Archery Talk Forum banner

Hunting Short Film

2K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  Decker55 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to take a minute to share with everyone a short film I've been working on the last several months. I've made hunting shorts in the past, but they were your typical hunting short with me trying to kill a deer. There was really no back story, story line, or theme to the video.

I wanted to do something a little bit different this year, and actually telling a story and portray a message with this year's film. Below is the result. Just a tip, to enjoy the film to it's full potential you must turn down the lights, turn up your headphones, and watch the video in full screen. That's all I ask! :teeth:

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and comments.

Enjoy!

#2 ·
Truly Awesome! Nice work man, it looks a lot like how sitka makes there videos. I can tell there are a lot of ties with that land to the hunter!

#3 ·
This is very good work other than the Jack Daniels bottle, but that is just me. You are very talented a lot like Jeff Simpson at Fence Post Films http://www.fencepostfilms.com/

#4 ·
Thanks footballstar and WDB! Having my work compared to the likes of Sitka and Jeff Simpson is a HUGE compliment. Jeff Simpson is actually one of the guys who inspired me to pick up a camera and pursue this type of work in the first place, and I watch each and every Sitka film they release looking for inspiration and pure enjoyment.

#15 ·
Thanks everyone! Again, being compared to HB is a huge compliment, so thank you. I also pull quite a bit of inspriation from their show. It's actually one of the few shows I watch.

Bowhunter - Thanks for looking out, but no worries! I had a tree hopper on in that shot, but since I was wearing a black shirt and the stand was in the way you couldn't see it. Trust me, I never hang or hunt without a lineman's belt and safety harness.

About 95% of this was filmed with a Canon 7D and Canon L-series lenses. Couple of the shots (coyote and buck footage) was shot with a Sony AX2000. I also filmed the majority of this by myself except the shots where I used a slider. Even still, a couple of the motion shots I added motion to the shot while editing, and filmed those myself as well.

Thanks again everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

#16 ·
I've been looking at that 7D for a while, but thinking they must be about to release a new version. For sure if I buy one they will. Currently using a Rebel with some L lenses and want to upgrade the body for better ISO and AF.

Really like the video.

#28 ·
Thanks so much everybody! I honestly didn't think the video would be so well received. I was proud of it regardless, but the fact that it hits home with a lot of different people is pretty cool!

The 7D is a nice rig, that's for sure. One thing's for sure, there are so many different SLR bodies that all have different firmware updates, that if you buy one camera, that camera has the opportunity to upgrade itself. I'd definitely recommend the 7D, but also look at the 60D and 6D as well. The 5Ds are very impressive too, but considerably more expensive. Of course, you get what you pay for.

#19 ·
Some awesome work , congrats and I look foward to seeing more video's from you ..

#30 ·
Cody -
Your short is beautiful and poignant. Thank you for sharing.

Are you in C-ville? I graduated UVA in '98, and now live 40 miles East, near to Richmond! I would love to circle up with you. Is your Gmail the best means of connecting? Thanks, bro.

God Bless,
Corey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.