Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bow Comparisons

2013 Bow Comparisons

For the sake of our customers and out of our own curiosity, we compared all the bows in the shop for speed and drawlength at a realistic hunting weight of 65# and realistic hunting arrow, Gold Tip 5575 with 100 grain tip that weighed in at 362 grains. All of the bows were set at the manufacturers 29" setting for the test, but we list what they actually measured so you can compare apples to apples.

2013-Bow-Comparisons.png

Am I reading this correct? Most of the bows ran 3/4-1" long on draw length?!?

Nice Review Thanks.

Am I reading this correct? Most of the bows ran 3/4-1" long on draw length?!?
    It seems like they always do.

Good post, good to see the comparison.

Wow, PSE Omen a full inch, both Hoyt Spyder's 3/4 of inch.

Very nice review guys. Good reference material for my search for a new bow. Looks as if with the Hoyt spiders you don't gain much from the spider to the turbo.

Great info. Thanks for sharing. I agree on the draw lengths, my Element ran 1/2" long, my Answer ran 3/4" long.

Surprised to see:
    The Spyder Turbo is only 4 fps faster than the Spyder 30
    Surprised to see the HeliM shooting 3-4 fps faster than the Spyder 30 and Element.
    The Chill is only 2fps faster than the HeliM

Very interesting. This thread will go on for pages with fan boys claiming the bows were not tuned, their bow is way faster than the bows you tested, you do not know how to measure a DL, your chrono is broken, something is wrong, you are the devil......it's coming.

Interesting.......
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lien2

Quote Originally Posted by DJO View Post
    Great info. Thanks for sharing. I agree on the draw lengths, my Element ran 1/2" long, my Answer ran 3/4" long.

Surprised to see:
    Surprised to see the HeliM shooting 3-4 fps faster than the Spyder 30 and Element.

Very interesting. This thread will go on for pages with fan boys claiming the bows were not tuned, their bow is way faster than the bows you tested, you do not know how to measure a DL, your chrono is broken, something is wrong, you are the devil......it's coming.
    Interesting find. The Answer I had was spot on the DL measured on my draw board. Your bow must have been out of specs or your draw board is set up wrong. Most of the other Answers I've heard about ran spot on as well.

Also, my Assassin runs 1/2" long. Not 3/4".

So if all the other info is correct, then the Omen set to correct DL would only be seeing 322 fps?

Were all the bows tuned or just set to the proper DL? Because if they were only set to the proper DL, then the tune would be out the window thus yielding slower speeds.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Cool comparison. Can you explain how you measured actual draw length? Thanks! It would be neat to see the speeds if all bows were set to exactly 29".

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    Interesting find. The Answer I had was spot on the DL measured on my draw board. Your bow must have been out of specs or your draw board is set up wrong. Most of the other Answers I've heard about ran spot on as well.

Also, my Assassin runs 1/2" long. Not 3/4".

So if all the other info is correct, then the Omen set to correct DL would only be seeing 322 fps?
    Yea, my Answer is still 3/4" long today, I have adjusted to it an still find it the most accurate long range hunting bow.

Maybe cranking them off from 70 to 65lbs contributed the increase in dl?

I know my insanity was spot on...

Quote Originally Posted by FritoLay View Post

Yeppers, that will do it some for sure. Good catch.

Yea, my Answer is still 3/4" long today, I have adjusted to it an still find it the most accurate long range hunting bow.
    My smooth mods were spot on but when I switched to speed mods the dl was 3/4 long took some tweaking to get it back.

I don't understand that one. I had a lot of trouble with my Answer and had to send it in for warranty work once. When it came back, the bow was spot on the DL after Elite had tuned it. Just like it was before I sent it in and when it was new.

Thanks for sharing, nice to see real "off the rack" comparisons.

Re: 2013 Bow Comparisons

Surprised to see:

Yup. The PSE army is on the way

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Team 20 Undeertakers

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    I don't understand that one. I had a lot of trouble with my Answer and had to send it in for warranty work once. When it came back, the bow was spot on the DL after Elite had tuned it. Just like it was before I sent it in and when it was new.
    I'm putting new Strings on my Answer and will dial it down to 29", my proper draw length. My Obsession KM was tuned by the dealer before it shipped it it arrived at exactly 29", not sure if the dealer had to adjust the DL or not. Never measured my Insanity, but it felt right.

Interestly, every bow tested by the OP ran at least 1/2" long and 10 out of 30 ran 3/4" long or more.

2013 Bow Comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by FritoLay View Post

Yep, adds DL so not a fair comparison for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Interesting I have shot pretty much most of the bows on the list and found completely different results than you folks have. Bows that you have going faster than others I have found the complete opposite at an even higher degree. To say most of the manufacturers are 3/4 of an inch long vs you folks not measuring correctly, my money would be on you folks not measuring correctly. I haven't found any of the bows you listed as being long out of the box by 3/4" and that is measuring several of the same model even Mathews is doing a better job with their draw lengths. Sorry to say I for one am not buying into your testing but hey that's me.
    "CRACKERIZED"
    CARTER'S ARCHERY
    (816) 232-2577
    www.cartersarchery.net

Those draw lengths are ridiculous. Does that mean the 30" they test at for advertising speeds is "their" 30 inches, which is probably 31, and not a true 30?
    Thankful for each arrow shot, especially the ones that hit where I was aiming.

Interesting I have shot pretty much most of the bows on the list and found completely different results than you folks have. Bows that you have going faster than others I have found the complete opposite at an even higher degree. To say most of the manufacturers are 3/4 of an inch long vs you folks not measuring correctly, my money would be on you folks not measuring correctly. I haven't found any of the bows you listed as being long out of the box by 3/4" and that is measuring several of the same model even Mathews is doing a better job with their draw lengths. Sorry to say I for one am not buying into your testing but hey that's me.
    Completely agree with this post as I have owned or tuned most of the bows on that list.

thank you for some very good info. hope you find more bows to give more info. on.

This will go 15 pages easy!
    “Those who act like sheep, will be eaten by Wolves”

E32
    DNA

Quote Originally Posted by bornagain View Post
    I agree. Way too many good tuners that has said just the opposite in terms of draw lengths.

In terms of the DL and tune, well, that's still something that needs to be addressed by the OP. If all they did was set to the proper DL, without tuning the bows, then they gave the bows a bad wrap because that alone would mean less speed.

Then there's the backing down the DW thus increasing the DL. No wonder some of them are measuring long. But that long?? I have my doubts.

Next the accuracy of their chrono is always in question.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast