Thread: Toxic Broadhead

Toxic Broadhead

Any opinions on these, the YouTube videos are fairly cool. Wierd design/concept, but looks effective in the tests.

http://flyingarrowmontana.com/#!/splash-page

What do think?
    Later,
    Redrun
    ---------
    07' Guardian - Vapor Trail Limb Driver Arrow Rest
    Fletcher Tru-Peep Super Hunter
    Team Extreme RT900 Sight
    Mini S-Coil Stabilizer
    Gold Tip XT Hunter 55/75 - Rage Three-Blade 100gr

Not really sure what I think. My first thought when I saw them was that wind would really mess with them on their rounded blades...but who knows. Guess we have to wait and see

With the small over all diameter you have to be sure shot placement is nothing short of perfect, which isn't always realistic. Cutting surface that only only spreads 7/8" wide means you are cutting the same tissue as opposed to extending further out and reaching critical arteries and such. Hole punching a milk jug without bone behind it is an easy display to illustrate its effectiveness on hollow containers filled with water but will it be durable enough to punch that hole through a shoulder blade on a quartering shot or uninteded shoulder shot? I hope it does do well and it is innovative so I applaud that but I would let others be the jury first and then take it from there.

Toxic 2.jpgToxic.jpg
    "Imagine all of the ghosts of your dreams, abilities, talents and ideas given to you in life standing around you at your death bed if you will. You never acted on those ideas, never used your talent, never pursued your dream, and they are all standing around you. The question is, if you die today, what ideas, what abilities, what talents will die with you"?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyZ7 View Post
    With the small over all diameter you have to be sure shot placement is nothing short of perfect, which isn't always realistic. Cutting surface that only only spreads 7/8" wide means you are cutting the same tissue as opposed to extending further out and reaching critical arteries and such. Hole punching a milk jug without bone behind it is an easy display to illustrate its effectiveness on hollow containers filled with water but will it be durable enough to punch that hole through a shoulder blade on a quartering shot or uninteded shoulder shot? I hope it does do well and it is innovative so I applaud that but I would let others be the jury first and then take it from there.

Toxic 2.jpgToxic.jpg
    In another video they did shoot it thru 3/4" plywood. Seemed to have held up alright, but I guess we'll see how good they are in the near future.
    Later,
    Redrun
    ---------
    07' Guardian - Vapor Trail Limb Driver Arrow Rest
    Fletcher Tru-Peep Super Hunter
    Team Extreme RT900 Sight
    Mini S-Coil Stabilizer
    Gold Tip XT Hunter 55/75 - Rage Three-Blade 100gr

I shot a turkey with one this year and i lost it...flew away. Obviously didn't hit it correctly. Not sure if it had anything to do with the broadhead or not...probably just a badly placed shot but I was pretty bummed. Probably won't be using them during deer/elk season

There is a thread already going on this with kill shots n pictures n stories... give it a look.
    Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to the Father but by me"

I shot one through both sides of a steel drum and through plywood and it held up. I feel its tough enough but still don't know how it will perform on animals. We will have to wait a see I guess

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4

I shot one thru 24" or foam and it out penetrated a Killzone COC and a Grip Reaper. Doesn't say how it will kill animals but the guys killing hogs with them seem to be happy with the results so far. I will be testing them against the two broadheads mentioned for accuracy.

I will be shooting hogs with these in one month. My omen will love the taste of blood this year

Sent via my mobile distraction device
    "Game Destroyer" 09 PSE Omen 29/76 | QAD HDX | Trophy Ridge React | 12" Doinker D.I.S.H | Victory VAP .300 .001 450gr | Grim Reaper Whitetail Special | 323fps 104KE
    MY BROTHER IS FINALLY CANCER FREE!!!