Thread: Time for new boots

Time for new boots

I had a pair of wolverine boots that were gore-tex. They wore out after 5 years. Last year I purchased a pair of rocky boots, and I didnt notice the tag said " rocky waterproof" and not gore-tex. Well those suckers leak like you wouldnt believe. Thing is, I need new boots again. I cant handle wet feet. I have found that the gore-tex options are pretty limited. Has anyone here bought boots that were not gore-tex, but had excellent results when it comes to keeping your feet dry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Gore Tex is the way to go for me. I wear Red Wing GTX work boots on the job year around and they are excellent! Never wet feet. Also had good luck with Danner boots. I would also look at Lowe and Meindl boots which Cabelas has.....good luck!
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 , Hoyt Quiver, Hoyt Ultra Rest, HHA Optimizer, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ, Lone Wolf Treestands

I'm a fan of the Wolverine Durban's. They are waterproof and about a $100. Out of the box they feel like the most comfortable boots you've every worn. Love em. They aren't a tall boot though, which I prefer for most of my hunting.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

I would first call/contact Rocky. If boot did not perform they will stand behind product. I had a pair of timberland boots that failed, and company sent me a new pair when evidence was provided. Bought a pair of Irish Setter boots from Fleet Farm heavily discounted $60 and walked for over 1/2 hour through 6-8" water this spring without a leak.

I have a pair of 6" Lowa goretex boots that are bar none the best boo I have ever had. I also got some goretex boots from belleville boots online. They are an 8" military boot for a little extra support, and they havebeen performing very well with sturdy vibram soles. If you check belleville they may still have some closeout patterns, I got mine for a 100 bucks and if you need a different size you ship them back and they ship the right ones (they run .5 to 1 size large)

All of the non-goretex boots I've had, leaked like sieves after short periods of use. Some even leaked at the stitching from day one.
    "Why Shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't" - Mark Twain
    '13 Bowtech Experience (68# draw) lllllQAD Ultra Rest HDXlllllCX Maixma Hunter 350
    12" 11oz B-Stinger ||Spott-hogg hoggit WRAPPED lllllCarter 2-shot lllll

go to academy sports and they have wolverines for a lot cheaper. that's where i got these 1000 grams of insulation (which is my real cold weather boot) and had goretex Think they were 89.00 about a year ago

http://www.midwestboots.com/Merchant...ry_Code=9_Inch
    1. Bowtech Experience: Axcel Amortech, Ripcord SOS,
    Stokerized SS1-8"hunter, Octane Deadlock Pro