Archery Talk Forum banner

Destroyer owners thread

73K views 784 replies 187 participants last post by  thinback 
#1 ·
#22 ·
Where does the ata and string in relation to the timing dots end up when you tuners get your 340's dialed. I have custom threads on mine from a reputable builder and my ata ended up at 32.25" but the string is up against the outside [string side] timing dot on the lower cam and even with the dot on the top dot. I won't have enough twist in the string if I try to get the ata any longer or the string centered in the timing dots. Also has a bit of vibe after the shot after shooting my Cpxl.

#23 ·
The only thing I don't like about my Destroyer 340 is the noise........ After reading this thread I'm sure it is my string stop........ I'm pulling 60 lbs on 60 lb limbs........ loud tennis ball sound....... it does quiet down noticeably when I shoot a victory 350 arrow vs a 400....... I would like to shoot a HV 350...... but I need it to be quite........ What and where did y'all get your after market string stops...... I've got to get one asap.

#31 ·
I've owned a D340 since last March and have went through the gauntlet on tuning and other little tweaks. Without a doubt, the best shooting and quietest bow I have ever owned.

In order to get the bow timed and sync'd correctly, you really should have a draw board. I put a new set of VaporTrail strings on mine and it took me an evening of tweaking to get it exact. Max the bow out and ensure it hits peak or advertised weight. If not, twist up both cables until it does. Keep an eye on your DL while doing so as you might have to put a few twists in the string as you're doing this. Once it hits peak, just make sure your BH and ATA are close to advertised. Remember, there is a +- variation on these measurements. As long as its within 1/8", you should be good to go. Then use the draw board to twist and twist each yoke to set pre lean in the cam, then use the control ends of the cables to get the timing/sync correct. Remember, timing on these bows MUST be set at FULL DRAW, meaning the stops hit at the same time. Don't pay too much attention to the timing dots other than to ensure you're inside of them.

As for the string stop. Mine made the hollow sounding noise too. Like stated by a few, just fill it up with silicon and your done. I have nothing on my string other than the speed nocks, peep and string loop and no silencers on the cables. This bow is frighteningly quiet, as I found out on the two deer I killed this past fall. I was actually astonished with how quiet it was out in the woods when I shot them.

The ONLY thing about my Destroyer I don't like is the grip. I got used to it, and I shoot it very, very well, but I prefer the feel and look of side plates and am going to swap out the grip for Torqueless plates soon.

#33 ·
Ha ha, the string stopper rod is a hollow carbon rod. I tried to fill it with silicone last night and it was difficult. Most likely because there isnt a place for the air to escape as the silicone goes in. Long story short, mine is now somewhat filled with silicone. I've thought about trying to get the silicone out and filling the carbon rod with sand.

#34 ·
I started a destroyer thread back in2010. It is on archery talk some where it might answer some questions you have.

#35 ·
been shooting since October, got my D350le a few weeks ago and today my D350le served up my first robin hood yes it was a bull and I knew it was coming as so as I pulled the trigger.

#37 ·
Ok I'm setting up my bow (2013 destroyer 350le) and have to get a rest before I can shoot this bad boy so I'd like to know your opinions on the two rests I'm deciding on:
1) TT smackdown pro
2) kazaway pro
Any help would be appreciated, back into bowhunting after 15yrs and lots have changed.