Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my new Matrix 380 Blackout

I haven't shot the diablo arrows yet, but as you said I am sure it will be louder with them. I got it as a package, but got it customized to what I wanted.

Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout X2
    HHA Optimizer with Hawke Scope
    18" Black Eagle Arrows w/ 110 grain insert and Lumenoks
    100 grain Swhacker broadheads 1.75"

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    C.....are they vanes or feathers?

2" Blazer Vanes.

That Vortex suddenly seems mighty wide and long, huh? :-)
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

Yes it does! It is amazing how compact and light the 380 feels in comparison.

I still keep thinking about some of the stuff that's been said from time to time about Excals during the last couple of years.:-) This crossbow, like the Ten Point Stealth SS, is a game changer, IMO. Even though with a 350 grain arrow, 380 fps is smokin with KE up the wazoo and you can always slow it down with a heavier arrow. I guess it would shoot a 410 grain arrow over 350 fps.........right there in the sweet spot (for me). I will be playing with lots of arrow weights and weights FOC with the 380. It's going to be fun.
    MOON

Hopefully the arrow manufacturers will step up to the plate now and start building more arrows that can shoot consistently at those speeds. I don't have a chrono, but I am sure I slowed mine down a fair amount with a 506 grain arrow, but the KE is probably smoking. It is still a good bit faster than the 465 grains I was shooting out of the Vortex. My reason for going to the Matrix wasn't for the spped increase anyway.

Hey Pin, I think I figured out a way for you to get a 355 Blackout. The same way someone like me could get the camo 380 with the gray anodized rail of the Blackout.

One buys the camo 355, the other buys the 380 Blackout. Since the 355 and 380 limbs are the same, poundage determined by power stroke, correct?

Then just switch limbs and stock. Now you have a 355 Blackout, and a camo 380 with the gray anodized rail. The only thing missing would be a camo cheek piece that the 355 guys should buy since he would be gaining the cheek piece on the Blackout stock.

Simple as that.

U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Yep, that will work and changing limbs on them is nothing compared to compound crossbows.

It's weird how Excal picked a few dealers to pre intro these crossbows. Other dealers will be waiting for a while:-(
    MOON

I still keep thinking about some of the stuff that's been said from time to time about Excals during the last couple of years.:-) This crossbow, like the Ten Point Stealth SS, is a game changer, IMO. Even though with a 350 grain arrow, 380 fps is smokin with KE up the wazoo and you can always slow it down with a heavier arrow. I guess it would shoot a 410 grain arrow over 350 fps.........right there in the sweet spot (for me). I will be playing with lots of arrow weights and weights FOC with the 380. It's going to be fun.
    She'll fling a 410 gr'er @ 365 fps, M!

Yep, that will work and changing limbs on them is nothing compared to compound crossbows.

It's weird how Excal picked a few dealers to pre intro these crossbows. Other dealers will be waiting for a while:-(
    and those dealers are holding onto list prices basically or crappy 50$ bonus on a future purchase. also think they made a mistake not offering bare xbows.

Oh and I forgot, the camo quiver and black quiver would also have to be exchanged as well.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

I was told the new limbs will not fit old risers and neither will the new risers fit old barrels.
    MOON

yeah but I wouldn't want a camo barrel on a blackout model. I'm waiting for the 355 to get into the hands of the masses before I do anything. I have decided I want a backup for the ss just in case. Its either another parker, sz380 or a matrix 355. At least thats what I'm planning. I shot my new vert tournament bow this weekend and apparently I'm done with vert bows. The pain my shoulder is not worth the fun I get out of it. Cocking the crossbow doesn't hurt, its the angle the vert puts the pressure on my joints. the shame is NO ONE around here has an xbow class for 3d shoots so I guess those days are over
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Shadow
    Ten Point Turbo 11

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    yeah but I wouldn't want a camo barrel on a blackout model. I'm waiting for the 355 to get into the hands of the masses before I do anything. I have decided I want a backup for the ss just in case. Its either another parker, sz380 or a matrix 355. At least thats what I'm planning. I shot my new vert tournament bow this weekend and apparently I'm done with vert bows. The pain my shoulder is not worth the fun I get out of it. Cocking the crossbow doesn't hurt, its the angle the vert puts the pressure on my joints. the shame is NO ONE around here has an xbow class for 3d shoots so I guess those days are over
    Camo barrel??? The 355 camo has the gray barrel and riser just like the Blackout. Go back and look at the pictures in the last post.

Oh and I forgot, the camo quiver and black quiver would also have to be exchanged as well.

I am not fond of the camo riser and rail, or I would strongly consider the 380.

The only one that has the camo barrel and riser is the Camo 380. I just wish the camo 380 was configured like the camo 355 and Blackout 380 with the gray rail/barrel.

He camo 380 looks like this.

Wish it looked like this.
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

oh wait I see what you are saying....I had a blond moment that would work and I might throw that up to someone later on but I have to get a lot more feedback on the 355 first. If its not a lot quieter than the 380 I don't want one. Wyvern said there is some difference but its not a ton. The 380 is great for someone needing a lot of energy. I sold mine to a hog hunter and I know he'll love it. But it didn't take me long to determine the 380 is not for me on the deer I hunt anyway
    Ten Point Shadow
    Ten Point Turbo 11

I like ... the black.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

Me too...
    V.P. PA Crossbow Federation

DTM SS 330 Black

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    Here you go Pin. And the price will be right.

well I'm not doing anything until the ss gets here....got to take it one step at a time
    Ten Point Shadow
    Ten Point Turbo 11

So easy even a seven year old can shoot it! NICE!!
    Excalibur Matrix 355 w/Leupold shotgun scope
    KODABOW Bravo Zulu w/Hawke scope
    Rage Crossbow X 100gr broadheads
    Black Eagle Executioners
    Boo & Xcaliber strings

What's the difference in price between the 355 & 380?
    Are they both the same size?

Quote Originally Posted by Ventilator150 View Post
    Hey Pin, I think I figured out a way for you to get a 355 Blackout. The same way someone like me could get the camo 380 with the gray anodized rail of the Blackout.

One buys the camo 355, the other buys the 380 Blackout. Since the 355 and 380 limbs are the same, poundage determined by power stroke, correct?

Then just switch limbs and stock. Now you have a 355 Blackout, and a camo 380 with the gray anodized rail. The only thing missing would be a camo cheek piece that the 355 guys should buy since he would be gaining the cheek piece on the Blackout stock.

Simple as that.

PSE Militia - Illinois Chapter
    PSE SUPER SHORT......SUPER fast
    2012 OMEN Pro- Faster then Fast..
    If GERONIMO had a PSE- we'd all be speaking APACHE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12