Thread: Martin Diablo Takedown bow.

Martin Diablo Takedown bow.

Does anyone hear about this bow? I would like to buy one from Martin Web Store, but they do not have it.

I already sent an email to Martin about Diablo takedown.

diablotd_black_small.png
    Concentrate, and focus on the spot. ALWAYS.

<Traditional Only>

Looks to be new for this year --- surprisingly affordable:

http://www.patnorrisarchery.com/ligh...curve_bows.htm

$243.88 either Black or Vista Camo

If they offered the 30# in a 56" model, it'd make a great youth bow (and I'd get one for my son).

Saving couple bucks to buy this bow soon as it's available on Martin official Website.
    Concentrate, and focus on the spot. ALWAYS.

<Traditional Only>

i bought one a couple days ago and so far i really like it.

Nice looking bow and I like the price......
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Anyone have anymore input about this bow? Thinking about getting one.

Martin Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by AWC3117 View Post
    Anyone have anymore input about this bow? Thinking about getting one.
    I just got my Martin Diablo #50. Already mounted a Whisker Biscuit, 5 Pin True Glo and Limbsaver S-Coil. I love the bow and it shoots great. I'd be glad to answer any questions.

Does the containment rest actually work well?

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    a whisker biscuit works better on it
    Custom Rudderbow Diamondback Skin Longbow 53#
    Bear Showdown~Extreme optics, Whisker biscuit, Limbsaver s-coil, Beman Bowhunter arrows, NAP scorpion XP's 100 grain

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    Only if you're shooting a release.
    Form is everything.

I've had mine about 3 1/2 weeks now and am liking the simplicity after shooting nothing but compounds for the last 38+ years. Had to drop back to my roots, if you know what I mean. I don't hunt so I just ordered one with 30# limbs so it won't wear me out. I've proved that by putting in excess of 2000 shots through it already. 800 of them this week alone.

The bow does draw pretty smooth without excess stacking and is as accurate as I can be shooting pure instinctive. I'm impressed with the bow, and how quickly I adapted back to fingers so easily. I would advise that anybody who gets one pay particular attention to setting the proper brace height. The string that came with the bow was, shall we say, not top quality. I originally just threw the thing together without paying attention to detail and within the first ten shots the string popped off the top limb twice and the top limb twisted pretty badly when starting the draw.

Well, I took it home and did some checking. Brace height was 6 1/4", not the suggested 7". I had to add 30 twists to get the brace height right. Once I got this there were none of the previous problems so it was back to shooting and having fun. After week of shooting the string had crept and the brace was at 6 1/2", and the string was rubbing my arm when shot. Add 10 more twists. Two weeks and about 1800 shots later and it looks like it's finally done creeping.

I didn't mention it but the string is Dacron. I've read some threads about servings getting loose or frayed so I've been keeping an eye on it and not having any issues with servings. Being as the limb tips are reinforced I do intend to replace it with a lower stretch string, possibly made from BCY Angel Majesty.

Other than that I've really enjoyed getting back to basics and away from all the technical aspects of compounds. So far so good.
    PEOPLE DON'T QUIT DOING THINGS BECAUSE THEY GET OLD. THEY GET OLD BECAUSE THEY QUIT DOING THINGS.
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

BFisher - Curious what draw weight your compound bows were. I am getting ready to order a Diablo and torn between 30# and 35#. I have shot 40# recurves and 50# compounds with no problems (but only a dozen or so at a time) and not sure I want that much draw weight for range shooting 200-300 arrows in a day. I am 61 years old with a 29" draw so I know that will add about 2# to the stated draw weight.

Looks sexy.