight - 9 lbs
Length - 41 1/2 to 45" (adjustable stock)

Was told by PSE that the Tac Elite will hold a 3" group at 100 yrds (hard to believe)

#4 ·
i would believe it. Check out the you tube video of it at 100yrds....3" might be modest a poster on here a few years back had 1 1/2 " group at 100 yrds.

#5 ·
My TAC15i will shoot under 3" at 100, even better with Aerobolts.

#6 ·
it is the longest (41 inches) crossbow on the market and it is so front heavy i don't think you should shoot off hand at wild game with it. if you want to pound targets all day put a bi-pod on it and have at it. if you are looking for a hi-performance bow to hunt with buy a scorpyd ventilator. it's shorter, very well balanced and will do 400fps with a 400 gr arrow. check out this guy, i'm sure he will have what you need. www.wyverncreations.com.

#7 ·
My TAC 15i (predecessor to TAC Elite) put 6 arrows into 1.875 inches on my third day shooting it back in 2010 when I was testing it for the TAC 15 review article I was about to write for PSE.

The TAC Elite and its brother model the TAC Ordnance will have the same performance in accuracy and power. The Elite is the "integrated" model. Meaning it is complete with trigger and stock. The Ordnance model instead attaches in 20 seconds to an AR15 lower.

This 2013 upgrade to the TAC line has quite a few significant engineering improvements that will make it even more user friendly and durable.

I have had an hours-long private tour of PSE's plant in Arizona. I have met and watched the actual workers who machine and assemble the TAC crossbows. I have had unfettered access in person and by phone and email with the TAC project engineers from PSE for almost 3 years. Most recently just a couple days ago. Using information gleaned from those discussions I will be writing a review (really a preview) on the new Elite/Ordnance models. The article will be published on my website in a week or two.

No one yet knows just when they will start shipping but I was promised the first one out the door in order to complete my analysis and report on it. We also have a large number of units ordered for our store. PSE tells me we sell more TAC's than any other dealer in their entire system.

c5ken, if you are interested in learning more, our TAC 15 sub-forum (short cut and easy to remember url is: www.TAC15forum.com ) has hundreds of technical threads discussing the bows and how to optimize performance with them. We get over 1,000 different TAC users visiting that sub-forum each month to share and to learn. We have some incredibly sharp forum members who share their cutting edge ideas for this xbow.

We have sought out the best accessories out there for our LRH Store to further support this xbow. Some of them are after-market specialized items made just for the TAC series of xbows.

We also feel we probably know more than any other TAC dealer out there about warranty maintenance and we do an outstanding job of taking care of our many hundreds of TAC customers. We stock common warranty parts and usually can get the TAC back out the door within 24 to 48 hours. I might add, many thousands have been sold by PSE and the % needing warranty work is VERY small but we deal with many hundreds of our original customers plus some who bought their xbow elsewhere. It's really hard for us not to care when the guy on the phone tells us he just saw the biggest buck in his neighborhood and hopes he can get a repair part or service really soon. We are hunters. We understand.

And if one of the small % is YOURS, you will appreciate how fast and competently we handle your needs.

Sometimes people call us because PSE was unable to answer an unusual technical question and have said: "Call Len or Andy at Long Range Hunting." We answer questions from non-customers as helpfully as for those who bought theirs from us. 920-379-2020 7 days a week. I have answered calls while sitting in my deer stand a few times. I missed an opportunity at the nicest buck of the year in 2011 doing that! :cry:

We are currently taking orders, first come first served. We'd love to work with you.

Len Backus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.