Time for new boots

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Time for new boots

I had a pair of wolverine boots that were gore-tex. They wore out after 5 years. Last year I purchased a pair of rocky boots, and I didnt notice the tag said " rocky waterproof" and not gore-tex. Well those suckers leak like you wouldnt believe. Thing is, I need new boots again. I cant handle wet feet. I have found that the gore-tex options are pretty limited. Has anyone here bought boots that were not gore-tex, but had excellent results when it comes to keeping your feet dry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Gore Tex is the way to go for me. I wear Red Wing GTX work boots on the job year around and they are excellent! Never wet feet. Also had good luck with Danner boots. I would also look at Lowe and Meindl boots which Cabelas has.....good luck!
    Mathews Chill R , Mathews CT6, Mathews QAD Ultra Rest, HHA Optimizer,KtechTech 5 Twin, Easton FMJ, Lone Wolf Treestands

I'm a fan of the Wolverine Durban's. They are waterproof and about a $100. Out of the box they feel like the most comfortable boots you've every worn. Love em. They aren't a tall boot though, which I prefer for most of my hunting.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

I would first call/contact Rocky. If boot did not perform they will stand behind product. I had a pair of timberland boots that failed, and company sent me a new pair when evidence was provided. Bought a pair of Irish Setter boots from Fleet Farm heavily discounted $60 and walked for over 1/2 hour through 6-8" water this spring without a leak.

I have a pair of 6" Lowa goretex boots that are bar none the best boo I have ever had. I also got some goretex boots from belleville boots online. They are an 8" military boot for a little extra support, and they havebeen performing very well with sturdy vibram soles. If you check belleville they may still have some closeout patterns, I got mine for a 100 bucks and if you need a different size you ship them back and they ship the right ones (they run .5 to 1 size large)

All of the non-goretex boots I've had, leaked like sieves after short periods of use. Some even leaked at the stitching from day one.

go to academy sports and they have wolverines for a lot cheaper. that's where i got these 1000 grams of insulation (which is my real cold weather boot) and had goretex Think they were 89.00 about a year ago

http://www.midwestboots.com/Merchant...ry_Code=9_Inch