Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Destroyer owners thread

I hate to say it but my bottom limb has two very tiny flakes on the edges already. Got it in Chicora PA from Scottie-PA. They are tiny and I'm just hoping they don't get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
    Hey pavco, how are those limbs holding up on yours and did you get it from a local shop? Got mine from Kinsey's the last week in October and used it the last week of archery season, and my top limb looks awful already. Rough finish and all.

IMG_6886c by shot4u2c, on Flickr

Destroyer owners thread

2007 Diamond Black Ice
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350

You can also fill the rod with tiny pieces of cut up twister tails for fishing. It takes a lot of chunks though.
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

Haha put them in a blender and put a dab of silicone on the end to keep them in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopehik View Post
    Haha put them in a blender and put a dab of silicone on the end to keep them in place.
    I used to pour plastic worms......... I'm gonna see if I can melt some old plastic worms and pour them into the tube.

Re: Destroyer owners thread

Any hot tips on how to get the string stop out? I took out the screw put a towel on it and tried twisting and pulling with pliers and it feels like it will break before it comes out

Sent from my USCC_ALCATEL_one_touch_988 using Tapatalk 2

Looking to get a hardcase for my 350le and was wondering if anyone can point me a good direction as far as price, durability and functionality?

I got the hardsided bone collector for mine........ practically indestructable........ little on heavy side...... weather proof....... good for putting bow in back of pu truck.

Destroyer owners thread

What do you think about stuffing carbon stop with play doh?
    2007 Diamond Black Ice

I think play doh would work but silicone maybe easier to apply with a q tip. I haven't tried removing my string stop yet so no help there but would like to know also before I scratch the heck out of it removing...anyone?

Destroyer owners thread

I'm trying to take mine out as well.. I'm thinkin maybe put a wooden dowel or something on edge of carbon( through stabilizer hole) and lightly tap out with hammer?
    2007 Diamond Black Ice

Take a screwdriver and stick it where the stabilizer screws in, hit with hammer until the string stop comes out, then buy a new string stop that is solid aluminum.

Destroyer owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by chaded View Post
    Take a screwdriver and stick it where the stabilizer screws in, hit with hammer until the string stop comes out, then buy a new string stop that is solid aluminum.
    Haha.. Is there one you recommend?..
    2007 Diamond Black Ice

I would recommend the one Tony219 sells on here or a bowrattler. Tony's looks nice imo. Here is a picture of his. You can have him make you one that is straight, or you can have the bend going up or down. I had a bowrattler on my Assassin and it is nice too.

004.jpg

Destroyer owners thread

I would recommend the one Tony219 sells on here or a bowrattler. Tony's looks nice imo. Here is a picture of his. You can have him make you one that is straight, or you can have the bend going up or down. I had a bowrattler on my Assassin and it is nice too.

004.jpg
    Seems the serving would have to be moved if were to get bent one(on factory octane strings at least)... Which brings me to my next question.. The fine serving where crosses flex guard is showing separation... I've replaced set of strings and cables because of this in the past..I really do not feel they need to be replaced again.. Will dealer reserve this section by guard?
    2007 Diamond Black Ice

The strings you see in my picture are factory strings on a bowtech destroyer so if you want to use a bent one that points like it is in the picture you should be fine, pointing the other way you will need serving a little higher. As far your dealer serving your cables I am not sure..I would think they should.

Destroyer owners thread

So many questions ;o/..ever since my last string change about a year ago... I noticed.. Top of bow... measurement from axle to where cables meet together is about 6 inches... On bottom, it's about 5 inches... Is this something to be concerned about or should they be the same? Even tho bow has been shooting pretty mint..
    2007 Diamond Black Ice

Quote Originally Posted by ndm View Post
    Any hot tips on how to get the string stop out? I took out the screw put a towel on it and tried twisting and pulling with pliers and it feels like it will break before it comes out

Well, you could just grow a pair! Or try a come along... We'll yank her out Sunday after league if you don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by P&y only View Post
    Well, you could just grow a pair! Or try a come along... We'll yank her out Sunday after league if you don't get it.
    Hey that reminds me, did you get that octane apart yet ? lol

Hey that reminds me, did you get that octane apart yet ? lol
    Nope. Guess mine aren't big enough!

Re: Destroyer owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by P&y only View Post
    I'll bring the chain and torch.

Quote Originally Posted by ndm View Post
    I'll bring the chain and torch.

The riser is aluminum. So if we hook a welder up to it, that rod should just shoot out on it's own!

what after market strings do you guys suggest for the 340?
    Bowtech Destroyer 340!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kordy View Post
    what after market strings do you guys suggest for the 340?
    I have Proline string/cables on my 340 and I am very satisfied. My D340 is THE quietest bow I have ever owned in 44 years of shooting bows! AND getting decent speeds!
    NRA Hunters Rights Site *HSUS Watchdog Site* Join the USSA <- click here
    As of 12/31/2010, HSUS had a net worth of $187.5 million. - They want to stop ALL hunting ! GET INVOLVED TO STOP THEM!
    NJ Hunters, Join The NJ Outdoor Alliance - Click Here http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/ for more info

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast