Archery Talk Forum banner

Destroyer owners thread

73K views 784 replies 187 participants last post by  thinback 
#1 ·
#784 ·
Well I finally got my new Destroyer 340 all set up and ready to go. I was lucky enough to find a shop that had a brand new in box lefty left over 4 or 5 years ago. I took the factory limbs off and put barnsdales on straight away lol. I had a couple of these over the years and was mad at myself for selling them so I always told myself if I ever find a good deal on one again to buy another one. Such a sweet shooting bow. I forgot how awesome they were!
Luggage and bags Bag Helmet Wood Personal protective equipment

#773 ·
These are the measurements I got from my string maker today. Anyone with knowledge on this topic, you assistance is appreciated.
Destroyer 350 - 3 nocks @ 19" from end loop
Destroyer 340 - 3 nocks @ 19.5" from end loop

Reactions: PAKraig
#780 ·
Another Destroyer 340 build. Went with the new Origin Raptor camo(RAHoffer) this time for the riser and tightspot quiver. New fresh 65lb Barnsdale limbs that are coming in a little hot at 68lbs. New sideplates that a good friend of mine sold me(Chis Ocho).. Thanks Buddy! Threadz custom strings in Kiwi and white with black pinstripe (452X). I’m gonna try and hold onto this one for as long as my shoulders can handle it. Also got a set of 50lb barnsdale limbs just in case haha. Man I love these bows
I will run some numbers later today. 68lbs/31dl.
Theodolite Wood Tints and shades Art Chair

Wood Art Machine Cg artwork Fictional character

Bicycle tire Wood Twig Bicycle fork Metal

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hub gear Bicycle part Bicycle fork

#781 ·
Another Destroyer 340 build. Went with the new Origin Raptor camo(RAHoffer) this time for the riser and tightspot quiver. New fresh 65lb Barnsdale limbs that are coming in a little hot at 68lbs. New sideplates that a good friend of mine sold me(Chis Ocho).. Thanks Buddy! Threadz custom strings in Kiwi and white with black pinstripe (452X). I’m gonna try and hold onto this one for as long as my shoulders can handle it. Also got a set of 50lb barnsdale limbs just in case haha. Man I love these bows
I will run some numbers later today. 68lbs/31dl. View attachment 7944781
View attachment 7944782
View attachment 7944784
View attachment 7944783
Looks amazing Rod! Glad to see RAHoffer has the camo oriented correctly. Too bad other companies can't figure that out!
Awesome bows 😎

#22 ·
Where does the ata and string in relation to the timing dots end up when you tuners get your 340's dialed. I have custom threads on mine from a reputable builder and my ata ended up at 32.25" but the string is up against the outside [string side] timing dot on the lower cam and even with the dot on the top dot. I won't have enough twist in the string if I try to get the ata any longer or the string centered in the timing dots. Also has a bit of vibe after the shot after shooting my Cpxl.