Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Destroyer owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post

On a side note that would be OUTSTANDING if Barnsdale started making limbs for the Destroyer's. For some reason I have a feeling Bowtech is manufacturing them again.....not sure on that. Reason is I had a catastrophic limb failure last week on the lower limb on my 340 and Bowtech wanted the bow for evaluation/repair. If they didn't have limbs I doubt they'd waste my time with a warranty claim....at least I hope not hahah.
    Thanks for adding respected info to this thread Tony.

Side note to your side note, are limbs still able to be warrantied after they're repainted?? If so, I'll be shipping mine to you this week.
    3 D350s and an Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
    Thanks for adding respected info to this thread Tony.

Side note to your side note, are limbs still able to be warrantied after they're repainted?? If so, I'll be shipping mine to you this week.
    That I can't answer. Custom coating work will void your warranty according to Bowtech's warranty description of coverage. I think it will come down to your dealer that you bought the bow from and their relationship with the company. That goes for any company.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post

On a side note that would be OUTSTANDING if Barnsdale started making limbs for the Destroyer's. For some reason I have a feeling Bowtech is manufacturing them again.....not sure on that. Reason is I had a catastrophic limb failure last week on the lower limb on my 340 and Bowtech wanted the bow for evaluation/repair. If they didn't have limbs I doubt they'd waste my time with a warranty claim....at least I hope not hahah.
    Don't tease me!!!
    ______________________________ __
    (2010 & 2011 BowTech Destroyer 340) HardWoods HD
    (2013 BowTech Experience) Ninja
    BlackGold, CarbonTech, G5, Octane, RipCord, RidgeRunner Slings and 60x Strings -
    'I'm get'n stupid loose and I'm a lefty!'

A few years ago my local shop stopped carrying Bowtech, so any work I wanted to get done on my 2006 Tribute, at the time my only Bowtech, I had to take to 1 of 2 dealers, no closer than 1 hour away. I ended up with a splinter on the bottom limb of my Tribute and had to take it to 1 of those shops for repair. Unfortunately the repair was required during archery season With no backup bow at the time, I bought a 2012/13 Destroyer 350 LE. What a great bow, except for the flaking limb finish.

Recently, a new shop opened up just 5 miles down the road. Lucky for me, they carry Bowtech! What great news. Wanted to check out the shop anyway, so I took my 350 along and showed it to them, and they offered no assistance with it (which I wasn't really expecting much) and the tech said they've talked to Bowtech and there's nothing they can do about the flaking limb finish on any of the bows they've had issues with. Thinking that even if Bowtech, by some miracle, would ever offer any assistance with these limbs in the form of a discount on a new bow, the one that most interests me is the new Carbon Overdrive (are we calling in a C345 yet?)

Seems pretty dead in hand to me at release, even without a stabilizer or limb dampers, and the draw cycle is very similar to my 350, albeit a bit more stiff before an even more exaggerated dump into the valley. Draw cycle is more like an Allegiance. Nice stiff back wall too, similar to my 350 with Bomar stops. The lack of mass weight is nice too, but I can't help but notice it just makes the bow feel cheap. I could certainly get used to it though.

My conclusion? Even if Bowtech gave me $250 or $300 off a new Carbon Overdrive to trade in my D350 LE, it's not a good enough deal. I'd rather spend the money on getting my limbs repainted and a new string and cables from Tony219er.

If anyone is interested in that great-shooting Tribute, shoot me a PM. Going in the classifieds later today probably.

Good luck last season with the Destroyer

2013 Archery Buck.jpg
    3 D350s and an Invasion

Same buck, just another picture.

2013 Archery Buck4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    3 D350s and an Invasion

Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
    Bowtech only has #50 limbs for the destroyer.
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350(Hunting)
    "TEACH A KID TO SHOOT"
    Level 1 NAA Coach

Hear great things about the Destroyer even though it's discontinued. I'm looking for a used bow anyway and there seem to be some around. This group is obviously pretty happy with their Destroyers. Any specific reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by DubT View Post
    Hear great things about the Destroyer even though it's discontinued. I'm looking for a used bow anyway and there seem to be some around. This group is obviously pretty happy with their Destroyers. Any specific reasons?
    I have a nice 340 I would sell you.

Speed and shootability. An awesome all around packaged bow.

"TEACH A KID TO SHOOT"
    Level 1 NAA Coach

Feels like it might be a dumb/obvious question, but do left and right-handed Destroyers use the same limbs???
    3 D350s and an Invasion

Yes they use the same limbs.
    Elite energy 35

I was just out shooting mine in prep for this coming season. It will be my fourth year out with it and am still not ready for a new bow, Love this one too much

I am the same way. There's just something special about the D350.
    2011 Bowtech Destroyer 350
    GT Velocity 300
    Spot Hogg Hunter
    Slick Trick 125gr Viper Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by chesnut oak View Post
    Wish they would come out with a 2014 Limited Edition Destroyer 340 next year !!!
    Going through this thread a little bit today. They make a Carbon Destroyer 345, the decided to call it the Carbon Overdrive though.
    3 D350s and an Invasion

I just picked up a New Destroyer LE left over from last year. real happy with it so far. I had a 340 before the Invasion came out and sold it for the invasion. Glad I did, but always missed that 340. I was shooting the new RPM and didn't want to lay down that kind of coin, when my dealer said he had a leftover LE. I shot it and so glad I did. It took me back to that sweet pull and great backwall of my 340. I got it in the 60# and 30"DL what speed would you think I am getting out of it? Shooting GT XT Hunter cut to 28" with a 100 grain head. Man what a sweet bow.

I would guess 310 to 320.
    "TEACH A KID TO SHOOT"
    Level 1 NAA Coach

BrianD, agree 100% with your statement.
    "TEACH A KID TO SHOOT"
    Level 1 NAA Coach

I love my D340. So much that I have two of them outfitted exactly the same and my oldest son has one too. But it is getting close to time for new threads. Anyone have a string maker on here that they prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by semostixx View Post
    I love my D340. So much that I have two of them outfitted exactly the same and my oldest son has one too. But it is getting close to time for new threads. Anyone have a string maker on here that they prefer?
    Shane @ strict 9 makes awesome strings and so does tony219er. You wont be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by semostixx View Post
    Google " Carters Archery" or Search this forum for " Crackers"...

He's in St Joe.
    2010 D350, 50#@26'@265fps, Crackerized.[/SIZE]

Just picked up a 2013 D350 from the classifieds here on AT... shipped out Saturday. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Stoooooked to get it in. Gonna be a destroyer groupie soon enough

Welcome to the gang
    "TEACH A KID TO SHOOT"
    Level 1 NAA Coach

Anyone shot a carbon overdrive and able to compare it to their destroyer?

i just bought a destroyer 340 from a member on here. should be here Wednesday. cant wait! i sold my assassin to upgrade. glad to read so much positive posts on the destroyers. i think i made a good choice. the assassin was ok but i really wasn't impressed that much with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
    Anyone shot a carbon overdrive and able to compare it to their destroyer?
    Yes i have. I set one up and tuned it for my buddy a while back. Sweet bow! I like how light they are. The draw is very similar to the destroyers, maybe a little more stiff. The one thing i noticed that was different was the little vibration after the shot. Not sure if its the carbon composite riser or the string suppressor. But very minimal. The tunability of the OD cams is key to the bowtech bows! Cant go wrong with either imo.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast